Old 11-26-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE
Old 11-27-2009, 09:09 AM
RMI
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Bob, I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving as much as we did. Probably should leave the cars home this Saturday and run around the track to burn some of this off.......NOT!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Forgot to add myself for 1/10 TC. At least, as long as I can get some practice in.

Roll Call for Saturday Racing @ The "Bowl" 11-28-09.
1/12th Scale:
Darryl
Ray Sundland
Kent Weaver
tory maybe
Bob Walker Jr
Jean Garrity
Larry Twenty
George Whisler
Josh Whisler ( Job Pending)
1/18th Scale M18:
tory

1/18th Scale Trucks:

1/10 Scale Touring:
Will
Darryl
tory maybe
Ray Sundland (maybe)

1/16th Scale Cup Racer:
Tory, maybe

1/16th Scale Slash?
Old 11-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Prophet

man wheres the 1/18 trucks at
Old 11-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

John McV. 12th & M18
Adam McV. 12th

Brought my truck last week - others had a few trucks but nobody committed to a class. Track is much better than last year with the right-side changes and would be good for trucks. The roll call here is not a definitive list of people coming down - just who have been on this forum. George & Josh probably would run trucks too but have gotten into 12th lately too -- there's been 17 and 15 entries in the 12th scale the last two weeks.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Tech Prophet

dam that sucks i would get a cup car or a 1/12 pan car but i have to many cars like a gt2 gas truck and a losi jrxs touring car etc which is pretty hard to sell il guess il wait intil january and see if theres any more 1/18 trucks to show up
Old 11-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey TC guys,

I was thinking of dusting off my T2 and running with you guys. I would just like to know what good starting point for pinion/spur combo would be for a 13.5 motor.

See you guys on the 12th,

Carlos a.k.a Sponge Bob
Old 11-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Almost tyme

Last edited by TVMRocket69; 11-27-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
dam that sucks i would get a cup car or a 1/12 pan car but i have to many cars like a gt2 gas truck and a losi jrxs touring car etc which is pretty hard to sell il guess il wait intil january and see if theres any more 1/18 trucks to show up
We are doing our best to bring all the cars people have out of mothballs!! I know there are a bunch of trucks in the closet somewhere so what we may do special races head out this weekend and during the drivers meeting we will see how many of what we have laying around and try to get them all out on the track.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Fantastic night of racing and as always the chicken was great! Jean brought in some macaroni salad that was also out of this world!!

A quick reminder if you have friends that would like to come out and spectate please invite them we have a couple loaners that we are preparing and should be ready either this weekend or next.

Cup racers
I think we have enough to actually get something going. Mine should be ready when i get back from Florida and there are about 5 or 6 more floating around. We will have some Mini bodies as alternates for the 4 that HPI is offering and parts should be in stock soon. Remember you CAN'T CHANGE ANYTHING!!! Except the shock bodies for threaded shocks, adding roll bars and the option springs so don't go buying any go fast goodies for this class!!

Norm tested out the motor that will be our spec motor for this class and it looked pretty good.

1/12
It wouldn't be a good competition w/o a little disagreement . SO the current issue in the class is how to get all the different motor and battery combo's to run happily together. I don't think there will ever be nirvana unless everyone runs the same motor (brand and wind), speed controller (brand and settings), tires, and batteries (charged the same way) from the same manufacturer so the idea of "same" in this or any class is a bit of a stretch. The goal and idea is "close enough" and yesterday's racing and times showed that what we have is close enough to each other to make for good clean competitive racing. It was fun watching the competition, it really was, granted the Whistlers ran away with it at the end there, but it was anyone's race. Brandon was fast, Kent was also competitive, Walker's car was a rocket!!

That is the goal and I think we got there well. So .. that being said, the class will stay as it is again trying to get as many people competing as closely as possible with different equipment. BTW brushed 27t motors tuned by Walker are proving to be the ticket to speed.

That being said I'm comfortable with the rules staying as they are, and you guys seem to be having a good time out there on the track and that, again, is the goal. One note, if you are running 19t w/ 4cells you can't advance the timing on the motor past 2* (we'll be looking for some help from the pits to help with new comers in adjusting those if need be) and we would prefer you run one of the house 19t motors (10$) which are very mild in comparison to competitive 19t motors and will be the spec motor for the cup racers.

I really enjoyed yesterday! Thanks for all who came out and made it a good time!

One last note, we may need to accommodate 'Ad-Hoc' classes as the night goes on. Think of them as exhibition runs. Sometimes people come in late and no one is running their class. Lets get 1 6 minute race in to help them get bitten by the rc bug .
Old 11-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You're doing a good job - keep it up guys. Place was packed last night and a few regulars were not there. Only thing missing is trucks.

Keep everyone aware of the family-friendly pricing on entries too - great idea.

The cup racers look pretty cool - definitely could become a solid new class. Was there a battery spec?

Lost my center pivot screw on the 1/12 in the main. There's always next time. 4-cell and a good motor is still competitive, but I will try out a 1-cell with 19Turn brushed at some point. I'd rather save-up for maybe a Cup racer or something than add a 4-cell ESC to the mix.

I do have an M18 to donate for rental but would need to have you guys add a motor mount for the super-stock motor. I'll bring it down next time. I should be able to piece together an AM radio system for it too.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Tory If U don't mind bring your dyno this coming saturday.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TVMRocket69
Tory If U don't mind bring your dyno this coming saturday.
Dyno is there behind the counter, it's a blue trinity one, there is a comm cutter there too.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Sweet. I have a Lathe. Do U know if those Parma tires will be in??
Old 11-30-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TVMRocket69
Sweet. I have a Lathe. Do U know if those Parma tires will be in??
Yes Blackhawks were ordered last night and should be in on thursday, i'm having some trouble with the 1/10th foams though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.