Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OakHill RC Speedway Waterford Pa.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

When that T-storm on the doppler hits at 4am when projected, it will stick around until about 4pm so most likely it will be cancelled and as of right now, the 5-6 guys from B-lo will not come down with a 60% chance and rain projected through 7pm tomorrow night. I guess at this point we hope you guys cancel and go for sunday. We will gamble and save our money and time and hope for a sunday race somewhere. We definately have Oakhill as our first choice for sunday if it gets canceled. If you guys do get a program in while dodging rain clouds, that would be good for you guys but the gamble of a 3 hour trip for us to sit under a leaky tent is not really what we want to gamble on at this point. I will check the radar again in the morning but most likely, we hope to see you guys sunday
Old 05-16-2009, 04:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Racing is still on I'm packing my stuff now. We'll keep tracking for anyone waiting to the last minute who might be traveling some distance. For those who don't know us we won't BS you. We don't want to hang out in the garage either, if it's a wash we'll tell you stright up.
Looks like it'll pass by ^^

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trave...opnav_business
Old 05-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did you guys end up getting the race in today?
Old 05-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

We got racing off and mother nature watered the track between rounds. The mains were a little wet but things went off great today. We had just under 40 entrys which is not bad considering the high percentage of rain posiblity today. Unfortunatly the rain did still cost us at least 2/3 our regular turn out. By the sounds of it we'll have all these drivers back next week plus a few new drivers as well.

7 guys left with half off coupons good for half off their first class next weekend. Where else can you race your first class for 6 bucks???
Sweet...

Last edited by jazjato; 05-16-2009 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Incredible day of racing Saturday. Everyone had a great time, chipped in to marshel, loved their weekly racing decals, and loved the track design. I'll have results, and pics up today on the Oakhill site.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Guys,

all resuts are up n the Oakhill forum. Going forward I should have them up same day.

Also the electric track looks fantastic I'll have pics up as soon as the final pipes are put down.

Turn out last weekend was about a 1/3 of expected due to doplar rain percentages. The good news is we had enough new faces to pull in more drivers for the 23rd. Talk is at least double the 37 cars we had on the 16th this coming weekend. Just wait until you see the face lift the electric track got. They took it to the base and started from scratch.

I'll want to throw my nitro down on this layout
Old 05-19-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

and you gave up 2/3 of the turn out on saturday because Sunday looked too nice of a day I told you guys to hold off until sunday. You would have gotten more entries regardless if a few guys couldn't make it sunday that could on saturday. I had 6 packed and ready to go for sunday but you were like Glenwood and forced a race in the rain I don't know about you track owners somedays
Old 05-19-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (88%+)

Originally Posted by PowerHouse
and you gave up 2/3 of the turn out on saturday because Sunday looked too nice of a day I told you guys to hold off until sunday. You would have gotten more entries regardless if a few guys couldn't make it sunday that could on saturday. I had 6 packed and ready to go for sunday but you were like Glenwood and forced a race in the rain I don't know about you track owners somedays
IDK, sunday was really cold, not sure which i would have preferred....
Old 05-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PowerHouse

Maybe you should open a track then there will finaly be a perfect track that makes all the right calls 100% of the time and no one will ever have a gripe. I think the Oak Hill crew did a great job of getting the race off when they said they would !!! There are never any guarantees with the weather no matter what the forecast is .
Old 05-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Relax hoss, I'm just bustin Jamie's chops. I know its hard work running a track as I have been part of that for years. I guess I need to add more smilies in there so the serious people can understand sarcasm
Old 05-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Track looks good. I'm gonna have to plan a trip one of these days to come race with Yall. 5.5 hour drives are no problem when I know there is deffinatly a good turnout. GF and 4 kids make me have to plan
Old 05-19-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Guys,

wait to you see the electric track. It looks sweet. Once the pipe is down "Thursday latest" we're going to see if she's nitro friendly. That way we can alternate tracks weekly and always ensure the track we're racing on is top notch.

Rocket touch base with Mark from powerhouse "I'd consider you one of his Buds". He'll know what I mean
Old 05-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Here are the pictures of Oakhills second on site track. Yes you can run both 1/10 electric and 1/8 nitros on this track as well.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Both tracks look awsome guys. I gotta make a trip up soon
Old 05-20-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Bring me some of that cold Fusion when you come up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.