Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here you go Cuda

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/tamiya-live
Old 11-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Tamiya Finals in Japan

So who went to Japan in place of Brandon?

Craig,
What would you consider a Major RACE?
Regional or National or both ?
Old 11-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Thanks Fred! 完全

Last edited by F N CUDA; 11-17-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Maxe,
I only know how to blow hot air, not how to can it...BUT, a racer practicing hard and winning a Regional shouldn't be penalized from participating at the Nationals. There are others we don't see every Saturday who win consistently at GT1 club races, and then enter TCS in GT2 or even GT3 (prior to now,
GT3 wasn't labeled an Intermediate class.) TCS regulars seem to honor the "bump-up" tradition that starts with Spec.
How come no talk about FF03? I vote for 21.5 with NO skill level attached because racing with the advanced expert sportsman champion of the universe and the big O is so much fun!

MD,
I'm almost 70 years old, so this age talk goes right over my thinning hairline too.

Coop,
If you think Mini is an intermediate class , you haven't raced a Mini lately... Brutal!

FMW,
Yeah, when you look at this backwards = more issues
Old 11-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
.... There are others we don't see every Saturday who win consistently at GT1 club races, and then enter TCS in GT2 or even GT3 .....

How come no talk about FF03? I vote for 21.5 with NO skill level attached because racing with the advanced expert sportsman champion of the universe and the big O is so much fun!

i'd like to think that the latest influx of GT1-rated racers running in GT2 was because that was a Trip-Winner.. so of course the 'best' (i use that term loosely ) would flock to it.. well, that was my reasoning. And with all the advance race prep that people do for that "intermediate/sportsman" class its really just a GT1-class with a slower motor, if you really think about it.

FF-class... Oh so much fun... did you notice there was no 'fuss' about motor, power or equipment failures after the SpeedTech Race?

$0.02
Old 11-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman

FF-class... Oh so much fun... did you notice there was no 'fuss' about motor, power or equipment failures after the SpeedTech Race?

$0.02
Always nice to have just enough power, easily available, to balance the scales without a motor/esc/battery of the moment as the deciding factor.
Gotta admit too that wings kept a lot of guys running well and interested in these cars.
More wings more fun, "Six Flags."
Old 11-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Gotta admit too that wings kept a lot of guys running well and interested in these cars.
More wings more fun, "Six Flags."
shopping-cart shootout!!

kept them interested, but didnt keep the carnage down...

"come on guys, dont beat up on the orange car" -FMW
Old 11-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Max,
Brandon didn't go? I like Brandon, very entertaining guy, but how many times can he be allowed to win Mini?

...Keeping the carnage down is a big point in all this. My FF Speedtech race lasted about 50 feet, Half way around the the sweeper "some white car" slammed me from the back, sent me into the boards, and broke the car! It was hard work qualifying #2...No respect at all!!
Old 11-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FMW
Good feedback all.

I'll take all of this into consideration. The main goal is to keep skilled hobbyists away from SPEC and GT-3. We're trying to make it easier for Rookies to stay with the racing hobby with the prospect of being able to advance to the next class, which is GT-3. At the same time, years spent in the racing hobby does not necessarily mean "high skill level". We have plenty of TCS customers/racers that have been doing this for 5 plus years and still manage to crash or not be as consistent as others who have higher skill. These guys deserve to race others of that same skill level for their own glory.

I will be trying the Ranking system another go in 2012. I think I've found a solution and way to make it work for TCS.

When the new TCS site is launched the skill level terms/definitions will be better or more clearly stated. My earlier post was a quick preview. Coops comments are much appreciated.......

My intention is to announce trip classes before the season starts. I have to get through some hurdles first
Personally I don't envy your juggling act of getting new people, keeping intermediates interested, holding on to experts in the series and keeping concerns of economic affordability.

The interesting thing about the series is there are guys who have competed in the first 12 TCS races and are still at it or even the guys who made most of your National races are still at it. Do they seek fame and glory from it, probably not, yet I am sure they are a good resource for you and the series to tap into.

The KISFm principle comes to mind as far as rules go.
Change is not easy on both sides of the coin.

Happy Trails.

Coop
Old 11-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Max,
Brandon didn't go? I like Brandon, very entertaining guy, but how many times can he be allowed to win Mini?

...Keeping the carnage down is a big point in all this. My FF Speedtech race lasted about 50 feet, Half way around the the sweeper "some white car" slammed me from the back, sent me into the boards, and broke the car! It was hard work qualifying #2...No respect at all!!
Craig - the only "love" you got on the start was the kind you get in a Turkish prison. For what it's worth, I was marshaling the sweeper for that race and you were hammered on the start.

Max - FF03 with wings was one ugly start, probably the worst of that day. Bigger wings did nothing to prevent carnage in the qualifiers and mains. Just so no to big wings and keep it scale.

Fred - if you saw any video on the FF03 start, you would see what I have mentioned before about the starting grid at the Tamiya track. Craig was second and the third place car was past him before the start finish line. As close as the grid spots are and with no "dirty line" to worry about like in F1, the #3 spot on the inside to the sweeper easily gets the jump on the #2 spot probably 60% of the time. If Mark Webber was in the #2 spot, that percentage would be even higher. I know I am not the only person who would rather qualify 3rd than 2nd just to get a better starting advantage and that takes away from the person who put that hard work into getting that #2 spot. Single file starts worked good before or maybe wider gaps between each row ? I'm sure Craig would have had a much more fun race rather than a dnf in the sweeper on the start with a change in the grid locations. Just my 5 cents. (Sorry, have to account for inflation).
Old 11-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Why do you think I always start third.....

Oh...forgot...I am not good enough to qualify that high
Old 11-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am a fan 1 lap rolling starts. The last race we had issues on starts so we opted rolling them. You cannot improve position until the start finish line gets passed a 2nd time and pole sets the pace. Can see it as an A-main option.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.