Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Us Indoor Offroad Champs hosted at Motoroma

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by abramsM1
Electric 8th scale should be running with the 10th scales, if they're making the electric track bigger this year I don't see why not...
if the choice was left to me i was going to give the electric 1/8 guys the choice of where they wanted to run but that decision wasn't mine to choose
Old 12-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just my opinion. But I do not think there should be a controlled tire at least not for the mod guys anyway, thats why it is mod anything goes. Also with the economy being the way it is suppose someone has a bunch of a tire thats not on the list and thats what they were planning on running. It might turn some people away. The race sounds like its going to be good. I think you should leave the tires alone. Once again just my two cents worth.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Default quick question

is there any prize money for this race?
Old 12-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

We will be doing something new for the normal 1/10 scale classes this year.
The track will be hard packed Clay and our intentions is to have it groved and hard packed.We will be running controlled tires but in a new system.

Controle tires will be Rear only
J Concepts Bar Codes or Double Dee any compund
Losi BK Bars or Tapers
Proline Suburbs or Holeshots
Panther Switches or Raptors
Truck Kingpins and buggy X3000 2000 should be a option as well.....Hot Bodies will have there tires out soon as well.
I remember the X3000 working good last year even though I didn't have mine mounted.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Not a fan of control tires for the Mod classes.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by racer64
is there any prize money for this race?
no cash payouts just trophys and swag
Old 12-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Controle Tire

Okay here is how the control tire will work.We have chosen the three most popular tread patters from the tire companies, I am sure most of you racers have these tires in your box this way I racer is not spending allot of money on tires they don't need.

Also the West Coast Racers will be able to travel light.

The List
Losi any compound can be used.
Taper Pins
Bk Bars
x2000

Proline
Hole Shots
Suburbs
They have one other new tire

Jconcepts
Double Dees
Bar Codes
Goose bumps

Panther
switch
new tire
boa

We feel this will eliminate the guess work for the travelling racers and lighten there load
Old 12-02-2009, 03:40 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

ok, thats BS. 1st time in history that i've seen an organizer state a price, then raise it to 'cover costs'. 65bux 1st class. no thx.

i'm sorry but you guys just really messed this up with that. 'cover cost of your 1st class selection'. obama's speech writer come up with that? man its right up there with 'civilian surge'

Titty bar bill for the pro drivers need to be covered?

R
Old 12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hold On

We are still working some bugs out of the system let me check this out tomorrow and I will have all of this solved I have been reading both threads and I see some things I am not happy with.

I have been hired to make this race go super smooth and that is what I am going to do,before you guys throw us to the wolves give me until tommorrow
Old 12-02-2009, 04:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

IMHO, a control tire should be ONE tire, not 12 (not to mention the various compounds). As it is now people will end up buying 5-6 sets of tires from the approved list to find the one that works. Pick one tire and one foam and make everyone run the same thing. It'll take the guess work out and save racers money.

The entry also states "On-site registration will be available at $100.00 for the first class and $65.00 for each addition class, if not sold out" Are you serious? A $5 fee is almost understandable for registering the day of the race, but $50 (or $35... depending on what the real race fee is) is just ridiculous
Old 12-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Motorc10
Okay here is how the control tire will work.We have chosen the three most popular tread patters from the tire companies, I am sure most of you racers have these tires in your box this way I racer is not spending allot of money on tires they don't need.

Also the West Coast Racers will be able to travel light.

The List
Losi any compound can be used.
Taper Pins
Bk Bars
x2000

Proline
Hole Shots
Suburbs
They have one other new tire

Jconcepts
Double Dees
Bar Codes
Goose bumps

Panther
switch
new tire
boa

We feel this will eliminate the guess work for the travelling racers and lighten there load
Is this listed on the entry form?
Old 01-14-2010, 04:42 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

motorama isnt just a gas event, bumpty bump. updates? entry list? i know those sct guys want clarity on rules i'm sure. thankfully things are more clear in buggy. got my tickets today. get ready for some fun folks

R
Old 01-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

rules and entry list will be up by weds sorry for all delays computer was having fits and finally got them fixed
Old 01-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know you said the rules should be up by Wednesday but I am just curious to know if the anybody knows the shortcourse rules. I am probably going to run mod but I will not run mod if they allow the 4 wheels to run I think that is a bit unfair I have driven the Jammin and believe me no 2 wheel truck is coming close to that truck. Just want to know before I sign up.

Last edited by Sohlman113; 01-26-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

there are three sct classes
spec sct
mod sct
and 4wd mod sct

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.