Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Week of living vicariously

OK, all you TTL's (Tamiya Track Locals), dish. Must...know...how...fast...FF's with...540J's...were...(sound of teeth chattering and blowing on hands)
Old 12-25-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Merry Christmas to all in Tamiya land. Hope Santa was good to all of you.
And heres to a great and very competitive 2011 season!!!!!
Old 12-25-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
OK, all you TTL's (Tamiya Track Locals), dish. Must...know...how...fast...FF's with...540J's...were...(sound of teeth chattering and blowing on hands)
Same speed as they were before with the big Johnsons. yawn

Man it got cold here today, must have been below 65 when the wind picked up a little.

Hurry back, rumor has it that if it's dry this week it'll be open again.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Default Oh the weather outside is frightful

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Same speed as they were before with the big Johnsons. yawn

Man it got cold here today, must have been below 65 when the wind picked up a little.
Cuda, you're a cruel man

So, did you re-equip with a 540J in your FF? Anyone else? Also, who ran gear covers and who didn't? I'm thinking this might mean the cars won't overtax the spec tires so much in front, and that thus rotating them will work better too.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Cuda, you're a cruel man

So, did you re-equip with a 540J in your FF? Anyone else? Also, who ran gear covers and who didn't? I'm thinking this might mean the cars won't overtax the spec tires so much in front, and that thus rotating them will work better too.
Yep, silver can is in, cover is on, tires gettin rotated.
Car is good even with the Civic*gag* body on a cold(er), green track.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Cuda, you're a cruel man

Never took the silver can out or the gear cover off. Only change is running the Honda Accord body now.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

M06 in Posession I got it on the 23rd and one question it says rear wheel drive body only in the rules. Can I get a clarification - Eunos? Porche? Honda? Swift Body ??? which ones will I be able to run come Jan TCS Regional? BTW the Miata is re released come Jan as well. Looks like a fun car but probably gonna be tricky with the spec tire but thats half the battle, plus I am not very good at setup anyways.

Hope all had a great Christmas.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Tamiya Racing facility!

Tom,
I here the east cost is socked in with the white stuff. Lots of stranded travelers!
The track was very cold and very green Saturday but it didn't seem to hurt traction including F1's.
Today, the track didn't dry up until late afternoon.
But the good news is the track will be open tomorrow (Monday) so anybody who has the holidays off can come down. I will be there by 10:00 am. Tuesday and Wednesday is still questionable because of weather but I will try to continue to post track openings during the week as long as conditions improve.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default In agony

Originally Posted by maxepower
Tom,
I here the east cost is socked in with the white stuff. Lots of stranded travelers!
The track was very cold and very green Saturday but it didn't seem to hurt traction including F1's.
Today, the track didn't dry up until late afternoon.
But the good news is the track will be open tomorrow (Monday) so anybody who has the holidays off can come down. I will be there by 10:00 am. Tuesday and Wednesday is still questionable because of weather but I will try to continue to post track openings during the week as long as conditions improve.
Max, you're killing me. Actually, though the East Coast is indeed getting b--chslapped with show and wind, where I'm at (along southern edge of L. Erie) is okay right now, only about 3" of snow on ground and roads clear, no heavy snow forecast for next couple days and actual warming trend beginning after I leave Tuesday night. Figures. Thanks for thinking of me.

Kevin, enjoy the Accord body, I am so fond of them. Looking forward to returning with the Peugeot, which seems to suit my setup and style well (if you call hitting every car in front of me a driving style).

Swifty: when Fred brought out the first M06 to the track a few weeks ago, he tried it with one of my Miata (Eunos) bodies. Problem with my beloved Miatas is, with the 60D tires you can't lower the body as much as you'd like, so it ran sort of high in the rear, but Fred was generally happy with how it worked (didn't let me drive the car, he was afraid I'd roll the body).
I think with the rules package Fred's described, your choices for body would be the Honda S800 (yes, Virginia, that car was in fact rear-drive--one of the few Hondas we can say that about), the Miata/Eunos, the Alpine A310, and the Alfa Romeo GTV. The old Fiat Abarth probably won't fit--with the motor out the rear, we figured out anything without lots of rear body clearance is no good, so we didn't try a Suzuki Swift for fun either. Also Fred noted that since the car comes with kit fronts and M-Grip rears, Tamiya seems to be commenting that spec tires all the way round will require some dial-in.

Anybody brought out a personal M06 to the track and dialed-in yet?
Old 12-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone found a replacement for the Muchmore pink (original) sedan insert???
Old 12-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyuss
Has anyone found a replacement for the Muchmore pink (original) sedan insert???
These Sweep inserts are the same thing.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is there any objective, measurable performance difference between the variousmotor/ESC combinations that are legal for GT1 this year?

Any hot fanboy preferences?

Not committing, just thinkin'
Old 12-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Doc,

What I have heard is the X-12 followed by the Ballistic are the motors to have.

Just something I heard.

On another note, I beleive that the March 13th TCS at The Track at Harbor Hobbies is a 2 day event so the schedule should be 12th -13th. Friday will be a practice day.

I am sure this may change some travel plans for some. Hope to see the regulars that use to race at Trackside's TCS at The Track. It is a great facility and you will not be dissappointed.

Originally Posted by rccardr
Is there any objective, measurable performance difference between the variousmotor/ESC combinations that are legal for GT1 this year?

Old 12-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rccardr

RED DOT MAYBE GETTING INTO THE BL MOTORS?
(Only 1 ? this time, I have been going to therapy)
Part of the new Obama Insurance plan.
SH
Old 12-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I just read up on the TCS rules for FWD. I would like to add different Tamiya side mirrors and the intercooler to the chassis(meaning I would have to cut the front lower grill out). The rules don't mention if it's allowed or not. Does that mean it's not legal? I would like the car to look more scale. I plan on running the TCS race in March.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.