Wiki Posts
Search

Denver, CO?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by drx
Newracer:

So that's a temp track they have up in FTC?

Where do they set up? Hard to find?
Temp varies, as low as 50-60 on the cold days in the spring (not very often), high as 130-140 in the summer

Very easy to find, it's on South Colege Avenue, the main street in FC.
Old 06-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

i don't know if any of u are still reading this tread....but i raced at fc today........novice stock class..........i feel i didn't do to bad...missed first heat........4th in second due to a popped off ballend.........2nd in third heat.........i lead both the second and third race for most of the time untill my batteries dumped on me.......for some reason my charger was false peaking on every pack..........might have been the 1/1 car battery power source i was useing.........in tha a main i qulified 7th and ended 7th after all lose of power after 2:34 into race.............but this was more of a learning experince for me and will be back with better chargeing system and i will beat hector ..........if any of u guys from fc work at hobby town let him know that the guy in the purple volvo will beat him next time
Old 07-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Default Racing FC on 7/18 then Regional

I am taking my Losi XXX-S up to FC Sunday July 18. I paid my money last week to be in the Regionals at MHORC that should be a interesting.

My goal this year is to finish and to only be lapped twice by the winner of my heat.

I just finished installing one of those Venom Racing speed meters.
It allows you to record your max speed. I am hoping it will allow me to do some real world testing of motors, battteries and gearing.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:19 AM
drx
Tech Regular

Default Re: Racing FC on 7/18 then Regional

Good for you, Man!

Hope you did well up in FC - I hear those guys are pretty good.

Right now my goal is to just get a couple races in this year. Funny (not) how unemployment affects racing.

I was thinking about getting one of those Venom meters earlier this year, but decided I didn't have room on the chassis to install it. That got me to thinking about getting one of those Facts Machine dynos to play wth instead.

</DrX>

Originally posted by imjonah
I am taking my Losi XXX-S up to FC Sunday July 18. I paid my money last week to be in the Regionals at MHORC that should be a interesting.

My goal this year is to finish and to only be lapped twice by the winner of my heat.

I just finished installing one of those Venom Racing speed meters.
It allows you to record your max speed. I am hoping it will allow me to do some real world testing of motors, battteries and gearing.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

I actually decided to check out Westminster's HobbyTown parking lot race. Real simular to Fort Collins. They had 18 drivers in Electric Stock touring, some off road and some gas touring.

This week I am buying a set of 36R Sorex Tires, a 1.17 GP3300 pack and either a 2pk2Pro or a Monster Stock Pro, I will probably do a few test runs and then put them away until the Regional race. In away its kind of a waste of money because even if I had the absolutely fastest best set up car in the event, it would mean I would finish 2 laps behind the field not 3 laps.

My driving still stinks. My one big improvement is the high speed turn at the end of straight away, I am able to move from the left side of the track come real close to the apex and not hit the far end of the track at almost full throttle. I was actually passing cars on that part of the track.
I now have to start working on the slow part of the track with all the turns. Right now I either do that part real slow or real ugly. I actually think my setup is ok and my speed control is not bad, what killing me is turning the wheel to late and over shooting.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default Gas Racing

Any On-Road Gas Racing going on in Denver/Ft.Collins area ????

I know they had a pretty good club down in Colorado Springs called MARCAR but I go up to Cheyenne every year in the summer and wouldnt mind stopping by to race somewhere if at all possible.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think that the 30th is the last race in Fort Collins outside this season. They do run a gas on-road class.

-E
Old 10-25-2005, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 12th Scale at Westminster

Just so you guys know, they started a 12th scale series on Wed nights at Hobbytown in Westminster. Tomorrow is the second race of the season.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Default Check out www.zoomrc.com

I keep a listing of all Colorado and Wyoming RC Car race venues, locations phone numbers etc.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Race Venues

Is there a way to acquire this list ?????

On-Road Gas in particular !!!
Old 11-18-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yes

goto www.zoomrc.com all Colorado and Wyoming race locations, listed
Old 11-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Colorado

I just moved to Denver from Chicago IL and am looking for a place to race. I have been racing competitively in Illinois for many years. Most 10th scale electric oval, and some 12th and 10th on road. Wanted to know a few things:

What is the largest form of racing in Colorado? (1/8 gas, 10th electric, 18th mini's,) and car or truck. I would like to know what the mass of people are interested in. Where the most competition is. I have no issues with selling electric and going gas if I need too. And where do the best drivers go to race, and what time of the year is the best around here?

Thanks guys
Old 11-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jarhead
I just moved to Denver from Chicago IL and am looking for a place to race. I have been racing competitively in Illinois for many years. Most 10th scale electric oval, and some 12th and 10th on road. Wanted to know a few things:

What is the largest form of racing in Colorado? (1/8 gas, 10th electric, 18th mini's,) and car or truck. I would like to know what the mass of people are interested in. Where the most competition is. I have no issues with selling electric and going gas if I need too. And where do the best drivers go to race, and what time of the year is the best around here?

Thanks guys
We run carpet oval every Friday evening at the Hobbytown in Westminster. There is also an indoor dirt track in Aurora (MHORR/C). During the nicer weather, there are parking lot races at the Hobbytown's in Lakewood, Westminster and the largest crowd in Fort Collins. Biggest classes are on-road sedan and off-road dirt cars. e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any other questions. Welcome to Colorado

Old 03-03-2006, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default Any updates for the upcoming season ????

Any onroad gas racing scenes in Wyoming or Colorado.

I know that Colorado Springs had a strong showing (MARCAR) however is there anything in the Cheyenne or Ft. Collins area for Onroad Gas or Offroad Gas ????????????

Scott
[email protected]