R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Racing Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum-6/)
-   -   Roar Region 12 Indoor Regionals @ Stockton Raceway (https://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-forum/27903-roar-region-12-indoor-regionals-%40-stockton-raceway.html)

racenut123 11-18-2003 06:55 PM

Roar Region 12 Indoor Regionals @ Stockton Raceway

Hey Guys!For those of you in Region 12,Stockton R/c Raceway is hosting the Region 12 Indoor/carpet regionals. It will be a 1 day race event on Dec 6 2003 with practice on Friday the 5th of December.If you are needing info please post here or go to the website linked here for more info.For those of you who have never experienced carpet racing in california,here is your chance.

There will be every onroad class imaginable raced from Roadcourse to oval to 12th scale.

http://www.strchobbies.com/Welcome.cfm

Hope to see you all there!~Will be alot of fun!

Bubblestc3 11-18-2003 08:34 PM

I might be able to go...
I know that Jason, and Brent, and John are all going.
What time does practice open for on-road, on Friday?
Is there anything that we need to bring(tables, power cord, etc.)?
When is the last "club" race before the race?

Thanks,
Chirs

racenut123 11-18-2003 08:42 PM

I would bring a table and chair as it will get pretty packed.We had 100+ last club race.Chords/strips are also good.Last club race is that Saturday{29th} and wendsday{3rd} before the 6th.If you come on friday you should be all set for practice.12-9 pm.I know Walter Cosico said he was coming also.You should try to make it!:tire: :tire:

racenut123 11-20-2003 02:28 PM

TTT

racenut123 11-27-2003 07:13 PM

Hey guys the Norcal Carpet Regionals are next weekend!The turn out for Club racing has been Huge. And with Matt Francis showing his face in preparations for not only the Regionals ,but also the "Birds",Mod sedan has been Fierce! The grip on our carpet is High and racing very close now.Come on up for a one day event if you can.You wont be disapointed. I am more then sure a bunch of the same socal big names are coming this year again!

racenut123 12-02-2003 09:33 AM

4 more days!

Boomer 12-03-2003 12:43 AM

There will be every onroad class imaginable raced from Roadcourse to oval to 12th scale
It is interesting to see that there was no 1/10th onroad pan offered, yet again. It IS an imaginable onroad class. . .

racenut123 12-03-2003 07:31 AM

Its not offered because in our area there is no class. 10th scale is dead to many people.Why? I dont know.They are so cool and so fast its rediculous! Many have tried to bring the class back,with little success.Sad. I know there is a small group in the socal area that race at revelations and socal but its just them in practically a whole region.

Boomer 12-03-2003 08:36 AM

That's not entirely true - there is another medium sized group in the Sacramento area that races pan car as well. Between the two groups (plus some in Fresno) we have probably close to 25-30 racers, at least 10-15 would show up for any race. Shoot, with no announcement, we had 10 show for the Norrca State. . .

No big, we didn't expect anything from Reg 12.

racenut123 12-03-2003 11:20 AM

Who in Sac? Name them....If they are there, theyre not speaking up.Roar has not promoted pro10 unfortunately,but its not up to them.Scott,the fellow running the race would welcome all the pro10 guys to run.If you can bring some out{reasonable amount}he would accomadate. I would love to see 6 cell Mod pro10.Email him about it if you guys are interested.We are also having a 2 day championship race coming up in Jan.If your interested in running pro 10 email scott about that also. I am just baffled that if there are others out here in the sac area willing to run pro10 then why is everyone running 12th scale now.that class is absolutely taken off!

Boomer 12-03-2003 01:24 PM

I'll ask but I have a feeling that they've moved to 1/12th because they can't seem to find a good home and because they get invited to big races where Pro10 does not.

Jim Bishop is in Fresno
Taz (don't know his real name - he's a main poster on our forum)
I'd have to look at names but there are several more from N that do. . .just can't remember their names offhand. . .

What's the race in January? I can see if there is interest - I think we're far enough in advance that at least some of us can get time off, etc.

racenut123 12-03-2003 04:21 PM

I will keep you informed as soon as we decide the exact weekend.Will be lots of fun!EJ evans is the man in Northern Cali for Pro10.

Maj. Teeth 12-06-2003 08:54 AM

Coverage

So who's going to have coverage? posting results? I'm sure there's some big names and wished I could go. Anyhow, good luck to all those who runs in this race. The track looks awesome and some of the friendiest guys too.

Dan

Matt Howard 12-07-2003 12:24 AM

Matt Francis won Mod TC
Jason Moberly won 19T TC
Alex Siemantel won stock TC
I won 1/12 mod (by about 2 inches)
don't know who won 1/12 stock or any of the oval classes

racenut123 12-07-2003 09:55 AM

Wanted to say good runs for JASON ERTRACHER at the regionals.Thats Mod sedan Amain was brutal.But the 12th scale mod amain was unbelievable! 130 entrants was awsome!Good close racing all day!See you guys in January for the 2 day race.