Search

Tucson AZ Nitro Racers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Tucson AZ Nitro Racers

Where are all the nitro racers in Tucson????

With the closure of Big Time RC's track, we are left with Competition Hobbies and Hobby Town.
Saturdays used to be the day to race nitro at CH, so I got all of my stuff ready and packed up and headed out to CH this morning. I was the only one there!!! Where is everybody racing in Tucson?

Lets all get together as a group and try to organize where to race on which days. It is much more fun when there is a large turnout. If nobody wants to race nitro in Tucson, I will have a bunch of stuff for sale, it just isn't worth driving all the way to Phoenix every weekend to burn some nitro.

Colin
Old 02-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Colin, if there was no one at CH then that leaves? J/K There was two full heats of buggy at HT today. Driving to Phx isn't that bad. The competition is tougher up there.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chuckinator
Hey Colin, if there was no one at CH then that leaves? J/K There was two full heats of buggy at HT today. Driving to Phx isn't that bad. The competition is tougher up there.

Yeah, I kinda figured thats where everybody was, I just didn't want to believe it, LOL!! I really can't get excited about racing there, so maybe I will just race electric and sell off the nitro stuff.

Colin
Old 02-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Colin, are you coming up next week for racing at The Pit?
Old 02-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by aznitronut
Colin, are you coming up next week for racing at The Pit?

I'll be there Tony!! Gotta get some racing in before I lose it!

Colin
Old 02-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Colin , good idea to start a tucson thread !! Is big time track done for good ??
Hobbyclown switched up the track a bit and its pretty fun , but they need to get transponder system set up already at least?? Fun place for us to practice though PhX twice a month and hobbyclown in between isnt to bad !! SEE you wensday at the clown
Old 02-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by easyryder
Colin , good idea to start a tucson thread !! Is big time track done for good ??
Hobbyclown switched up the track a bit and its pretty fun , but they need to get transponder system set up already at least?? Fun place for us to practice though PhX twice a month and hobbyclown in between isnt to bad !! SEE you wensday at the clown
Yeah, I wasn't impressed with the last layout they had in. I haven't seen the new one yet.
I wish they would get a transponder system too, it is a joke that they hand count still.

Colin
Old 02-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

I Hope you guys keep racing! I will be there from time to time, I heard rumor there is a private track somewhere by the foothills mall. Maybe someone will put another nice track in down there? Just an Idea, But what about asking Pima Motorsports park for a little space? If it is still open? Easy?
Old 02-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I tried to go that route about a year ago and PMP was going to let me use some land but it will cost everyone $15 bucks just to get in the gate. Then try to add to the race fees on and I don't think anyone would go for that.

But that was a while ago.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Tech Rookie

we want to get nitro going at ch.i know nitro indoors isn't ideal ,but if anyone has any ideas to make it more bearable I'm willing to try. for example moving big blue tables outside of garage door weather permitting on nitro race days, so people can breath and hear while not racing.We could race either Wednesday nite or Saturday afternoon.If you guys want to give it a try we would do FREE nitro racing first month or two<only applies to nitro powered vehicles on nitro race day >.If anyone has any ideas or ?s get in touch with me at store or on here.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Comp track is fun , but for 1/8 scale offroad we need holes ,ruts , dirt clods , changing track conditionsAfter a few visits got bored with it , no disrespect just my 2$
Old 02-04-2008, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

I enjoy racing at CH. The unique conditions require a unique set up and it is challenging in its own way. Also, the cars don't get dirty, LOL!!

Colin
Old 02-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by easyryder
but for 1/8 scale offroad we need holes ,ruts , dirt clods , changing track conditions
I'm with ya
Old 02-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Neither track are my favorite for 1/8th scale, but I feel CH is the better of the 2.
Who wants to build a new outdoor track?

Colin
Old 02-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

All of you guys in Tucson are such an integral part of our 1/8 scale scene here at the pit. I know it's a long way to drive and probably too far for most just to club race but I want to thank you guys for always being part of our point series races and big events.

The dirt Casey brought in at BTRC was puurrrrrrfect. It's a shame things didn't work out.

It may not be quite the same but I loved running 1/8 scale indoors at CH. Sure it's smokey but when nitro is in you veins who cares if it's in your lungs too.

Unfortunately neither Competition Hobbies or Hobby Town is handicap accessible so I don't see too many road trips from us in the near future. Even if CH fixes the lift on the stairs, the drivers stand doesn't have a cut out to drive from. Kenny is going to have shoulder surgery soon from an injury while trying to race at CH last time.

And before it becomes an issue next year when it's too late, no track will be able to host a winter series race if it's not 100% handicap accessible.

If I can't race with my homie I don't want to go.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.