Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Vintage On-Road Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2010 Vintage On-Road Nationals

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:39 am Post subject: Official 2010 Vintage Onroad Nationals thread.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some may already have heard, but for those who haven't, Dirla has been kind enough to allow Thunder RC Raceway to be the host track for the 2010 Onroad Vintage nationals!

I along with some help from Robert, Mark and David will be putting on the show. It will be a 3 day event, practice on Friday, swap meet, Concourse, and qualifiers on Saturday, and maybe another qualifier and Mains on Sunday.

2010 Vintage On-Road Nationals

Date: February 19th-21st, 2010. Practice all day Friday, qualifiers Saturday, Mains Sunday. Start time will be 11:00AM

Location: Thunder RC Raceway, 810 Cherokee Ave, Nashville, TN
http://www.thunderrcraceway.com/directions.htm
This is an indoor carpet road course. Race room is heated, plenty of pit space and power available. Live video feed of the race will be available on LiveRC.

Entry fee: $30 for the first entry, $10 for every additional entry. Each racer will
receive a T-shirt commemorating the event.

Classes offered:
1/10 Pan car
1/12 Pan car
1/10 4wd Touring car
1/10 Formula 1
1/10 Gearbox car (including RC10DS)
1/10 Mini

Rules: All classes will be limited to chassis’ built in 1996 and earlier. Any manufacturer will be allowed. Class formation will require a minimum of 5 entries.

Motors will be limited to 17.5 brushless or 27T brushed. 4 cell packs in the 1/12th scale pan car classes. 7.2-7.4V packs for the rest, no higher than 2s if running Lipo. No restrictions on ESC’s or radio systems. We ask if you have timing advance with a brushless ESC, to disable it if possible. No restrictions on tires or traction compounds. No protruding screws on the chassis bottoms, all screws must be properly countersunk.

The bodies allowed will be loosely regulated. Please keep the ideal of a vintage style and look. The newer "vintage T/A" bodies will be allowed on the 1/10 scale cars. If you are looking for new vintage style bodies, contact MrLexan or McAllister Racing. They have some available in the vintage category.

190mm and 200mm touring cars will be run together depending on turnout. If there are enough of each to fill their own classes, then they will be seperated as necessary.

AMB lap counting system will be used, personal transponders only. There will be some transponders available at the track for rent. First come first serve basis. Transponders can also be purchased at the track as well.

Prizes: We will be handing out door prizes only to registered racers for any products donated to us from our sponsors. 1st-5th place in the A mains will be awarded with a trophy. Concourse will be held Saturday prior to qualifying, and trophies will be awarded for best paint and most realistic.

Sponsors: Team Associated, Kal-Gard, Thunder RC Raceway, Pepsi, Mr. Lexan, DA Graphite, TN Autographics

Contact info:
Brandon Giles [email protected]
http://www.thunderrcraceway.com/index.html
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12768

I will be adding details as they come around.

We hope to get many racer's from out of town on this one, so come on out and show everybody how we get it done in Nashville!!

If you need help getting into a good vintage ride, feel free to ask either me, Robert, Battman, or Scott. I'm sure one of us can get you pointed in the right direction.

Last edited by bngiles on Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Old 02-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm confused, the original post was from last summer, but I haven't seen this race anywhere on the forums?
Old 02-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

go here...

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=12768

and here....

http://www.nashrcracer.com/forum/index.php
Old 02-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

How was the race? Good turn out?