Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
SoCal Raceway~ >

SoCal Raceway~

SoCal Raceway~

Old 08-26-2001, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Default SoCal Raceway~

Post your set up for SoCal raceway here~

What kinda tires are you guys using? I am used Tamiya's Type A reinforced tire and the track eat it up even with the traction compound. Now i'm using the new Reinforced B2 tires from Tamiya and they are working great. But the track still crack it after just one run.

I wonder what kinda tires do you guys uses at SoCal? Does your tire crack like mine did????
Old 08-27-2001, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I don't know anything about Tamiya tires and I don't even race Sedan at SoCal more than 3 times a year (I run 1/10th Pan Car so I have to borrow a Sedan to run the class) but I can tell you that the top three tires people are using are the Yoke 138G's, HPI 33R's and now, the Sorex 36R's seem to be the flavor of the week.

I ran the 36R's on a friend's sedan in Mod. a couple Tuesday's ago and they showed almost no wear at all.
Old 08-28-2001, 01:35 AM
Tech Master

where can i get the sorex tire that i Keep hearing about??? None on the LHS around me sells it. I live aournd L.A. area
Old 08-28-2001, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Cool http://www.speedtechrc.com/

I posted this for you on your other Thread...

Keep the Rubber(or Foam)on the Road!!!

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]
Old 08-28-2001, 02:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

They also stock them at SoCal now.
Old 08-28-2001, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

I race at SoCal quite a bit and the popular tires are the firm yokomo sprints with yokomo medium inserts, Yokomo 138gs with Yokomo firm inserts and the new hot tire is the sorex with HPI blue inserts. Not sure about the inserts, but pretty sure it is hpi blue or green.

let me know if you have any questions.
Old 08-29-2001, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

Wolfeman,

what kinda car are you running at SoCal? what kinda set up you have for your suspension? what weight shock oil are you using? Also what kinda spring?. here is my set-up for my TB-EVO

Damper oil: associate 70W for all
spring: Tamiya stiff blue spring at front, medium yellow spring at rear.

Tire: Tamiya reinforced B2 tire
Old 08-29-2001, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

THE tire at SoCal is the Sorex. That tire works so good, and the tire life is incredible!!! In pro-mod I can get, easily, a good 10 runs out of them before I delegate them down to Stock Tires. Sprints and 138G's we were getting about 2-3...with the drop in performance being VERY drastic!!!
Old 08-29-2001, 11:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Tony, where can you get Sorex's? and in what compound? I havent raced at Socal in forever, doh!
Old 08-29-2001, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

SoCal now carries Sorex tires. Hobby People is also trying to get them.

36R's are the ones you want....you know, until something new comes along....
Old 08-29-2001, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

TRF > I run a TC3 I have the car set-up pretty soft and it works great. The person to ask is Tphalen or Bgeck. That are insane with their TC3's at SoCal.

But i usually run blue springs in the front with gold or silver in the rear, depending on the tire wear, i will run the 3+2 or 2+2 in the rear for traction.

Talk to you soon,
Old 08-29-2001, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Are you all racing at soCal set up your car's suspension pretty soft?

I set up my car pretty stiff and It seems to kill the tire very fast. and i'm only running "STOCK"

I tried to run softer spring and softer shock oil but the car just won't react as quickly as I want it to be.

My servo is pretty weak though. Maybe I should really get a better servo. I am only running the Futaba S3003 servo came with my 3PDF radio.

Now, i'm just hoping it's ranning money from the sky.... so I can afford a good servo and good batteries and good tires and and and support this hobby~~~~
Old 08-29-2001, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Personally, I run a slightly modified version of the World's Setup. I just like it. Been branching out a bit now that Kinwald has his XXX-S completely dialed....getting a better setup every time I drive it...

Brad, on the other hand, has a TOTALLY different setup. It seems to be pretty good for stock, but for mod, I HATED it!!!! That's not to say it's not good...just not for me in mod...

Both of our setups are posted on the Racing Tips section on my site...
Old 08-30-2001, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Tony > First topic, Great website!!! and very informative. thanks for the time you put into it.

Regarding motors. What do you usually do after every race and are there any tools you use besides the ones you talk about on the web site? For example i think Parma makes a tool so when you put the endbell back on the motor it is perfectly straight.

TRF > I am a cheap bastard when it comes to tires and usually run them to the ground. My last set of Yok sprints lasted a long time, maybe 6-8 months before the grove finally set in. I had my 138gs for about a year as well. They started on the carpet track we use to have in Riverside. There is always traction at SoCal

I am not bad, usually the B main, sometimes the A. I usually do better outside parking lot than SoCal, but i am getting better.
Old 08-30-2001, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Tony,

I checked your website too. It's awsome. I got question though. For the exploded motor views. you didn't inculde the washers that are in the motor. I was cleaning up my motor last night(P2K) Two of the washer fell out and I had no idea where they should go. I asked on the board for other people's help and finally get it right. A lot of people has very different opinions as where the washers should go. Some of them even say it really doesn't matter where the washers go. Can you clear that up for me?? Thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.