Wiki Posts
Search

military racing in korea

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default military racing in korea

Hi there, just letting it be known that I am working with the Camp Hovey MWR (morale wellfair and recreation) to start an R/C track here. For those who don't know Camp Hovey is in Korea it is one of the most northern installations in Korea. So if you are in the military coming to Korea then remember us we are at the planning stage and are looking to have our 1st race in March also if anyone out there has an old scoring system just taking place that would like to give us a super great deal our budget is super tight mostly coming out of my pocket and thats not deep at all please let me know I will be setting up a web site soon as well and some ideas for materals for the track it is going to be on-road I have started tracks before and I know pvc is great and thats what I usually use but no room in the budget for all we need right now what do you all think of sandbags layed down to create a layout any ideas would be great thanks

Chris
Old 12-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Old fire house is great especially when you are on a budget
Old 12-29-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Sandbags are great - the first track I ever raced at used sandbags for dividers...they stop cars from jumping lanes, stay in one place (ie, don't move around when hit), and faily pliable..

only downside is if one gets a hole then you got sand all over
Old 12-29-2008, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

idk if this will hepl but i heard of peopel using old fire hoses to lay out a track.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by number_0
Hi there, just letting it be known that I am working with the Camp Hovey MWR (morale wellfair and recreation) to start an R/C track here. For those who don't know Camp Hovey is in Korea it is one of the most northern installations in Korea. So if you are in the military coming to Korea then remember us we are at the planning stage and are looking to have our 1st race in March also if anyone out there has an old scoring system just taking place that would like to give us a super great deal our budget is super tight mostly coming out of my pocket and thats not deep at all please let me know I will be setting up a web site soon as well and some ideas for materals for the track it is going to be on-road I have started tracks before and I know pvc is great and thats what I usually use but no room in the budget for all we need right now what do you all think of sandbags layed down to create a layout any ideas would be great thanks

Chris
2015 I will be there.