Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Dungeon Offroad RC Park LI NY >

Dungeon Offroad RC Park LI NY

Dungeon Offroad RC Park LI NY

Old 08-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Dungeon Offroad RC Park LI NY

You heard it fellas, a couple of us got together and assembled a track in a wide open feild out in Center Moriches. The track is geared MOSTLY towards Nitro/Electric MT's and Slash/Slayer's but not limited to anything. If your looking for a place to test you 1/8 buggy/truggy or just play around with it, here's were you can! We are open to the 1/16 Revo/Slayer's as well. The track is simply perfect for the Slash/Slayer crowd!! 1/10 gas OR electric stadium trucks and buggies, bring'em!! Pretty much if it runs in the dirt, you can run it here. We are in the process of running a sprinkler system and a barrier system. There is no transponder/lap counter system yet but with the help of the donation fee, we may have one next spring. We will plan on being open ALL YEAR ROUND!!! (Weather permited) We have an area for Cometition crawlers as well. We hope to have a Monster Jam Clodbuster bull ring too! If we do hold any "FUN" races now, it will have to be human counted laps. As for a schedule, it's looking like Wed. night and ALL DAY SUNDAY TILL YA FEEL LIKE LEAVIN!! (Did I mention we have the track lit up?!) The track itself is about 120'X70'. We will be asking for a small donation for the use of the track that will go right back into the track in the form of the counting system, boarders, power, rent ect. For now, feel free to call Sean @631-905-3163 if you feel like coming down, we will almost never have a closed door. As soon as I can remember to bring my camera down there, I will grab some pics and post'em up. WE ARE NOT TRYING TO STEAL ANYONE FROM THEIR HOME TRACK, just giving them an option to relax and more or less just play around. Hope to see you guys soon!
Old 08-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Sounds cool george, is there power anywhere in the area?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Suspended

There is gonna be limited power for now till we can get a bigger generater. Prettymuch first come first serve. You can park you car right next to the track and set up easy-up's though and charge right off your battery in your real car. By next season if all goes well, we should have more than enough power for everybody!!
Old 08-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by The Slayer View Post
You heard it fellas, a couple of us got together and assembled a track in a wide open feild out in Center Moriches. The track is geared MOSTLY towards Nitro/Electric MT's and Slash/Slayer's but not limited to anything.
Well where in CM? It's a big town LOL
Old 08-15-2009, 09:14 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

holy santa clause !! really??? what s the address???

Last edited by Marcos.J; 08-15-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Bad azz!!!!
Old 08-15-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Good work George!
Old 08-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Suspended

It's off the by pass in Center Moriches on the right hand side if your heading east. I will have to put up some kind of banner cause there isn't really a street address. Thanks Jim, we are aiming to have a place to kick back and not worry what main we are in ya know. And it gives people a place to run there gear w/o worrying about it gettin run over or just driving back and fourth with no real concept of cornering and jumping.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

It's off the by pass in Center Moriches on the right hand side if your heading east. I will have to put up some kind of banner cause there isn't really a street address. Thanks Jim, we are aiming to have a place to kick back and not worry what main we are in ya know. And it gives people a place to run there gear w/o worrying about it gettin run over or just driving back and fourth with no real concept of cornering and jumping.
you going to be there in the morning? Time? better location?
Old 08-15-2009, 06:51 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lidebt2 View Post
you going to be there in the morning? Time? better location?
Blue, call the phone # I posted on the add. Sean will give you directions how to get there perfectly.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:35 AM
Suspended

We will be running all day today and into the night! Call Sean for directions @ 631-905-3163 Bring'em down, electric, nitro, 1/10, 1/8, 1/16! Slash it up too!!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

any pictures?
Old 08-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Suspended

Those are two Traxxas Slash trucks side by side. Obviously you can tell we are still working on it. We do run on it though too. We are there laying down barriers today and look forward to having it done by Wed. so we can have racing that night. A big special thanks to "Blue" for makeing it out our way to check it out! We will be seeing him for racing in two weeks!! Hey Kregger.................RALLY CAR!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Those are two Traxxas Slash trucks side by side. Obviously you can tell we are still working on it. We do run on it though too. We are there laying down barriers today and look forward to having it done by Wed. so we can have racing that night. A big special thanks to "Blue" for makeing it out our way to check it out! We will be seeing him for racing in two weeks!! Hey Kregger.................RALLY CAR!!!!!!
As a person on TV use to say "Very Interesting, Very Interesting".

I met Slayer at the track to see what is going on. It will be a fun track to run at. It's not a high competition track but more of a track to have fun at. With what Slayer and the other are planning for the rest of this year and next season it should be a excellent track for friendly competition. It's a shame that next spring I will be in NC, RETIRED. The best part is that SC10/Slasher can run there since there is no place on the Island to run expect for you backyard. It's more of a 17.5 turn track for now.

Slayer was telling me that water will be in soon and there are 2 lights now installed and 2 more will be coming soon for night racing. If you race or practice and want to "donate" to the track all the money will be going into the track. Do I as an outsider believe him? YES.

Right now the only power is a generator. You will have to have a charger that hooks to your battery for now. Also I would suggest an ez-up, table and chairs.

I have a big oval race next weekend in western PA. I will be out to CM the following weekend to try my new SC10 out. I will be running a 17.5 to see how it handles. Then maybe a few different lower turn motors.

Kregger and a few others from 360 would like this track.

If you are interested as to where it is located, PM me and I will tell you how to get there.

Like I said "Very Interesting, Very Interesting".
Old 08-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

This is awsome, I live in Mastic Beach, me and my T-Maxx thankyou.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.