Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Racing near Mukilteo, Seatle? >

Racing near Mukilteo, Seatle?

Racing near Mukilteo, Seatle?

Old 01-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Racing near Mukilteo, Seatle?

Hi Guys an girls (lets face it not many girls)

Im going to be heading over to the states at the start of feb and am looking at taking my Atomic Carbon CR2 with me so that i can have a race or two. Simple question really, where are the tracks?

Much appreciated

Danny McGee
Old 01-20-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny McGee
Hi Guys an girls (lets face it not many girls)

Im going to be heading over to the states at the start of feb and am looking at taking my Atomic Carbon CR2 with me so that i can have a race or two. Simple question really, where are the tracks?

Much appreciated

Danny McGee
Check the Northwest Racers thread on RCTech. Lots of information on Hangar 30 and Burlington carpet racing and Timezone II if you want to drive further away. Lots of offroad too. Im not familiar with your car so I assumed it was onroad. But there is lots of information on both on the thread below.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/

Last edited by Cedartrack; 01-20-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Rookie

50/[/URL][/QUOTE]

Its an off road car actually. Based on the Losi CR but inboard, its a car that we've been working on for a while.

oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37306&page=2

Thanks for the info though
Old 01-20-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

50/[/URL]
Its an off road car actually. Based on the Losi CR but inboard, its a car that we've been working on for a while.

oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37306&page=2

Thanks for the info though[/QUOTE]

What part of The United States are you coming too.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The closest to Mukilteo for 1/10 off-road would be J&S Hobbies in Marysville but I've never been there so no idea of the track conditions. The top 2 in the general area you should check out for 1/10 buggy would be Mike's in Bellingham or TRCR in Tacoma. Both are a bit of a drive but are excellent tracks with great dirt & facilities and very active 1/10 ebuggy racers. Since you're close to the ferry, you might also check out the new Bremerton RC raceway that is in the process of being built depending on when you get here. They're not open yet but there's a thread open in the Northwest Racers forum about it. I think you can grab a ferry from Mukilteo to Bremerton but honestly have no idea.

Like Cedar said, check out the Northwest Racers thread
Old 01-20-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Im going to be coming over to near Seatle, Mukilteo apparently. Im going to be working right next to the huge Boeing factory if you know of it.

Any ideas what tyres are used at TRCR? as i'd want to get them suppied before hand

cheers
Old 01-20-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Im going to be coming over to near Seatle, Mukilteo apparently. Im going to be working right next to the huge Boeing factory if you know of it.

Any ideas what tyres are used at TRCR? as i'd want to get them suppied before hand

cheers
JConcepts Barcodes in the gold compound and Panther Switch/Bobcat in clay compound are the tires of choice.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cheers
Both Mike's & TRCR are hobby shops w/tracks and both stock the typical Panther/JConcepts tires you'd want as well as Losi parts. Prices are close to or the same as online for most things too.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ferry boat from mukilteo only goes to whidbey island. seattle is where you would want to catch the boat to bremerton. mikes will be a tad bit closer to mukilteo than tacoma. bout 60ish miles north. tacoma is more like 75 ish. j&s hobbies is an outdoor track and not very maintained in the winter. not much of a race program in the summer either. kinda a bash track and somewhere for the locals to run. mikes or tacoma for the real racin. how long you gonna be in mukilteo working? and yes most people know of the boeing building. (its not hard to miss) largest building in the usa.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by dragonracing
ferry boat from mukilteo only goes to whidbey island. seattle is where you would want to catch the boat to bremerton. mikes will be a tad bit closer to mukilteo than tacoma. bout 60ish miles north. tacoma is more like 75 ish. j&s hobbies is an outdoor track and not very maintained in the winter. not much of a race program in the summer either. kinda a bash track and somewhere for the locals to run. mikes or tacoma for the real racin. how long you gonna be in mukilteo working? and yes most people know of the boeing building. (its not hard to miss) largest building in the usa.
haha, yer i had the feeling you guys may know of it

Im going to be there for 3 months by the sounds of it and then maybe coming back for more once i get a proper visa sorted out.

I was hoping that there would be some sort of losi tyre that works at Tacoma seeing as im a Horizon uk sponsored guy. I guess i'll have to see if they can get me some JC tyres for when im there.

Looked at a vid of the track, looks cool to me