Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
The Dirt - Hemet - So Cal - is back! >

The Dirt - Hemet - So Cal - is back!

The Dirt - Hemet - So Cal - is back!

Old 12-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the compliments guys! It was the first real practice for the new car, and it ran great! I'm real happy with the performance of the new Academy Gv2, hopefully, it will help with bringing back some electric racing. Now there are FOUR contenders in 2wd electric! No more Losi vs Associated only....now there is Kysoho and Academy in the mix.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Track looks cool i'll have to come down and check it it out sometime
Old 12-24-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
Thanks for the compliments guys! It was the first real practice for the new car, and it ran great! I'm real happy with the performance of the new Academy Gv2, hopefully, it will help with bringing back some electric racing. Now there are FOUR contenders in 2wd electric! No more Losi vs Associated only....now there is Kysoho and Academy in the mix.
I got to drive a Kyosho 1/10 a while back, and it was fun. I have nothing to compare it with though of the new breed. First tenth scale i had driven in... ummm... too many years.

It looked like the Hemet track would also suit 1/10th - seeing yours go round i'm thinking of getting an old school RC10 to play with and recreate my teen racing machine to play with at the track... but with a little of the new tech to make it faaast.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rltanner
Track looks cool i'll have to come down and check it it out sometime
rltanner- I see ya run a VTX B1 also! Cool!

Not too many of them on the local tracks around here. Well, not ANY actually, except for mine!

The VTX handles the track awsome. If your ever in the area, check it out!
Old 12-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking RC has come back to Hemet!!

Ya I checked out the Hemet track, and it looks great!!!! And they changed the name from Hemet Race Park to Hemet RC Track!!!
The new owners are great and are racers so they know what people like and don't like. Hours are great and price for practice is great!!!!
Can't wait intil Jan 12 first club race, and a nice lay out from Joey!!!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

what time does the races start for the jan 12th race?

details please..

Thanks
Old 12-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

I believe the track opens at 8 am, and the racing starts at 2pm
Old 12-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, the flyer says open @ 8am practice, race @ 2pm sharp. $10.00 for the first car $5.00 for the second?

Ya cant beat them prices!
Old 12-27-2007, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by IanWright
I came back to California to stay in Hemet, and rolled down to The Dirt which last time i was here was looking a little dilapidated, worn out and open pretty randomly... i arrived just in time to see and meet Joe "The Dirt" himself building a new track, also met the new people working and running the place and it all looks goooooooood - there has been some cleaning up and painting going on...

Racing i believe starts on january 12th and the track is open for practice:

monday, wednesday and friday 5:00 - 8.30 pm and sunday 12:00 - 5:00

My racing partner in crime and myself rolled down on monday to play having successfully not broken our cars at the "Toys for Tots" race at Thunder Alley, and the track is what you would expect from Joe, great jumps and rhythm to a lap. Although there are no silly big jumps the track lets you know if you can jump or need practice - either way you spend time in the air! A little step up on the last corner before the straight is satisfying to get right...

If your in socal and haven't been to the dirt i have a number on the flyer here... the local hobby shop 951-581-4245 for directions and pit stops.

I love being here... tracks all around ranging from tight and tech of thunder alley, big jumping and large rhythm at Revelations and now a fast flowing air-happy track at The Dirt.

I should be posting a couple of pics of the new track under these words shortly...
is the track open now for practice or does it open on the 12th i need somewhere to practice offroad i have been racing onroad for about 3yrs right now i race a corally rdx don
Old 12-28-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

The track is open for practice....$5.00 fee...... Mon., Wed., Fri. from 5pm to 8:30 pm and Sunday from Noon to 5pm.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Only a week away, for the Hemet RC first club race. January 12th.

Tony, January & thier crew, have done a great job down there. The track is lot of fun, and the track is in great shape!

I'm looking forward to this race! I hope there is a good turn out. Practice days have been bringing out some new faces, to the Hemet area. Some of which I have only seen at some of the other tracks in So Cal. It's good to see that the track is drawing a crowd again.

Hope to see some of you all down there, next weekend!
Old 01-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default racing

wow great time today at hemet ,track was good and track crew was great, 25 min a mains ,15 min b mains .Above all the people that were racing today made the day what it was ,good times hanging with jauck , gary ,dyno,baldy,jeff,mike,travis ,mike m and everybody i forgot . well worth the 1hour and 20 min drive if your doing 55 ha .
Old 01-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, what an awsome day of racing! A great crowd showed up, which made for some good racing!

The track crew's HARD work, getting the track ready after the rains, paid off big time! The track is a lot of fun, and makes you pick your spots for passing. I personally had a few issues with my new car, but still had a blast!

Glad to see that racing is back to Hemet!!

A big thanks to the Hemet RC crew for putting on a great race, and having everything available, that racers need.

Looking forward to the next race, in a couple weeks!
Old 01-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yep, that was a really good day. Few little first race glitches but nothing that upset the day by a long shot. Considering how bombed out the track was early in the week after the weekend rain the crew did an awesome job to get the track in great shape. 15 minute mains with 25 minute A mains is the way to go for sure... great fun. Top job and a good turnout... looking forward to the next one!
Old 01-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Wasn't able to make the race because of work Saturday. But, I did go practice there yesturday. Awesome track. Lots of fun.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.