Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brushless racing is AWESOME!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by imprsme
Just look at the Major races...they hardly fill up like in past years. Vegas used to fill in HOURS now it doesn't fill up tillthe week of the race. Snowbirds used to fill with 300 on-road entries..the past two years On-road has taken a back seat to OVAL.
That was mainly due to the economy being poor and not the BL motors. In Vegas the racing was much closer than I expected even with the Advanced ESC being there. Much closer than it would have been with brushed motors and round cells. Sure the "Haves" will have better equipment than the "Have Nots" but the difference in that equipment now is smaller than it was with brushed and round cells.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by seaball
that kind of talk will get you banned from these forums...
LOL. Ya, god forbid we actually have to work on our cars to be competitive
Old 11-30-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

I have not raced TC with anything but a modified motor. I could never go back to cutting comms and changing brushes every 1-2 runs just to be able to race. Brushless (and LiPo) is the best thing that ever could have happened. No matter what you do, you will never be down on power. And you can spend time working on your car and driving instead of on your motor.

I guess the racers themselves have 3 choices:
1. Race Stock and Superstock and continue to have to upgrade their equipment as technology progresses. These classes have always been about being faster than the next guy.
2. Race modified and not have to worry about equipment holding them back. Driving ability will be more of a limiting factor.
3. Not race at all or race a different class.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Mod sounds compelling but right now it seems kinda reserved for the factory guys. How would they feel about someone just starting to get the hang of mod bouncing off the walls around them? I would be willing to give it a shot but I would be too timid in a race with factory guys around me. Not to mention I doubt I could ever get enough people to practice with me locally.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:30 AM
Tech Legend

Mod drivers would welcome anyone to their class as they set the example for all to follow...
Old 11-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Why is this a better fit in the Racing Forum than On-Road forum? Just curious.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

^ Because it pertains to racing on-road. BTW if you can't drive why bother spending ridiculous amounts of money just to own something you shouldn't have in the first place. Especially just club racers. 1200 dollars worth of gear to win a club race held once maybe twice a month??? Inzane
Old 11-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gashuffer
^ Because it pertains to racing on-road. BTW if you can't drive why bother spending ridiculous amounts of money just to own something you shouldn't have in the first place. Especially just club racers. 1200 dollars worth of gear to win a club race held once maybe twice a month??? Inzane
Seems most of the people that have responded are all pretty good drivers so I don't think that is an issue. My club races twice a week
Old 11-30-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
You on-road guys need your heads examined.
That's pretty much what my wife tells me too.

Overall, I've liked the advent of brushless, lipo, etc. As previously mentioned, it's more time spent on chassis setup and track time, less on maintanance.

But, as also mentioned by others, I'm not happy about possibly needing to spend $350.00 on a new esc to stay competitive. That's just retarded.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

roar and ifmar should make 17.5, 13.5, 10.5 spec classes like they are supposed to be. non timing advanve esc is what should be run.
If you wanna go faster run mod. which no one does.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grease
I heard about this weekend and the new 350$ ESC that everyone has to have. It sucks too because I just bought an SPX which is now obsolete
If you just bought it, it was already obsolete. Should have done more homework.

Funny, not many Tekin guys seem too worried about speedo of the week. Sure they get beat from time to time but not for long.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wingracer
If you just bought it, it was already obsolete. Should have done more homework.

Funny, not many Tekin guys seem too worried about speedo of the week. Sure they get beat from time to time but not for long.
Depends on your definition of long. The IIC where the BD was introduced seems like a long time ago to me.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Brushless IS awesome

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
Discuss.
Recently converted Team Magic M1B to brushless.

You can find the new Novak conversion kit at wolf hobbies
Old 11-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Offroad Brushless IS awesome

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
Brushless racing IS awesome....for OFFROAD!!! lol. You on-road guys need your heads examined.
Offroad Brushless is the way to go.

wolfhobbies.com
amainhobbies.com
portland raceway
Old 11-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I have not raced TC with anything but a modified motor. I could never go back to cutting comms and changing brushes every 1-2 runs just to be able to race. Brushless (and LiPo) is the best thing that ever could have happened. No matter what you do, you will never be down on power. And you can spend time working on your car and driving instead of on your motor.

I guess the racers themselves have 3 choices:
1. Race Stock and Superstock and continue to have to upgrade their equipment as technology progresses. These classes have always been about being faster than the next guy.
2. Race modified and not have to worry about equipment holding them back. Driving ability will be more of a limiting factor.
3. Not race at all or race a different class.
Thats exactly why I decided to run modified at paved nats this year. I know i was always near the bottom but I was on pace and felt very accomplished. I dropped out of stock at the race simply because of all the stuff I had to do just to have enough power. Modified you always have enough power and its all about setup and the driver.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.