Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Season Opening Charity FUN Race @ Jackson R/C

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default 2010 Season Opening Charity FUN Race @ Jackson R/C

Last minute question? Email me through RCTech!

So last fall I went about organizing a little club race for all the Fun classes that don’t get much playtime at Jackson, and I learned something important. Always have a rain date!

Announcing the beginning of a tradition:
The Season Opening Charity Fun Race @ Jackson Raceway!
Saturday, April 24th (raindate Sunday)
Gates open at 8am with controlled practice
Drivers Meeting at 11:30am
Racing starts at 12 noon, Rounds will resort every round with no break in between
Online registration has closed, trophies are being made, additional sign-ups are welcome Saturday morning before 10am.
Please sign up on rcsignup.com if you’re certain to attend, awards will be based on this # of racers. Simply register, pick your cars, and enter them into the event. $20/$10/$5 for 1st/2nd/3rd classes.
Friday practice: 4pm-9pm, nitro until nightfall

129 entries so far!

With all the racer interest and public awareness that RCGT, VTA, F1 and Mini racing has brought in the last couple years, it’s about time we brought them all together for one grand event. What better way to showcase the FUN in R/C racing than to invite the best clubs in the area, to the best facility in the area, for an event to benefit two great charities near and dear to our hearts. On April 24th Jackson R/C Raceway will kick off the summer season by hosting racers from Ray Murray’s South Jersey Cost Controlled Racing club, John Brown’s Brownie’s Hobbies crew and YOU! All proceeds will be donated to the United Leukodystrophy Foundation and the American Cancer Society! For more information and to make donations outside this event, please visit www.ulf.org and American Cancer Society.

To maximize the donation from race entries, John Brown and Ray Murray have offered to supply the hardware for this event!
-Trophies for all pre-registered classes (rcsignup.com), 1st-3rd in all mains, provided by Brownie’s Hobbies, handed out at the conclusion of each main
-Plaques for “Hard Chargers” in B-mains, provided by South Jersey Cost Controlled Racing
-SWAP MEET: bring along your excess gear to strike up a deal!
-Call Outs for Charity!: This is a fun way to raise money while throwing out a challenge to a friend or rival !
Scenario:
Casey calls out Greg in the F-1 class.
The Call out requires a $ 10 donation to Charity
The Answer requires a $ 5 donation to Charity
The racer posting the fastest lap in the " Call out Qualifier " gets $5 back, the rest of the $$ goes to charity.
The racers have the choice of overgearing to win the call out, to try for their fastest lap.
It's just a fun way to raise money while buddies are bench racing in the pits.
-Bake Sale: Karen's Famous Cookies in the house!
-4wd Mini A-main: Sweep Racing USA is awarding the 2nd place A-main qualifier a set of pre-mounted Mini tires to chase down the TQ with!
-Raffle to include GT2/RCGT bodies donated by TeamB&B, a free MikeLDesigns.com paintjob and a Coby Electronics HD video camera donated by Jones Kim

Classes:Since this is a charity race, the more classes you enter, the more $$$ gets donated. So have at it, break out the piggy bank, buy yourself that fourth TC you’ve always wanted, dust off that old Mini, or beg/borrow/butdon’tsteal a FUN car to race for the day! $20/$10/$5 for 1st/2nd/3rd classes.
Sportsman TC: 17.5 open ESC, Solaris spec tire available at track $25, 1420g
Expert TC: 13.5 open ESC, Solaris spec tire available at track $25, 1420g
TCS Mini: TCS rules, 540J 12.5k rpm limit, 20t pinion maximum
Nitro TC: .12 engines, MUST have throttle return spring/rubber band!
Nitro VTA: any nitro TC, HPI vintage rims/tires and ANY vintage/muscle/oldies body, MUST have throttle return spring/rubber band!
Electric VTA: as per USVTA guidelines, open ESC but all ESC timing ZERO'd (no timing/turbo boosts/profiles)
WGT: 1c/10.5, WGT spec tires (bring softer tires as a backup)
F1: scale realistic cars (F10/103/104/109), 540J 12.5K rpm limit, 2C/6c, NEW: any foam or rubber tire
RCGT: 17.5, HPI spec tires, any non-race body, open ESC with timing (same as SJCCR)
4wd Mini: 2cLipo/6cNiMH, mini rubber tires, 17.5 open ESC

For more information on class guidelines, follow these links. However, don’t knock yourself out weighting to the gram. This is just a FUN race! Besides, no single tech guy could possibly handle all these classes!
RCGT http://www.rcgtshowdown.com/
TCS Mini http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/rules.php#mini
USVTA http://www.usvintagetransam.com/
Nitro VTA http://www.hpiracing.com/news/2009040601/
ROAR TC http://www.roarracing.com/rules.php

Trophies will be made based on pre-registered entries, so please take a moment to register at rcsignup.com, pick a car for each class you’re running and sign up for the first bit of fresh air after an entire winter inside Horsham. Choose “Pay at the event” when visiting www.rcsignup.com. Pre-registrations need to be in by Monday, April 19th, but walk-ins will be welcome! It's all for a good cause.

Do you need a tan? Haven’t raced on Jackson’s new curbs yet? Want to try racing a FUN class? This is your opportunity! Get some!

Jackson's Website, and our closest neighbor and the best GPS address: 36 Cpl. Luigi Marciante Jr. Memorial Drive, Jackson, NJ 08527-2215
Latitude and longitude: 40.123659, -74.262872; N40° 7.4195', W074° 15.7723'

This first post will always have the most up-to-date information as the event nears.

Last edited by Greg Sharpe; 04-23-2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: always updating!
Old 03-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Sounds good, greg - let's hope old ma' nature don't plan on effecting this one

What are the RCGT rules? timing or no timing on the speedos??

so far, I'm in for VTA, TSC Mini and F1
Old 03-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

You can add a gift certificate for a free paint job into the raffle. I think last time we had a list going to bring some baked good type stuff with proceeds going to donations as well.

I'll be in for RCGT for sure, most likely TC and Mini.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm in for Expert Which I hope to god is 13.5 because I talked to like 10 people at least that want to run 13.5 at Jackson this year and that was just people at the track last night.

Plus IMO there is nothing expert about 17.5 on a 160x70 track.

And I'll be in for F1 If I get one by then.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
...And I'll be in for F1 If I get one by then.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by k_bojar
...What are the RCGT rules? timing or no timing on the speedos??
Depends on SJCCR, whatever you guys decide is appropriate, we will follow suit.

Originally Posted by MikeXray
You can add a gift certificate for a free paint job into the raffle. I think last time we had a list going to bring some baked good type stuff with proceeds going to donations as well. I'll be in for RCGT for sure, most likely TC and Mini.
Thank you kind sir, raffle updated!

Last edited by Greg Sharpe; 03-21-2010 at 09:19 PM. Reason: clarification-ed
Old 03-22-2010, 04:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Depends on SJCCR, whatever you guys decide is appropriate, we will follow suit.
from what i've read, its looking like we're (sjccr) is going with the 'pro' version of RCGT - which allows the open timing, etc, blah blah blah

post something in Ray's 2010 thread to see...RCGT won't be a 'primary' class for me this summer, so i'm only 1/2 paying attention to the rules
Old 03-22-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Question about the VTA rules. Are you running strict USVTA rules which is Novak motor and speedo? I run at Brownie's which is any 21.5 motor.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'll be running expert TC.

Karen said she would have things for the bake sale.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Double

F1 is taking off big time!

I will be there with my f1 and vta (assuming you are running the same as the Horsham esc rules).
Old 03-22-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Triple!!!

Hmmm... Which classes will I choose for this race; WGT is a definite, but I'm torn between RCGT and Expert TC. Thankfully, I'll have a few weeks to decide. Can't wait for this race to arrive - this ought to be a great way to kick off the outdoor season.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

IF YOU HAVE 17.5 TC
Old 03-22-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jiml
Question about the VTA rules. Are you running strict USVTA rules which is Novak motor and speedo? I run at Brownie's which is any 21.5 motor.
USVTA is still open speedo with Novak motors at this time with a provision to limit ESC timing, and that's the direction SJCCR and Jackson are taking for the summer months; open ESC w/ all timing OFF, Novak 21.5s, 4.2 FDR. We won't turn you away with any other 21.5 b'c this is all for charity, but you're not allowed to win with any other motor. It's basically the same rules we ran at sLowbirds, and the Novak motors shined over the few other 21.5s in attendance b'c they have slightly more timing available in the endbell.

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
...I will be there with my f1 and vta (assuming you are running the same as the Horsham esc rules).
Yessir, same rules; open ESC w/ all timing OFF.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

13.5 for me i would love it
Old 03-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Screw it I say let the "Experts" let their sacks hang out and run MOD, and let the rest of us run open 17.5 *I know MANulec is IN

I would lay out it like this:

Expert: Mod
Sportsman: 17.5
RCGT: 17.5 with no boost, so Pre v199 tekin software, SP v800_323 or less, Mamba w no CHEAT, no BDs, everything else can be run full wick.

Last edited by MikeXray; 03-22-2010 at 12:02 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.