Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Nitro Vintage Trans-Am.... >

Nitro Vintage Trans-Am....

Nitro Vintage Trans-Am....

Old 05-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

Default i am working on it

i just about got the car built but the body is not setting down on it correctly. hopefully i will figure it out. i promise todd i would have it ready and on the track before mother's day and i keep my promises lol
Old 05-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
i just about got the car built but the body is not setting down on it correctly. hopefully i will figure it out. i promise todd i would have it ready and on the track before mother's day and i keep my promises lol
This brings up a good point too....let's use this thread to address any building issues we may come across....

I know I still have an issue of the fuel tank lid not having enough clearance to open with the Mustang body, without cutting away some of the hood....

For now, I'll just take the body off to fuel it until I come up with a fix....Just can't bring myself to cut the hood....

Also, let's try to post some NVTA pics here too....pictures are worth 1000 words.....WORD!!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

....oh, here's another heads up.....

Anyone planning to use the HPI Mustang body will need to use 26mm tires and rims on all four corners. There is not enough clearance to use the 31mm tires and rims on the rear.

You can use the 31mm tires and rims in the rear of the HPI Camaro and Cuda bodies since they are both 200mm up front and 210mm in the rear.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My car is a little ways off. Still a work in progress. I've got too many irons in the fire, right now: HPI Challenge - [2 cars], Capital Classic - [1 car], local racing scene - [3 cars].
Old 05-08-2008, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ROCKHARD 10
Also coming soon.......NITRO VINTAGE TRANS AM.COM.......
Old 05-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Alright, check this out....

How about we use ROCKHARD10's guidelines for 301 Raceway, for the NVTA class. I know it's still a work in progress, but we can at least get guys thinking about what they'll need to do to get with the program....

1. ANY 4WD NITRO CHASSIS
2. HPI VINTAGE TA BODIES ONLY. (other company bodies will be added shortly)
3.HPI VINTAGE WHEELS AND TIRES ONLY (any tire insert may be used)
4. NON MODIFIED OS .12TG BOX STOCK ENGINES ONLY.
the OS .12TG is the only legal motor for the TRANS AM point series

This should be a great class for the big tracks like 301 and Blue Diamond.

Then I'd like to offer my "NVTA Sport" class for the casual racers who already have an RTR type nitro sedan. All they would need to get, is a body and tires to compete.

1. ANY RTR TYPE NITRO CHASSIS (approved chassis list to be determined)
2. HPI VINTAGE TA BODIES ONLY (other company bodies will be added shortly)
3. HPI VINTAGE "TREADED" WHEELS AND TIRES ONLY (stock foam inserts only)
4. MUST USE THE "PULL START" ENGINE THAT CAME WITH THE KIT
5. CHASSIS OPTION PARTS ALLOWED

I think the rules are simple enough so everyone from the "weekly racers" to the "backyard bashers" can build a car quickly and just have some fun with it....

Until we get a good base of racers in both classes, another idea is to race both classes together, at the same time, but score them seperatly like they do in full scale GTP racing.

We can use different number plates to tell the cars apart....
Old 05-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Also, the bodies should be painted in "period correct" themes....No wiLD and cRaZy flOuREsCEnT paint jobs!!!!

Solid colors and stripes will be the way to go. Again, we're going for a realistic effect here.

That's one of the main appeals to this class, for racers and spectators alike.....
Old 05-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Here is a link to some great full scale vintage pics posted by robk on the USVTA thread....

http://www.trans-amseries.com/racephotos.htm

This should give ya's some great ideas on paint....
Old 05-12-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Just a quick bump and an update to say that I talked to about 15 guys whos are bringing out their nitro RTR's in vintage trim!

Plus, with the HPI Challenge in a few weeks, I'll be pimping these NVTA classes even more....

It may take some more time to get actual cars on the track, so we're planning a "Vintage Specific" race later this summer at another HOT location here in South Jersey....wait till you see this....heh heh heh

Keep building and spreading the word....
Old 05-13-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Default i want to be a part

Sorry I have not been keeping up but I would like to race nitro trans am class. I need to catch up too. I think I have a car that is legal to the rules and I have a body and tires, just need to where to go and race.

I need some information about the HPI race too that is going too held in Jersey. Ok guys be nice to me I am getting old and no, I have not been under a rock, it is that my boy hasn't been taken care of me and informing of the status of things..... So is to late to play in South Jersey Parking Lot. been a long time for me.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by d OG black flag
I need some information about the HPI race too that is going too held in Jersey. Ok guys be nice to me I am getting old and no, I have not been under a rock, it is that my boy hasn't been taken care of me and informing of the status of things..... So is to late to play in South Jersey Parking Lot. been a long time for me.
d OG black flag, the thread is here.... http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=212189

Not too late....Still 7 days till the deadline (Wed May 21st) for a free body....
Old 05-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

BTW, I'm looking to get some NVTA (as well as electric VTA) cars at the eXpress race in Jackson on Saturday July 19th....

This should give us some time to get some cars built and ready to race.

Anyone think they will be ready, and can make it????
Old 05-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Ray, I've been missing in action but I'm back. Whats the good word my friend.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've finished digging my nitro rs4 out of mothballs and i'm getting it together to come run w/ the nitro transam boys!! When is the next event!?
Old 06-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YmeBP
I've finished digging my nitro rs4 out of mothballs and i'm getting it together to come run w/ the nitro transam boys!! When is the next event!?
I think someone got bit by the nitro bug last weekend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.