Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
2009 ROAR Region 2 Nitro Off Road Regional Blue Diamond Sat. Sept 12th & Sun 13th >

2009 ROAR Region 2 Nitro Off Road Regional Blue Diamond Sat. Sept 12th & Sun 13th

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 ROAR Region 2 Nitro Off Road Regional Blue Diamond Sat. Sept 12th & Sun 13th

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2009 ROAR Region 2 Nitro Off Road Regional Blue Diamond Sat. Sept 12th & Sun 13th

Hello Racers,

The 2009 Nitro Regional is coming up fast. This race will be divided into three segments.

Sat. Sept 12th

The 1/8 Buggy class will in the morning and run 3 rounds of Qual and then the mains.

The 1/8 Truggy class will run after the completion of the Buggy A main. They as well will run 3 rounds of Qual and then the mains.

Sun.

This day will be for the Monster Truck guys only.

Post any questions you might have.

Thanks

Kevin Boyle
Old 08-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Kevin,
How long will the Mains and Qualifiers be? What time do gates open and registration end?

Thanks
Old 08-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Landscaper
Kevin,
How long will the Mains and Qualifiers be? What time do gates open and registration end?

Thanks
I would like to see 6 minute Qualifiers and 2 minutes between each
heat race and the mains I would like to see 30 minutes. I need to talk with Don and get his imput.

This past weekend Hobby Hut and the racers did a great job with the 5 minute Qualifiers and 3 minutes betwen each heat race (8 minute total) If we can work together for 6 minutes Qualifiers and 2 minutes between each heat race (still 8 minutes) everbody wins.

I will post more info after talking win Don,

Keep the questions coming

Thanks

Kevin Boyle
Old 08-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Kevin I think you should start a poll on here to see how many are coming out for Monster truck. It could be a wasted day if only 10-15 show up. You could probably squeeze them in on Saturday. Blue Diamond has a great lighting system!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have no problem if they want to run with us would help all out with marshalling and piting etc... Run it just like Sunday at the Hut if it goes late well they got lights. Kevin any flyer for the regionals?

30-45 min A's
20 min B's
15 min C's ?

How far back for the awards top 10, 15 ?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think your plan to separate the classes is going to complicate things. Intermingling the classes helps to make the time in between qualifiers longer so people have time to prepare their cars.

If you only have 4 heats of buggies that only leaves 16 minutes in between your qualifiers after you've marshalled and chances are most will be pitting for someone during that time bringing it down to just one qualifier to prepare. It would take at least 6 heats to make it work. The buggy class might be OK but I think the truggy guys especially are gonna be left scrambling due to their smaller numbers.

I hate to be like this but the tried and true system of the past seems to work the best as it did this past weekend at Hobby Hut. 3x5 minute quals alternating between classes just works best.

Like someone already mentioned Blue Diamond has a great lighting system. I would suggest running all classes one day using the same format as the regional series and if the program goes a little long you can always use the lights if needed. I would think the added expense of running the lights probably is still cheaper then running a whole 2nd day for just a few MT guys who will likely not show anyway due to the odd program.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

i like the 1 day event. run everyone like normal if it gets late use the lights. we did that for the rc pro race and it had 4 rounds of quals. i now it was late with the mains but we are doing only 3 rounds of quals for this race. if eveything rolls smooth you can take a nice brake before the mains.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Why is this the same weekend as the last round for Pro-series?
Old 08-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PTP Racing
I think your plan to separate the classes is going to complicate things. Intermingling the classes helps to make the time in between qualifiers longer so people have time to prepare their cars.

If you only have 4 heats of buggies that only leaves 16 minutes in between your qualifiers after you've marshalled and chances are most will be pitting for someone during that time bringing it down to just one qualifier to prepare. It would take at least 6 heats to make it work. The buggy class might be OK but I think the truggy guys especially are gonna be left scrambling due to their smaller numbers.

I hate to be like this but the tried and true system of the past seems to work the best as it did this past weekend at Hobby Hut. 3x5 minute quals alternating between classes just works best.

Like someone already mentioned Blue Diamond has a great lighting system. I would suggest running all classes one day using the same format as the regional series and if the program goes a little long you can always use the lights if needed. I would think the added expense of running the lights probably is still cheaper then running a whole 2nd day for just a few MT guys who will likely not show anyway due to the odd program.
i agree...
Old 08-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

what about E-8's? might be able to get enough.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Crap!! Is it the same as the pro series? If so I and four other guys I know are going to CT. for the Pro Series.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Where do we sign up for this race at?

Thanks,
Old 08-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Guys,

All good point on the program. The reason I mixed things up was to try and make everybody happy. Some of you wanted a 1 day race as I was looking at 2 days like in years past. I prefer this program vs all together because I run two classes and I like to focus on 1 class a time. With big races such as the ROAR Nationals or Motorama, I would have so much time in between my qual. I could take a snooze. This will also keep the race surface smooth for the buggy class, because we know the Truggy class can take anything.

There are a ton of races in September and just not enough weekends to race it all.

Keep the questions coming

Thanks

Kevin Boyle
Old 08-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
There are a ton of races in September and just not enough weekends to race it all.
I really think that is BS. Pro series showed Blue Diamond support by giving the track a race. The least Blue Diamond can do is show pro series support by not scheduling a race on there weekend. I know you will be losing a lot of entree's due to the fact that half them will be at Wolcott.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 234 (100%+)

yeah, this doas kinda suck, i will be in Conn. also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.