El Cajon R/C & Slot Car Raceway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

El Cajon R/C & Slot Car Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 05:35 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Yea I have dealt with Steve a bunch. I know he stocks tires and stuff, I normally will order tire combos from either him or KT Hobbies (another Tech advertiser -- www.kthobbies.com -- gotta promote my guys, haha). But in this case I was just looking for a local place where I could go get something and mount it up today.

I went to Hobby Central, nice place. Staff is kinda goofy. haha

Still have yet to see a store with a complete stock of XXX-S parts though. Not here, not Wisconsin, not anywhere. S'ok though, I have most everything I'd ever need.

Now somebody answer MarkA's question about the Temecula track. If it's open I would like to check it out as well.
Old 12-27-2001, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default CARPET TRACK IN TEMECULA

MARK-
Last I heard, the Temecula track won't be open until sometime in January. El Cajon is still racing this Friday. haha. I think it's their last race. I went last week for the hell of it. I took first in stock sedan. I was 2 seconds away from lapping 2nd place a third time. All of the fast guys (including myself) pretty much have stopped going there.
Old 12-27-2001, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal

I went to Hobby Central, nice place. Staff is kinda goofy. haha

If you want real goofy , check out most Hobby People stores...lol.

Johnny - thanks for the update. I didn’t know El Cajon was even still running at all. Not that I care, I still won't pay that jerk's fees.
Old 12-27-2001, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

When I went there last week I walked in the door at 7:55 and signed up. I threw my car on the track and hoped my bumpy asphalt setup would do. I was told that they weren't charging the 2/hr pit fee. Then again, with the people that are still there, it's like paying $10 to run three packs of practice. Too bad.................that would be about 15 minutes of run time which would = about $40/hr. practice time. - of course, don't get me wrong. I'm not putting anyone down. The people there have greatly improved. The bulk of the competition just has stopped showing up.

Last edited by JOHNNY RACER; 12-27-2001 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2001, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

They have just made too many wrong decicions. They would not conform to the standard rule of r/c racing. If you race, then practice is free. Not changing the track layout for months and making it too easy is another problem. I'm sure these are the main reasons for lack of attendance, especially now.
Old 12-28-2001, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by cornerspeed
They have just made too many wrong decicions. They would not conform to the standard rule of r/c racing. If you race, then practice is free. Not changing the track layout for months and making it too easy is another problem. I'm sure these are the main reasons for lack of attendance, especially now.
I thought the track layout was actually pretty appropriate given the amount of space they had to work with. You’re absolutely right about the wrong decisions when it came to the practice fee though. If you look back a page or two in this thread, you’ll see that I had arranged for over 15 racers to make a second trip down from SoCal in November and still, in spite of our roughly doubling a regular turnout, the owner still wanted to fleece us. Needless to say, we didn’t go and it looks like nobody else is really going there anymore as well.

I’ve raced over 50 times in 2001 at five different tracks and I have to say that the night in El Cajon was one of the most fun, laid-back of them all. It’s just a shame that it had to go out like it is.
Old 12-28-2001, 01:49 PM
R/C Tech Founder

After following the "El Cajon saga" on here, I have to agree with what cornerspeed just said: free practice with racing is just something that comes with the territory. I would never go to a track to race that would charge me an additional fee just to run a pack or two before the race.

It's too bad because I had really been looking forward to racing there.
Old 12-28-2001, 02:13 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
Still have yet to see a store with a complete stock of XXX-S parts though. Not here, not Wisconsin, not anywhere. S'ok though, I have most everything I'd ever need.

Now somebody answer MarkA's question about the Temecula track. If it's open I would like to check it out as well.
Cheeseheads need to come down to IL.. lol.. We have a losi box with all the XXX-S spare parts... oh well..
Old 12-28-2001, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Yes and no MarkA, they used to have more technical layouts. I only raced 12th scale there, which is what mostly ran there. On the technical tracks, we were lapping the most like 50 laps. On the current layout, I have 65. Its like a yawner. What happened was one time they changed the lay-out to a another good one, but the track/carpet is grooved in on the previous layout. So as you drive in and out of the groove, the cars are loose then push. As I drove around the track, I could barely get around. It looked and felt like I didn't know how to drive. I guess some other drivers seen this and may have drove on the track, they were discouraged and said the layout was too hard, then left. As the night went on, the track got better and better. The next week, they changed it to a H layout which was had the same effect with the groove. That layout would have been a 5-6 second lap with probably near 70 lap race.

I to had fun racing there, but its all done. Hopefully the Temecula track will be good and ready. I love racing my 12th scale car on carpet. That track though is at least twice the size, so I will probably run my sedan also.
Old 01-02-2002, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Default temecula

does anyone have concrete info on the carpet track? contact#, schedule, location?
Old 01-02-2002, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

this is the place...
http://www.rickysrccar.com/
Old 01-02-2002, 09:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Track Info

Johnny-

Got this off their web site:

Address 27469 Colt Court, Temecula, CA 92590
Phone # 909-296-9968
Old 01-04-2002, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

PARKING LOT FUN SUNDAY 01.06.02
---Thanks again to all that showed on 12.23.01!!---
-The BRIGHT Orange Discs really made a difference!-
-Attendance is gradually growing!-

The address is 1950 cordell ct. el cajon 92020.
I plan to have track set up and ready to go by 11:30. We will start the first heat shortly after 1:00. The track will be set up until 4:00. Track surface is concrete with a light broom texture. A little bumpy in some spots.(not too bad though. 4.5mm ride height does not scrape.) It will be swept and blown.

From 8 east take 67n to bradley exit.
turn left(w)
continue on bradley to cuyamaca.
turn right(n)
at the next light (gillespie way/b.mitchell dr.)
turn left(w)
follow street up and to the right (now going north)
turn left on cordell ct.(w)
go up the hill and to the right to the end of the street.
turn into last driveway.

any questions call John at: 619.249.5942
Old 01-04-2002, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

What has been the attendance?
Old 01-04-2002, 11:21 AM
Tech Adept

last event had 7. 5 cars were on the track for the actual racing. stock sedan. I'm currently looking for an old laptop to put the raceware on so we can score the races.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.