Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 12-20-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Default That humming ain't from Santa's workshop

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Mr. Hinkley, Bruce and I very well understand "Swifty" statement????
It will be the key to having a competitive motor that will be within the Rules??
"The Dynos are a Huming" I am sure FMW will have Track Officials positioned around the track looking for people who are lifting the Throttle early to protect there motor from scrutinizing????
It will be an interesting year of racing?
Is everybody aware that all venues will have to adopt the "New Silver Can Rules" for 2011??? (Will Memphis Comply with the 2011 Motor Rules????)
SH
Hey Steve, we ought to figure out a way to use our dynos/motor testers to actually generate power. That way, as we all test furiously, we could be doing like Hendrick Motorsports and Roush-Fenway, and sell the electricity we could generate back to the electric companies.
And yeah, it's gonna be an interesting year of racing.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

There's just gonna be a list of names that will go thru tech each round.

No surprises in Tamiya land anymore.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool New brushed silver can motors!

You know I wondered what the markings on the brushes stand for. These motors were the spec motor in the finals. I still have mine but it sure isn't turning 19,000 rpms yet. I've been running it for a while but I guess it's still not broken in. Right now it's only 17,000 rpm's. Still well within the legal limit. I too have not broken it in except for running it in the mini. We shall see!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Tamiya Racing facility!

I forgot to mention that due to the rain the track has been closed but I would like to open it Friday and Saturday, depending on when the break in the rain on those two day hold up! It's suppose to start raining again Saturday night
I too have some Santa gifts I'd like to try this coming weekend.
So, if the weather holds up Friday, I would like to have the track open, and if the weather is still sunny for Saturday then I think we can open it up that day also.
Opening time at the track will depend on who can show up the earliest! I'll get with Kevin and see if he can let the word out to see who will be available for both days!
Happy Holidays to everyone !
Hopefully, see you at the track this weekend!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
You know I wondered what the markings on the brushes stand for. These motors were the spec motor in the finals. I still have mine but it sure isn't turning 19,000 rpms yet. I've been running it for a while but I guess it's still not broken in. Right now it's only 17,000 rpm's. Still well within the legal limit. I too have not broken it in except for running it in the mini. We shall see!
Max, you're right!

I have my motor from the Finals too. Only has 7 runs on it, all from the Finals.
4 Qualifiers and 3 A mains.
Wasn't a bad motor but it sure wasn't an attention getter either. Yeh, played with the gearing and found the sweet spot for it and it was aiiight for the show.
All was fair cuz I didn't get smoked by anyone elses horsepower, equal is good.

Guess I gotta see if it is broken in yet and give it a cleaning and see if it'll turn that 19,000 redline.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:53 PM
Tech Regular

Max,
Sound like you got our weather??????
RAINY
Old 12-20-2010, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

That's not it Max. You haven't cleaned or oiled since you got it and it's getting ready to seize up on ya.

Had my theories on the CS on the brushes, but carbon/silver was not amoung the choices. My nationals motor was at 17,490 and only has 4 or fewer races on it. It was not one of the stronger motors out there either. This 17.5k rule is a tough one.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:43 AM
Tech Master

Cool weather the silver can storm!

Originally Posted by Granpa
That's not it Max. You haven't cleaned or oiled since you got it and it's getting ready to seize up on ya.

Had my theories on the CS on the brushes, but carbon/silver was not amoung the choices. My nationals motor was at 17,490 and only has 4 or fewer races on it. It was not one of the stronger motors out there either. This 17.5k rule is a tough one.
Grandpa,
I'm afraid if I clean and oil the motor it will go above the legal limit. So, I'll just leave it dirty and dry!
S.S,
It's been raining here since last week and ruined the weekend for us! The pinapple express is going straight thru So. Cal. and dumping on all our fun time at the track so hopefully there will a a small break for us on Christmas.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I'd love to test out my new ride this Friday. Hopefully I can have some time from all this holiday madness ad get into the TCS groove. Jan 16 is just around the corner. BTW, anyone wants a gt2 roller, got one ready to sell. Let me know!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I forgot to mention that due to the rain the track has been closed but I would like to open it Friday and Saturday, depending on when the break in the rain on those two day hold up! It's suppose to start raining again Saturday night
I too have some Santa gifts I'd like to try this coming weekend.
So, if the weather holds up Friday, I would like to have the track open, and if the weather is still sunny for Saturday then I think we can open it up that day also.
Opening time at the track will depend on who can show up the earliest! I'll get with Kevin and see if he can let the word out to see who will be available for both days!
Happy Holidays to everyone !
Hopefully, see you at the track this weekend!

If you open, I will be there. Thank you. Keep us posted.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Will the Tamiya track be open this Sunday?
Old 12-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Grandpa,
I'm afraid if I clean and oil the motor it will go above the legal limit. So, I'll just leave it dirty and dry!
S.S,
It's been raining here since last week and ruined the weekend for us! The pinapple express is going straight thru So. Cal. and dumping on all our fun time at the track so hopefully there will a a small break for us on Christmas.
Max, I owe you an apology. That 17,490 motor was from the 2009 nats. I found the 2010 nats motor with the CS on the brushes. I know it had less than 4 runs on it, but it was only able to tach at 15,900. I don't know if this particular motor is capable of exceeding 17.5k either. Which raises another point, but we won't go into it here.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Default 17,500 @ 7.2

Guys, I spent this rainy afternoon with the handout SC motor from last summer's Mini finals. It's the only "SC" brushed motor I have. Like Cuda's, it should have had 7 runs on it. First check, 16,400. More than a little water-dipping later, it "zoomed" up to 16,800. Brushes still do not look very broken-in. A long way to 17,500, but does seem possible. 19,000 does NOT seem probable.
More significantly, I checked my whole inventory (of 6) broken-in ex-handout motors from TCS races past, no voo-doo magnet stuff, just broken-in white-dot and red-dot. NOT ONE is legal now! Ranged from 18,000 to 18,750 @ 7.2. What the hey? Grandpa, help!
Otherwise, FMW, the new rules are perfect!!
Oh, Mr. Cuda, would it be possible to include me, Max & Kevin on that "tech list"
of yours?
Stay dry!
Old 12-22-2010, 01:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just checked my 2010 nats motor and it its at 16,800 then I accidently dropped it when I pulled it out of the car and now its at 17,499 with 3 times the torque. must be the damn carpet in my house.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Guys, I spent this rainy afternoon with the handout SC motor from last summer's Mini finals. It's the only "SC" brushed motor I have. Like Cuda's, it should have had 7 runs on it. First check, 16,400. More than a little water-dipping later, it "zoomed" up to 16,800. Brushes still do not look very broken-in. A long way to 17,500, but does seem possible. 19,000 does NOT seem probable.
More significantly, I checked my whole inventory (of 6) broken-in ex-handout motors from TCS races past, no voo-doo magnet stuff, just broken-in white-dot and red-dot. NOT ONE is legal now! Ranged from 18,000 to 18,750 @ 7.2. What the hey? Grandpa, help!
Otherwise, FMW, the new rules are perfect!!
Oh, Mr. Cuda, would it be possible to include me, Max & Kevin on that "tech list"
of yours?
Stay dry!
I believe we are missing a crucial fact here? it really DOES NOT MATTER WHAT ARE DYNO NUMBERS REALLY ARE! IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT YOUR MOTORS NUMBERS ARE ON FMW TESTER????
As you all well know all these testers are not calibrated equally or the same?
I have seen variances from 500 rpm to 1200 rpm on some these different motor testers???
So really 15k to 19k it really does not matter?? FMW tester will be the final determination if you are DQ'd or not, believe me I know!!!
Just something to consider???
SH

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.