Entry Fee

Old 02-24-2002, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Talking Entry Fee

I just wanted to know what racers are paying for a entry fee at their local track? Its $7.00 first entry and $5.00 for every additional entry at my local track. Its $15.00 when a trophy race is being held.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:34 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

At two of the three local tracks I go to, our entry fee was $7 a class. But they raised it to $10 a class. And this is for parking lot racing on often used asphalt. But on the plus side, there are a lot of spectators(familys just getting out of church on Sunday) and draws a lot of attention to the hobby.

At the other track, the fee is $5 a class. This track is asphalt and only occasionally has many cars parked on it. On the down side, it rarely has spectators there. On the plus side, it also has indoor air conditioned pits and all the AC you can use.

I feel that the $5 is closer to what the fee should be for parking lot racing, but hey, thats the way things go sometimes.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Sounds pretty fair to me...the costs of running/upkeep of a track are pretty substantial. The local races at SRS, which is a National Level track is $7 on weekdays, and $8 on Saturdays. They don't give out plaques or trophies, but you get "Racer Bucks" to use like a gift certificate in the store. SRS is hosting the Cactus Classic again this year...14th year I believe...I guess you'd call it a Trophy Race. Entry Fee is $35/class, which includes a t-shirt for you initial entry. There are NO hand out motors or tires.
Entries are limited to 350, which they fill EVERY year, and have people BEGGING to be let in after it's filled....

Ron
Old 02-24-2002, 08:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

I pay 13 the first race, 7 each additional at the Rain City in WA. I beleive it is the largest indoor carpet track in the northwest. (At least thats what I've heard)
Old 02-24-2002, 09:27 AM
Regional Moderator

AZ_Ron: Ours isn't a nationals level track. Its a parking lot they set up in with no prizes or Racer/hobby bucks. So you race at a nationals level track for $3 less than what we pay for PVC in a parking lot. For you guys, thats more than fair!

For us, its reasonable, but not spectacular. But like I said, if they say thats what they have to charge, thats the way things are sometimes.
Old 02-24-2002, 09:33 AM
Regional Moderator

The local track here does get to host one of the Tamiya races just about every year though. I don't think its happening this year though. Would have been cool if it did though. I hope the TCS returns to KC next year.
Old 02-24-2002, 10:30 AM
Joe
Tech Regular

I pay $5 plus $5 for every additional class. It's just a parking lot track that gets setup every sunday. We do get 'Racer bucks' if you get in the top 3 of the main. The only downside is that it's only in the summer!
Old 02-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

I think it's 10 bucks here, and 3 for each additional class. Pretty good really, when you consider that you can be there for more than 12 hours and have full use of the track during that time.

Speedo
Old 02-24-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

I payed $40 today for:

Stock class
Modified class
Club membership

I think it is $13 for the first class for members, and $15 for non-members.
Old 02-24-2002, 06:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Well Dark.. I just returned home from the TCS at Trackside...
Entry was Free!!

Normally, the track I race on os 15.00 on Weekends 12.00 on week days

Weekends are 3 heats and a Main, but a Sunday race starts at 8:00am and can last till 8:00 Pm... In other words 15.00 for a day event... two movies would take 5 hours max...
Old 02-25-2002, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Our local parking lot tracks are $10, but one of the tracks gives you $3 off if you have your own personal transponder. Our carpet track is $12.
Old 02-25-2002, 08:42 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

To put some fairness in here:

A friend and I run one of the Parking lot tracks that darkseid races at. We have a AMB scoring system and transponders.

My partner and I have a ton of PVC, Laptop computer, Transponders, and software--and thats just materials (also, duct tape, soda for prepping the track, permit for using the parking lot)

I also arrive around 7:30 AM to start setting up the electronics and my buddy arrives at the same time to start setting up the "track". That's for practice to start by 10:00 AM...

We start packing up after the last race, mostly by ourselves, around 5:15 PM. I get home around 6:30 PM...

Needless to say, its a whole lot of time, not to mention we have together around $3500.00 in equipment. Once we pay off all the equipment, we will start with prizes, but our credit cards need to get paid off first.

I think $10.00 is fair, we have a pretty good track, for parking lot anyway...

Just think how much goes into all this before you start ripping on how much tracks charge.

Don't get me wrong, I love doing it! But its ALOT OF WORK, and ALOT OF MONEY. We just want to give our racers as good of a track as we can.

Just my 2 cents...

P.S. I am not flaming Darkseid or anyone else. But I just wanted to point out how much money is tied up in putting races on...
Old 02-26-2002, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

At the club I race at it is $5 for members of the club, and $15 for non-members (per class). Club membership is $50 and last for the whole racing season (march - december). It is prorated so that if you join near the end of the season you don't pay $50 to be a member for 3 races, you will only pay X amount of dollars.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Ours is 5 to practice all day, usually they will even let you in without paying. and 12 to race. I race at Hobbytown Indy on carpet oval and carpet road.
Old 02-26-2002, 08:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

That was a good post KansasRacer. I know EXACTLY where you are coming from as we are still pouring money into our parking lot track in Wichita. We haven't made it to transponder level yet, and it may be a year or 2 before that happens but we are already seeing how much money goes into just buying the necessary equipment to get the track going. The indoor offroad track I race at is $10 and they have transponders. The indoor onroad track I have been to in Enid, Ok is $10 as well. Seems that most all tracks I have raced at have been $10. KansasRacer Shoot me an email and I will email you our schedule. Seems to me you have family in wichita? [email protected]

E

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.