Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
ROAR Gas National's (Results) >

ROAR Gas National's (Results)

ROAR Gas National's (Results)

Old 09-03-2001, 07:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation ROAR Gas National's (Results)

1st : Chris Tosolini : Yokomo GT4
2nd : Brandon McNally : Yokomo GT4
3rd : Kyle Gannon : Yokomo GT4
4th : Chris Roundtree : Yokomo GT4

...all I got so far, feel free to add on
Old 09-17-2001, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

if you call it a gas nationals...!! i was there.
Old 09-19-2001, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by RCFREAK
if you call it a gas nationals...!! i was there.
Thats what I understand too Not Much of a Race Maybe Boats will been Better Off 3 Of our Local Drivers Placed 1st in Their mains
Old 09-19-2001, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

which mains did they finish???

yeah it was a big disappointment.. i thought it was kinda unorganized... since it mostly rained during the day , most of the guys came back out after 5pm to practice until about 9pm.. why did we not just start to race then??? starting at pm..

by the las day, most of the teams pretty much packed it in..

thats why most of the top nitro names werent seen on the finals.
Old 09-19-2001, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

during the first drivers meeting, someone mentioned how about renting some kerosene heaters to dry the track... they just didnt consider it until the last day, monday, wow what traction we had when the track was dry, majority of the time the track was damp and starting to dry..

i think we could have started to race from saturday evening, sunday evening, but the hobby shop was more interested in having their catered buffet which was an extra 20 bucks.
most of us didnt see spending more money there if we were not even racing yet.. yeah no one could have stopped mother nature, but i think more could have been done with more planning... i especially was dissapointed with the announcement going on after it started to rain.. most of the racers left and they were announcing what was on the adjenda while everyone was gone. it ws just not organized, they could have had the racers meet at the unoccupied building where the buffet was at. basicaly no one knew what was going on unless you happened to be listening while gettting drenched!!

oh well i dont think i will be taking any part of racing which i need to take a plane ride to get there...any time soon.

i loved the facilty but more organiztaion would have helped... although it rained a lot, most were determined to wait it out and run when the chance was available....
Old 09-19-2001, 10:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

during the first drivers meeting, someone mentioned how about renting some kerosene heaters to dry the track... they just didnt consider it until the last day, monday, wow what traction we had when the track was dry, majority of the time the track was damp and starting to dry..

i think we could have started to race from saturday evening, sunday evening, but the hobby shop was more interested in having their catered buffet which was an extra 20 bucks.
most of us didnt see spending more money there if we were not even racing yet.. yeah no one could have stopped mother nature, but i think more could have been done with more planning... i especially was dissapointed with the announcement going on after it started to rain.. most of the racers left and they were announcing what was on the adjenda while everyone was gone. it ws just not organized, they could have had the racers meet at the unoccupied building where the buffet was at. basicaly no one knew what was going on unless you happened to be listening while gettting drenched!!

oh well i dont think i will be taking any part of racing which i need to take a plane ride to get there...any time soon.

i loved the facilty but more organiztaion would have helped... although it rained a lot, most were determined to wait it out and run when the chance was available....
LOL My Buddy Was the 1 That Mentioned the Heaters and the Deflectors LOL Well ! of the Drivers Is the 9 Yrs Old Boy Justin that Won his main Dont Remb If it was D or E main And TheOther Driver Danny driver Won The Other I belive D main And Not Sure What main the Other Driver was In was in The Boys Dad make a great Showing Also Ya I was told The Serpent Drivers And The Other Big Team Had Already left. When They Started. We all Will be In Atlanta @ the Sugar Bowl This October 5,6,7 For Road Wars @ Sugarbowl it is a really Nice Place to Race Also Check it out http://www.sugarbowlrc.com/ The Thing I Heard Was the hurry to Get the Qualifiers In So it Didnt have to be resceduled For a Later Date. And They also Said it was hard to hear and Very Rushed . Hope To See ya In Atlanta.
Old 09-20-2001, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

atalanta huh?? well someone mentioned it to me.. not sure if we can are going, no real plans of any trips away from home just yet..

although anything can happen..
later!!
Old 09-21-2001, 06:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

atalanta huh?? well someone mentioned it to me.. not sure if we can are going, no real plans of any trips away from home just yet..

although anything can happen..
later!!
My Buddys That went to Texas Said They Liked The Atlanta (sugarbowl) Better and Said they Had A real Good Racing Program And Ready For anything That Came along I think It will be Nice to See The 1/8th Scale Run. Hope To See You there.