Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
The Carolina's R/C Touring Car Series >

The Carolina's R/C Touring Car Series

The Carolina's R/C Touring Car Series

Old 01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Yeah, you should change 13.5 to 17.5 to meet up with Roar rules. And maybe change tires to Jaco Orange or Blue. Green might be too soft and wear out very quickly. Orange is the hardest. I don't like the rims the Jaco's come with. But almost everyone can get Jaco's. Not everyone can get the limited/last supply of RPs that are floating around.
I MAY HAVE A SEPERATE CLASS IF NEED BE FOR THE 17.5'S. MY ONLY THING IS IF YOU LOOK AT THE TIMES AT SIR, THE STOCK/17.5 CLASS IS ON AVERAGE 2-3 TENTHS FASTER A LAP THAN THE 13.5'S.

THE STOCK CLASS THIS YEAR WILL HAVE TO PLEASE THE MASSES. IN 2009 IT IS CUT AND DRY 17.5 WILL BE THE STOCK CLASS.

I WILL HAVE A POLL POSTED ON CAROLINA'S RC MONDAY, AS TO WHAT PEOPLE HAVE AND WANT TO RUN IN STOCK TOURING AND SEE WHAT THE RESULTS WILL BE.

I CAN HONESTLY SAY I DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS A PROBLEM WITH GETTING RP30'S. I KNOW THE HOBBY STOP IN ROCK HILL HAD ABOUT 10 SETS WHEN I WAS THERE A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO. IF THE JACOS ARE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE ONLINE OR FROM SOMEPLACE I CAN BUY A BULK ORDER TO KEEP PRICES DOWN(TO SELL AT THE EVENTS), THEN THAT MAYBE THE WAY WE HAVE TO GO.

IF SOMEONE AS SOMEMORE INFO ON THE TIRES LET ME KNOW ON HERE OR EMAIL ME : [email protected]
Old 01-27-2008, 07:55 PM
mep
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I can confirm that King has several sets of mounted RPs, but I'm not sure which temp range they are (RP30, RP36, etc). You could call & ask for Chris or Tony to confirm that one for ya 983-3969
Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Do you have track addresses to all these places?

I like the premounted RP30 tire. It's a pretty good tire. I was just concerned about the "rumor" of Takeoff/RP closing down their business. I guess time will tell.

As for SiR and the 17.5 being faster than 13.5.... That might have to deal with track size. Smaller tracks deal with slower motors better. A 13.5 at Durham will have a huge advantage over a 27t when geared to the moon. I never geared my 13.5 to take advange of this. I always kept it slow enough to be even speed on the straights with a fast 27t motor. At Easley I didn't race the stock/13.5 class because I heard some whining about the 13.5 being a lap faster when people switched over. So I raced mod with my 10.5 instead. But this is your series... and I will go by your rules.. Of course I will be racing the Mod Class. So it doesn't matter. As long as they show up to run.

Reggie, I looked at Stormer. They don't have premounted RP30s in stock. Neither does Nexus or SpeedtechRC. I'm back in NC. I will be goin back to college full time in the fall. So I'm here to stay for a long long time! haha.

I did see some RP30 premounts up in Virginia this past weekend. But they wanted $43!!! So I won't be buying any from there! haha. I'll stick with my premounted Sorex tires for $30. I'll find some RP's when it comes time.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that rumor is true

perhaps the jaco green,they are the handout tire for most large events now
Old 01-28-2008, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, but I'm worried about tire wear on asphalt. They may be handout for carpet. But not sure on asphalt. Last I heard they worn out too quick on asphalt. That's why I suggested Jaco Blue or Jaco Orange. They are firmer compound. What class did you register for at da 'Birds?
Old 01-28-2008, 04:51 AM
Tech Regular

I RECIEVED AN EMAIL SOMEWAHT CONFIRMING THAT TAKEOFF IS NO LONGER PRODUCING TIRES. I ALSO SPENT ALL WEEKEND TRYING TO FIND RP 30'S I CAN ACCOUNT FOR ABOUT 35 SETS. THE MAIN REASON I WANTED A SPEC TIRE WAS TO KEEP COSTS DOWN.

I WAS (WHEN AVAILABLE) ABLE TO GET THE RP30'S FOR ROUGHLY 20.00 A SET, MY PLAN WAS TO BUT 100 SETS AND SELL THEM AT 25.00 A SET THROUGH OUT THE SEASON. CONSIDERING THEY ARE UP AROUND 40.00 ALL OVER THE WEB. I AM GOING TO CALL AROUND ON THE JACO BLUE'S TODAY AND SEE IF I CAN GET A SIMILAR DEAL, THE 40.50 PRICE TAG ACROSS THE BOARD MAKES ME THING NOT.

I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED. ADDRESSES WILL BE POSTED IN THE NEXT WEEK ALONG WITH 2 OR 3 AREA HOTELS.

I WANT TO FINALIZE THE 13.5 / 17.5 AND TIRE ISSUES BEFORE MAKING A FINAL REVISION, OTHER THAN THOSE THINGS EVERYTHING ELSE SEEMS GOOD TO GO.

THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S INPUT.

TIM

Last edited by thabiuk; 01-28-2008 at 06:01 AM. Reason: ADDED INFO
Old 01-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JimmyMac
Do you have track addresses to all these places?

I like the premounted RP30 tire. It's a pretty good tire. I was just concerned about the "rumor" of Takeoff/RP closing down their business. I guess time will tell.

As for SiR and the 17.5 being faster than 13.5.... That might have to deal with track size. Smaller tracks deal with slower motors better. A 13.5 at Durham will have a huge advantage over a 27t when geared to the moon. I never geared my 13.5 to take advange of this. I always kept it slow enough to be even speed on the straights with a fast 27t motor. At Easley I didn't race the stock/13.5 class because I heard some whining about the 13.5 being a lap faster when people switched over. So I raced mod with my 10.5 instead. But this is your series... and I will go by your rules.. Of course I will be racing the Mod Class. So it doesn't matter. As long as they show up to run.

Reggie, I looked at Stormer. They don't have premounted RP30s in stock. Neither does Nexus or SpeedtechRC. I'm back in NC. I will be goin back to college full time in the fall. So I'm here to stay for a long long time! haha.good to see u bck well im semi retired too paying for college kind of held me up but will show up at some races going to miss the birds as well but planing on going to watch this weekend well im on vaction as wel going to get the cars redy for asphalt i just look on stormer hobbies they do hve takeoff 30 in stock

I did see some RP30 premounts up in Virginia this past weekend. But they wanted $43!!! So I won't be buying any from there! haha. I'll stick with my premounted Sorex tires for $30. I'll find some RP's when it comes time.
jimmy go to stormer hobbies pull up take off there in stock for 24.95
Old 01-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
jimmy go to stormer hobbies pull up take off there in stock for 24.95
i guess unglued im also on a little retired mode, going to miss birds this yr lot of thing going on paying for college bills, as well my racing is limited but come around soon im on vaction doing house stuff try get the cyclone redy for asphalt,old trusty pro4 till a new one come out i want a andy moore edition
Old 01-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
i guess unglued im also on a little retired mode, going to miss birds this yr lot of thing going on paying for college bills, as well my racing is limited but come around soon im on vaction doing house stuff try get the cyclone redy for asphalt,old trusty pro4 till a new one come out i want a andy moore edition
I am thinking that not having a tire rule would be better for the first year. One reason is getting an inexpensive option, telling everyone to buy 40+ dollar sets of tires is not keeping the cost down. I am sure everyone can agree on no foams.

I am trying to keep things as inexpensive as possible in order to help everyone to attend as many events as possible.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Last time I checked, Stormer had Jaco premounts for under $30. Jaco's are not hard to come by. So no need to worry about $40+ tires.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

I apologize that is one of the site I did not check. They have them priced at 28.50, that's pretty godd considering, most everyone else is above forty.

For the first year:

Would it be better not to have a tire rule, that way it helps to keep some costs down and allows people to use what they already have. This reduction in costs may allow a few more to travel to some of the other races.

What class set-up should there be, aparently alot more have switch to the 17.5, then in November when I put this out there.

10.5,13.5,17.5---open mod,13.5,17.5---10.5,13.5/17.5---open mod/17.5

Give me an idea, lots of ideas but I do not want to leave anyone out either.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:14 AM
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://nexusracing.net/index.php?cPath=144_188_191

Also has them and the Sorex Pre-mounts.

I have always mounted my own sets and have enough inserts now that all I have to buy is the tires and rims which ends up being way cheaper when you order in quantity from places like PrecisionRC or Rcmart.

Anyway, I suggest just following ROAR's 2008 rules for the classes. Most of the tracks will adopt this anyway.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jt6
http://nexusracing.net/index.php?cPath=144_188_191

Also has them and the Sorex Pre-mounts.

I have always mounted my own sets and have enough inserts now that all I have to buy is the tires and rims which ends up being way cheaper when you order in quantity from places like PrecisionRC or Rcmart.

Anyway, I suggest just following ROAR's 2008 rules for the classes. Most of the tracks will adopt this anyway.
Every track that I spoke to before Christmas wanted to keep things the way they were in 2007 for 2008. After the ROAR meeting, all of those same tracks are wanting to adopt the new rules.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so does this mean stock will be a 27turn motor or 17.5 brushless motor ? instead of 13.5 and if you could post so info on the other tracks like phone # 's and adress so they can be looked up by map quest.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jdm19turn
so does this mean stock will be a 27turn motor or 17.5 brushless motor ? instead of 13.5 and if you could post so info on the other tracks like phone # 's and adress so they can be looked up by map quest.
What was originally posted was the proposal that went to all the tracks. I hope to have everything finalized this weekend and make the final post sometime next week. All of the finalized rules will be in it, along with addresses, phone numbers, and hopefully some hotel information for those who need it.

Again, if anyone has anymore suggestions, please give them to me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.