Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Hobbytown San Marcos, every last Sunday >

Hobbytown San Marcos, every last Sunday

Hobbytown San Marcos, every last Sunday

Old 03-23-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default Hobbytown San Marcos, every last Sunday

I just came from Hobbytown and they've worked out all the details and the parking lot races are back on right in front of the shop. Races start at 10am.
Old 03-24-2004, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

No transpoonders needed yet, so Novices get out there. Hope they add a Brushless class too. I think that would draw more people, especially Novices.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Team Pharriswheel will be there! Jaci, Brandi, Jeff (and maybe Kate)!
Old 03-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Swa the surface today. Looks pretty good. I'm not sure exactly where they are putting the track, but seams very similar to the surface at Hobby Central, only bigger.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Got the old MR4TC set up with the Novak brushless system. More stick time. Wish they would add a brushless class for fun. Now Yok CGM for 19t, Losi XXXS G+ for stock, and Yok MR4TC belts for brushless messing around. Hope to see everyone tomorrow.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Yesterday was fun, really tight track made it hard to accomodate 10 cars in a heat. Finally got the Losi dialed for stcok, but got bashed back in the A-main. 19t my CGM had problems, had to let guys pass me then pulled off. Lokked at car after race, pin on CVD came loose in rear and jammed up in the rear hub carrier, then broke off, so no right rear wheel brake or acceleration, just free spinning. Was hoping to do better in this class, TQ'd 4th. The CGM was hooking up super good before that.
On another note, subject says last Sunday of every month, its actually thee 4th Sunday of every month. Hope more can make it next month.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i think the reason for the low turnout was because of the R/C Heat race up north.. they have had a lil 4-race series going... yesterday was the 3rd.. And a lot of the SD peeps have been attending it from start... will probably get another low turnout next month... the final of the 4...

I unfortunately had to work....
Old 03-29-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

I agree, the series deefinately brought some guys up there. Good to have something local though.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Race 4 is next month, that's the final chance at the trophies. I know a lot of pros will be coming to this race, so it is definately going to be the place to race.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

I posted this in another thread, cause a similar one is under Track Locator, so I'll just recap. The bump that was in the track was lame, but it just made for a change in set up in shocks, etc.. A lot of tracks have bumps, including SoCal (when the banks meet the infield). Most of us just geared down, this isn't uncommon, and the track was tight, but so are a lot of other tracks; ie., SoCal, Hobby Central, etc. The lanes were too narrow though, passing was a problem; in most mains, bashing became an issue because there just weren't enough places for most to pass. I like tight, technical tracks, they just need to be wide enough in areas to pass.
The frequency issue was a nightmare, they need to figure that out. The initial idea was different. You keep your pin, then hang it on the appropriate frequency when out on the track, similar to the way most do it, but it was changed due to the low turn out; this turned in to a bad idea.
It was hot, but not worse than any southern cal summer day. They just need to stay on a schedule. If they are going to have a lunch break, announce it before the event so we can plan for it. Also, staritng late sucked. In bigger events, we need to plan peak charging, tire selection, etc. When they did start, they wouldn't even wait an extra 15 seconds for Novices to get tot he starting line even when they were circling to get there and were actually oon the track. Since this was a first racing experience for a lot of the Novices, I would have been more leniant.
All in all, could have been a lot better, but I think since it was the first one in a while, it will get better... hopefully. I'll give it another shot. Maybe by the time the OC race series is over, they'll have it down.
Old 03-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Good to see Team Phariswheel there too. I have a 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 yr old, can't wait till they're old enough.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for everyone putting up with my girls! Brandi came in 3rd out of the 7 in her class. And Jaci placed 6th out of 7!

With the schd so tight (and the track) it was pretty hectic trying to get both my daughters cars on the track at the same time, then my heats of stock and 19turn back to back.

Thanks to my wife for bringing pizza for lunch.

With the restrictions the city had put on Hobbytown, they were trying to make it all happen. I have every confidence that it will be better next time. With constructive input from the racers, It will be.

Hey edseb, I'll let ya know the next time we have a practice at the old K-mart in Escondido! Jeff--TeamPharriswheel
Old 03-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Parriswheel. Let me know, I'm close and would love to get some practise in. With Daylight savings coming up, some of us are planning on having some after work practise in our work aprking lot here in Vista. I'll keep you posted too.
Old 04-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Next race coming soon. Who's going?
Old 04-07-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

i noticed that they re-sealed the parking lot in front where the racing will be... haven't gotten a close look yet, but i hope they took out the cracks...

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service