Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Caribbean R/C On Road Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by epowr_Racing
So JRGTR what team are you? are these guys actually sponsored drivers or self Sponsored, cause i've heard from a few that they are very tight on sponsorship these days, we do have a few sponsored Drivers here, from Kyosho,Novarossi,RB but that's about it. what we do have out here is the Xray NT1,RRR Kyosho and the evolva M3, Mugen MTX4, MRX-4X,Velox V10, as far as Serpent we only have two guys that runs the 200mm, no one run's the 1/8th, im still trying to make up my mind between the 966 or the P81, and being the only hobby shop on the Island the guys tend looks at what you drive before they invest.
I am with the Mugen Team, we have a few sponsor guys a the team,right now I am sponsor my self jejeje... when you guys come for the winter cup ask for Jose "Subaru" we can have a couple of ice cold beers!!!. Right now the local championship runs 12 races on a year, we already have run 6 of them and I am 5th for now. the xray guys are not sponsor racers so the serpent guys only 4 guys for the mugenteam have sponsor.The team mugen hace 8 drivers,we all run 1/10 sedan 200mm roar legal and 3 of the guys run 1/8 also. we are making plans for the 2010 grandprix that you are working on, so we can talk on the winter cup, se ya!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JRGTR
I am with the Mugen Team, we have a few sponsor guys a the team,right now I am sponsor my self jejeje... when you guys come for the winter cup ask for Jose "Subaru" we can have a couple of ice cold beers!!!. Right now the local championship runs 12 races on a year, we already have run 6 of them and I am 5th for now. the xray guys are not sponsor racers so the serpent guys only 4 guys for the mugenteam have sponsor.The team mugen hace 8 drivers,we all run 1/10 sedan 200mm roar legal and 3 of the guys run 1/8 also. we are making plans for the 2010 grandprix that you are working on, so we can talk on the winter cup, se ya!!!
well,same here i'm self sponsored,but thanks to a few local companies such as NAPA Auto-Parts some drivers get help, but otherwise is the same here, We have no Team Factory but Kyosho Europe that sponsored about two guys, but I've never been a Kyosho guy,i raced Serpent, and now Mugen 1/8th, i'm happy with the car but still need a better engine, i was thinking JP eagle or Power Max TQ9 , i have the New Picco P9, but found that my old XL 7max performed way better.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

well,same here i'm self sponsored,but thanks to a few local companies such as NAPA Auto-Parts some drivers get help, but otherwise is the same here, We have no Team Factory but Kyosho Europe that sponsored about two guys, but I've never been a Kyosho guy,i raced Serpent, and now Mugen 1/8th, i'm happy with the car but still need a better engine, i was thinking JP eagle or Power Max TQ9 , i have the New Picco P9, but found that my old XL 7max performed way better.
I know what you talking about, I allways have run mugen since the release of the mtx-4, I run os engines, pico,mr ninja and max pwr, my very favorite engines and fastest races ae with the max xxl3 and the mr ninja murnan modified, those 2 are my main weapons. the os and picco are for practice, the ninja for qualify and the maz pwr for the main, I am thinking to buy another mas xxl3!!! great engine and over all power!!!
Old 07-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Suspended

I know what you talking about, I allways have run mugen since the release of the mtx-4, I run os engines, pico,mr ninja and max pwr, my very favorite engines and fastest races ae with the max xxl3 and the mr ninja murnan modified, those 2 are my main weapons. the os and picco are for practice, the ninja for qualify and the maz pwr for the main, I am thinking to buy another mas xxl3!!! great engine and over all power!!!
i have the MAX xxl3 nd i have to say what a power plant!!! im looking for a new chassis for it for the sedan class,, but i think i'll go for the TQ9 from MAX and run the XL 7 for Practice on my MRX4x.
great car the MTX-4, i know they have the MTX-4R how does it perform ?, i had the older version (2004 yeah that old) i wanted to try the NT1 but haven't made up my mind.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Rudolf,

How many GT cars do you have racing over there?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Rudolf,

How many GT cars do you have racing over there?
We have about 8 Kyosho inferno GT and 6 Ofna DM1.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

i have the MAX xxl3 nd i have to say what a power plant!!! im looking for a new chassis for it for the sedan class,, but i think i'll go for the TQ9 from MAX and run the XL 7 for Practice on my MRX4x.
great car the MTX-4, i know they have the MTX-4R how does it perform ?, i had the older version (2004 yeah that old) i wanted to try the NT1 but haven't made up my mind.
It perform better than the mtx-4, the same stability at highspeed cornering with better brakes and steering , I run mine's with the mugen mbx-6 new brake pads,futaba bls451 servos on steering and throttle,max power xxl3 engine with 2602 pipe and header,all titanium hardware(pivot balls,all links) and when I said turn the car turn, when I said brake tha car brake, when I said overtake the car overtake jajaja he is well trained!!! and I forgot I use capricorn clutch system , the aceletation with this system is out of this world!!! if you have the chance to get one of those clutch systems try one!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Suspended

It perform better than the mtx-4, the same stability at highspeed cornering with better brakes and steering , I run mine's with the mugen mbx-6 new brake pads,futaba bls451 servos on steering and throttle,max power xxl3 engine with 2602 pipe and header,all titanium hardware(pivot balls,all links) and when I said turn the car turn, when I said brake tha car brake, when I said overtake the car overtake jajaja he is well trained!!! and I forgot I use capricorn clutch system , the aceletation with this system is out of this world!!! if you have the chance to get one of those clutch systems try one!!!

you should post some pictures of your track and events
Old 07-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Suspended

Default Want to hear from you

Jamaica,Barbados,Trinidad,Puerto-Rico, i know you guys races every weekend, it's time to put the Caribbean Islands on the map,Let's use this Thread Caribbean R/C on-road Racing to let the world know that we are there.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Jamaica,Barbados,Trinidad,Puerto-Rico, i know you guys races every weekend, it's time to put the Caribbean Islands on the map,Let's use this Thread Caribbean R/C on-road Racing to let the world know that we are there.
The august race for championship moved to aug 16, but on august 2 wil be a team challenge, and on sept tha track administrator is planning a manufacturers challege the date is no set yet because of the PR drive's will be at the nats on ohio, but you can log on on our page www.hobbiespr.com or www.barcelonetarc.com , hope to meet you soon and have a couple of ice cold coronas at the track!!! the guy's at PR track knows me as Jose "Subaru"
Old 07-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

how often do u guys race electric mod
Old 07-26-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cyclone x
how often do u guys race electric mod
In Puerto Rico's case 80% of the driver's have an electrc car, but we race 1 time every two weeks on a parking lot with a portable system to assemble the track. the big races on the track are nitro cars, we invited the electric dudes but they never show at the track for events,the guys tha race electric only prefer parking lot racing than real track racing
Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Suspended

In Puerto Rico's case 80% of the driver's have an electrc car, but we race 1 time every two weeks on a parking lot with a portable system to assemble the track. the big races on the track are nitro cars, we invited the electric dudes but they never show at the track for events,the guys tha race electric only prefer parking lot racing than real track racing
Same here Nitro is what most guys run at the track, we do have a few 1/12th scales but mostly Nitro well we are getting ready for our first Monster Jam fest on the island, so all the Off road guys with their trucks will show what they can do, hAHHA that's why i stay on road but we will be in Barbados from the 17 Sept, for the Caribbean regional race, then we're off to Martinique for the French Antilles League championship,
Old 07-28-2009, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Same here Nitro is what most guys run at the track, we do have a few 1/12th scales but mostly Nitro well we are getting ready for our first Monster Jam fest on the island, so all the Off road guys with their trucks will show what they can do, hAHHA that's why i stay on road but we will be in Barbados from the 17 Sept, for the Caribbean regional race, then we're off to Martinique for the French Antilles League championship,
Hey epowr, did yoy get the dates that I posted??? if yoy enter on hobbiespr I think you can see some pics of or track. If you are comming to any of the races Pm me !!!
Old 07-29-2009, 05:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Another RC track in the Caribbean

There is another race track in the Caribbean, its located in Margarita Island, Venezuela.
See the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Caribbean R/C On Road Racing-1.jpg   Caribbean R/C On Road Racing-2.jpg   Caribbean R/C On Road Racing-3.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.