Community
Wiki Posts
Search

---Roar Region 1 Onroad Regionals---

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default ---Roar Region 1 Onroad Regionals---

Good afternoon region 1 racers! We here at 360 RC Speedway would like to let you know the schedule and a few deviations that we are going to have in place for the ROAR REGION 1 champs taking place on December 6, 7 2008 here at 360 RC Speedway

CLASSES:

-Stock Touring Car Rubber Tire
-Super Stock Touring Car Foam Tire
-1/12 Scale Stock.

We will consider running Stock TC foam tire and Super Stock TC rubber tire. However for these classes to be run, a minimum of 10 people must pre-register for these classes. This means 360 RC Speedway has to have your application by Dec. 5th. The final decision to run these classes will be made on Dec. 5th by the Regional Director.

TECH:

All cars will be teched for minimum weight and minimum ride height before and after each heat! If your car fails either after a heat, your results from that heat are disqualified. We will be tech-ing voltage and temperature in tech and walking around the pits for safe battery charging practices. This will be a permanent rule for all racing and practicing within 360 RC Speedway.

-Stock Touring Car Rubber Tire: 1525 Gms, 5mm Ride Height
-Super Stock Touring Car Foam Tire: 1418 Gms, 4mm Ride Height
-1/12 Scale Stock. 794 Gms, 3mm Ride Height

DEVIATIONS:

All Touring Car Classes: All bodies must meet the Global Body Specifications (GBS) rules. All bodies must be Standard weight (no lightweight bodies). We will be tech-ing body height/trim lines.

Super Stock Touring Class: The minimum brushless motor turn is 13.5 or 19 turn brushed. 10.5 motors will not be allowed.

1/12 scale Stock Class: The minimum weight is 794 grams. The current ROAR rule book is wrong. The new SMC Single Cell Lipo pack will be allowed, but the car must still make minimum weight and you must have a ROAR stock motor, 17.5 turn brushless or 27 turn brushed. ALL OTHER ROAR RULES APPLY

SCHEDULE:

Friday, December 5th: Open practice from 12pm – 8pm.

Saturday, December 6th: Open practice from 7am-11:00 AM, with the first qualifier going off at noon. There will be three rounds of qualifying, with a reshuffle after each round.

Saturday night at 8:00 PM Jim LaStella will be hosting the first ROAR Region 1 General Membership Meeting!!! Anyone with an interest in RC car racing is encouraged to attend. You do not need to be a ROAR member for this event. The purpose is to get out any and all concerns about our hobby, whether it's onroad, offroad, electric or fuel. ROAR will be providing refreshments.

Sunday December 7th: Open practice from 7:00am-10:30 AM, Round 4 of qualifying starts at 11:00, followed by the mains. Race Prizes and lunch break will be in between. Trophy presentation following main events.

OTHER NOTES:

360 RC Speedway is all for safe LIPO battery practices. Starting Dec 6 we will be enforcing the rules found in this document: http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/...ipo_Reader.pdf

Thank you for your time!!

Last edited by 360rcspeedway; 11-02-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

bump... I'm so pumped about this Regional that I figured I'd bump the second thread too! LMAO!!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Oh great another thread I have to watch.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I might just have to start another one...
Old 11-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jiml
Oh great another thread I have to watch.

Oh that's the famous Jiml - our ROAR Region 1 Director!