Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2009 ROAR Region 2 Nitro Off Road Regional Blue Diamond Sat. Sept 12th & Sun 13th >

2009 ROAR Region 2 Nitro Off Road Regional Blue Diamond Sat. Sept 12th & Sun 13th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 ROAR Region 2 Nitro Off Road Regional Blue Diamond Sat. Sept 12th & Sun 13th

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default date change

it's a shame the pro series race was'nt taken in consideration when the date was set for the blue diamond race,it is what it is though.when a date is set,for me i try to work my schedule to it,and when it changes,its like why even make plans,its either going to rain or someone will change the date.i'll just be glad when southern md. gets another offroad track
Old 08-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aaron joy
Why not just push it back a week, say Sept. 19

I would but I have to work that day and we can not do it the 26th because BD is having a big On Road race and the weekend after that October 3rd is the Electric regional at Pit Stop Hobbies so the only two option are to race on the 12th or move it to October 10th.

As you can see we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The race was not put on the books to make anybody mad we just are tight on weekends.

I am open for your input on the date guys.

Thanks
Kevin Boyle
Old 08-27-2009, 03:14 AM
Tech Rookie

My vote - leave it on 12th - we all know that the deeper we get into fall two things happen
1 It gets more iffy with weather and rain
2 More racers drop off the radar due to school stuff, athletics, family commitments, etc, etc, and attendance goes way down

Don can easily call Carlton and verify if it will PO RCPro, If he is told it will than we all will understand backing it off.

At the end of the day - how many are going to RCPro from Region 2 ROAR that are really in Region 2, instead of seeking exemption?

Please lets not forget that RCPro is not the end all, catch all, race series.
Should ROAR have been planned earlier - certainly - but thats useless background noise at this time.

This should be more about supporting our local/home tracks instead of big time series races - they do not pay the bills nor keep tracks open. They are definitely a blast granted.

Former track director/former RCPro competitorr/former ROAR 2 offroad co-director

MadMarko

Blast away - i did develop a thick skin in my tenure above
and yes we will have another track next year and will still have same issues
Old 08-27-2009, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

MadMarko,
Very well put. The 19th for would not work as I have another race scheduled that day so lets just leave it it at the 12th.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the 12th is good for me to.. as long as its a one day event.. also in Oct its gonna be cold and days shorter....
Old 08-28-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Talked with Don at Blue Diamond and Due to a scheduling conflict with the Pro series. New Date for the Regionals will be October 10,2009 [/COLOR]with a Rain date of October 17,2009 Kevin could you fill in the details such as Entry Fee, times,etc..
Old 08-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Landscaper,

When I spoke to Don this week we talked about the balance between ROAR and the Pro Series. Both organizations enjoyed hosting events at Blue Diamond. I am sure Don did what he felt was the best for all the racers and Blue Diamond. With that being said let put this behind us and look forward to the race.

I will have more info on the time and all that stuff soon.

Stay tuned

TTYL

Kevin Boyle
Old 08-29-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Its all good Kevin, I really would'nt want friction between tracks we need all we can get these days. Lets just focus on scheduling next time. Give us a heads up as soon as you get everything in order for this race. The sooner the better.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Kevin,
Do you think you could post the start time and entry fee for the regionals by the weekend. Would like to spread the word but cannot without the details.

Thanks
Old 09-02-2009, 05:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default wow

would like to say ,what a problem, everyone concerned about where to race at the end of the season. where was the racing and tracks open at the end of june ,when no one was racing for almot 3 weeks in a row. it is nice to see in this area everyone pulling for their local tracks and where they hang their tires. this is a nice problem to have to many tracks not enought wekend days ..... just my 2 c
Old 09-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Event update

Hey Guys,

I spoke to Don and I have some news about the race. Here we go

Classes:
1/8th Buggy
1/8th Truggy
Monster Truck

Format:
Doors will open at 8:00 racing starts at 10:00 This means the track will close at 9:30 for brief drivers meeting.
Qual. will be 6 minutes with 2 minutes in between each race.
We will try and call you up with 1 minute to go in the race so you make the line.
Drivers will go up the stand and come down the ramp after their race.

Fees
1st class is $30.00
2nd class is $20.00

More info to come.

Thank you

Kevin Boyle