Racing Ethics

Old 10-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JasonC
there is a fine line between Racing ethics’ and Racing Etiquette
Jason, explain your definitions between racing Ethics and Etiquette.
Old 10-06-2003, 10:39 PM
The Evicerator

*blink*
Old 10-07-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

I guess everyone drove cleanly and ethicaly this past weekend at socal.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:51 AM
The Evicerator

Wasn't bad at all... I think we're all waiting to hear what the definitions of racing ethics and racing etiquette are.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

You would think there would be something "official" out there on the Net, but I have yet to find it. One common thing I have read, which is interesting, is that lets say you are a backmarker, the leader is coming up on your tail, but you are currently in a neck and neck battle for YOUR position... call it 6 and 7. Most places say that if you are currently in a race for your own position, that you dont need to yeild for the leader coming up on your tail. As soon as the race for your particular position is no longer neck and neck, then you have to yeild right of way.

What are your thoughts on that?
Old 10-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

I had first and second lap me when I was racing with another driver for third.....we both pulled over and #1 and #2 went by, then we started to race again. I think that was NOT the norm, and I think that it was pretty sportsman-like when the other guy saw me pull outside on a turn and pulled to the outside with me...

I think it was cool the way it worked out, but doubt I'll ever see it again....

Evis: I'm waiting too....Jason?
Old 10-07-2003, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

yea.. my worry would be that I would move over for the leader, then the guy right on my tail trying to get my spot, would dive on the inside messing up all 3... the difficulty in both backmarkers moving over at the same time is what makes this a difficult situation.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

in that case youre racing for position aswell and need to hold your line once you are out of the corner its up to the leaders to pass cleanly you are in a battle youself and your right thats a one off situation that guy you were battling with pulled over with you. dont count on that again! its a race and not qualifing. survival of the fitest! if you are by your self that would be a different scenerio! let them go!
Old 10-07-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

There is a fine line between racing ethics, (being ones philosophy when you go place your car down on the track weather it be not to crash or get consistent lap times....etc) each person will have their own Racing Ethics.

And Racing Etiquette = SPORTSMAN SHIP

Last edited by JasonC; 10-07-2003 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by holycow
yea.. my worry would be that I would move over for the leader, then the guy right on my tail trying to get my spot, would dive on the inside messing up all 3... the difficulty in both backmarkers moving over at the same time is what makes this a difficult situation.

My point exactly.....I was stunned when he followed my lead, figured I was about to lose a position....
Old 10-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, that's not normal. I've had it happen to me where the guy I was racing tucked in behind the leader and used him to pass me. . .

For some reason, it never seems to work FOR me, only AGAINST me. . .
Old 10-08-2003, 05:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by jbackslash
I guess everyone drove cleanly and ethicaly this past weekend at socal.
how was "lab" night?
Old 10-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by lbckevin
Holycow,

How come you dont get it....It is not a heads up race at socal. It is against the clock. This is what the drivers are trying to get across to drivers like yourself. It starts heads up, but it is a race against the clock. Each round is different. Your time determines your main position. You need to understand this to become a better racer. There is usually more than one heat in qual. You finish first in your heat and slow all the other drivers up in your heat....you could end up in the b main....cuz the other heat was faster than your TIME.....not heads up racing....Always racing against the clock....Follow the rules and it will be all fun for everyone....

Kevin
i know what you mean,

when you are slower than the whole other heat(not to mention any names...cough, cough, hoco, cough, cough) and you win your heat, you will be in the b-main, and effectivaly if there are faster guys behind you that can not get by(because it is a layout that has almost no places to pass, and a driver wants to pass cleanley) you will effectivaly be ruining their night by holding them up in qualifing
Old 10-08-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Bubblestc3
how was "lab" night?
Lab night was good until I got to the main.

I won the first qualifier, barely. In that qualifier I was debating wether or not to try and lap the pack(which was battling pretty good). I was hoping to sit back and just get the win but I could feel second place catching up, so I braved my way through the backmarkers. It almost turned out to be a bad decision. I got punted across the track when one of the backmarkers rear ended me after I passed him (cleanly) before the turn into the sweeper before the straight. It was hard to believe he had that much punch to send me after the turn( I later found out that he was running a brushless with the limiter on).

During the second heat that car w/brushless and I had our own battle going for a few laps. At the time I still didn't know he was running brushless. I was pissed because I couldn't gain any ground inside. I would pass him on the straight and then he would get me the second or third turn inside. I think we were both trying to keep it clean but there was quite a bit of rubbing going on. I finally got passed him but it was too late to catch the leader.

During the main, I just plained sucked. I had a second charge on a new set of batteries and it took me until the third lap to get under control. I felt bad because I unintentionally bumped one of the leaders when they were coming up on me. I was trying to get to the outside to let him by but it seems like he went to the outside too to try and pass.

Sometimes you try and excercise some etiquette and it doesn't always work out.
Old 10-09-2003, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

owwwww, you are not allowed to run a brushless stock(with or with out the limmeter) in stock..... owwwwwww(or at least not in intermediate/novice)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.