Motorama 2010 Harrisburg PA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motorama 2010 Harrisburg PA

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

Here we go with all the hating and comparing on events. CRCRC is a good event and it is a hell of a drive for most drivers in this area. Your racing fee also covers the 37 dollars. I am racing two class and I paid for private parking and my total is $135. Look at what you are getting. You can go to all the events in the place a that is cool as hell.

If you choose not to go that is on you, but please do not come and try to talk other out of going. Just do not come to the event and do not post. Then you can call all your friends and ask or read about the event later.

This is a event that the northeast wants and needs. Others race all year around and we do not get to do that at all. So please keep it clean and keep your negative comments out of this post please. What ever happened to at the event last year post it in your forum you started. That is my 2 cent because stone cold said so. lol

I am ready to have some fun. I might just run 4 class just because I can and I love this hobby.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ready rollers
Here we go with all the hating and comparing on events. CRCRC is a good event and it is a hell of a drive for most drivers in this area. Your racing fee also covers the 37 dollars. I am racing two class and I paid for private parking and my total is $135. Look at what you are getting. You can go to all the events in the place a that is cool as hell.

If you choose not to go that is on you, but please do not come and try to talk other out of going. Just do not come to the event and do not post. Then you can call all your friends and ask or read about the event later.

This is a event that the northeast wants and needs. Others race all year around and we do not get to do that at all. So please keep it clean and keep your negative comments out of this post please. What ever happened to at the event last year post it in your forum you started. That is my 2 cent because stone cold said so. lol

I am ready to have some fun. I might just run 4 class just because I can and I love this hobby.
+1 why is everyone crying about $15.. it is what it is...
Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

no that is not it as i stated before. especially from the electric folks' POV. its the 15 tacked on after announcements (and listings) that it would be 50 a class. the registry was setup that way and in the last 24hrs, the 15 'random fee' was tacked on for both u nitro and we electric drivers. throw in increased parking rate and it does stack up. but my principle issue is with the price jack in public over period of 24hrs.

techinically since the nitro registration was up 1st (then the electric mistakenly linked to the nitro classes as i pointed out to them)...nitro drivers could have signed up only to now have their fees short b/c of the 15$ added

sad

R
Old 12-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

depending on where you travel from and how nice you wanna live for the w/e it's a $500 -$1000 w/e no matter how you slice it. so wtf is $15? who cares about the change!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:32 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpalessi
depending on where you travel from and how nice you wanna live for the w/e it's a $500 -$1000 w/e no matter how you slice it. so wtf is $15? who cares about the change!
sad.

R
Old 12-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

i've spent more on a beer and a hot dog.. get over it.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by jmcvicker
Guess they saw that being $5 below the CRCRC race meant they were a lower-class race. Prices went up. Cool. Well, someone write a story about the event - I'm a good reader.

I'm definitely running an extra class at Bumps' Christmas Classic now just to show "who does it right".
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
ph yeah. forgot..

those of you that were thinking about pulling off running at both the nitro, and the electric track, will be paying $65 for both classes. thats $130 bucks to enter 2 classes..........
Are you Guys for real? I wish the big races I attend were only 65 first,50 rest. You really should just not go if $15 is breaking the bank. I mean c'mon it costs alot of money and takes alot of hard work to put on a big race like this. You can't expect them to do it for free. At the end of the day its a business. You should just be happy your not paying $80 a entree w/ no break for the second class.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I cant wait for this race, one of my favorite events. You cant beat nitro in the middle of the winter!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Regular

I am not much for posting on here so I'll keep it short. There are some thing that need changed on the electric side of Motorama and I hope to have answers within the next 48 hrs. My partner and I Own The Hidden Hangar Hobbies in Harrisburg, Pa we are being brought in to do two things 1) oversee the building and operations of what will hopefully be the best indoor "dirt" offroad track in central pa Frank Henry will be designer and builder 2) to supply all racer with enough parts to keep you racing and having fun all weekend. We know that things in the past happened and can't really fix that other than to learn from mistakes and do the best we can do!
so much for that being short any questions or concerns I always here pm or call the shop ask for Luke or Lou
Thanks
Luke J Slabonik

Last edited by thhrc; 12-02-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Please do not start another thread! I have contacted a admin and he will be putting a sticky on THIS thread to keep it at the top of the racing forum as "Important" so please don't start anymore threads and add to the confusion.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

very cool thank you
Old 12-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

I cant believe $65 for an entry fee. That is just absurb. I didnt even pay that much when I was racing my real car. Track time wasnt even that much. Damn that is killer. Hey are the Rides, games, and activities Included in that price?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default hmmm

Originally Posted by plack75
i know $65 is a lil steep but if you think about it the spectator pass is $37...which is included in your race fees... now for those of you that went to motorama last year you know there was more to the event then just rc racing... im not defending the price and crcrc will be the best competition you can get.. but morotama was a good time even with all the b/s the electric side had to deal with last year
was the spectator entry that much?, geez, i dont remember it being that much, actuly i think i got in for free??? hmm,,
well in that case i guess it's not bad, exsept the part about having to pay the full 65 each, if your racing electric, and nitro, but then again, would that be possible i wonder, with the timing and all. hmm.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I would bet just a one day fee to see Motoramma is at least 25 bucks plus parking. I been going to this event for 20 plus years and it has steadily increased in price. Every event at the FarmShop complex has increased in price and not a little either.

As for price I guess each individual has to decide if they want to spend that kind of money or not.

Ron I feel sorry for you having topay ROAR prices for the two local Nats as your getting hosed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Stickied by popular demand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.