Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln...rules%20V4.pdf

WiII get you there directIy
Old 12-15-2010, 04:33 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I regret to say this, but the motor and ESC rules have been finalized.
I know some of you will rejoice, while some of you will wish me ill will
There are some of you who seem to believe that certain racers have influence on me Not so. Nobody has deep enough pockets to bribe me. Well, maybe one or two of you. Anyway, I make decisions based on market research, my own testing, current conditions and ultimatley what Tamiya feels is best for the consumer during this economic climate. The motor and ESC rules that we will use for 2011 is the best balance I could live with and hopefully it's a good comprimise that's fair to racers while making the learning curve for newcomers to the series less steep.
Read and understand the rules carefully before you make posts.

Oh! Make sure to read the site. The regional motor and motor/esc rules will be exactly the same for the TCS finals. No surprises come Finals! Well, maybe one or two, but that's more product related You all know what you're getting into You will also have to race the class you qualify in. No switching classes come finals.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

AHA!! The Avante is not legal for 4wd!!! There's NO WAY I'm racing this year

LOL
Old 12-15-2010, 04:56 PM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Hey! That was my very first R/C car. Had I not bought that thing I wouldn't be in this crazy business
Old 12-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by FMW
There are some of you who seem to believe that certain racers have influence on me Not so. Nobody has deep enough pockets to bribe me. Well, maybe one or two of you. Anyway, I make decisions based on market research, my own testing, current conditions and ultimatley what Tamiya feels is best for the consumer during this economic climate. The motor and ESC rules that we will use for 2011 is the best balance I could live with and hopefully it's a good comprimise that's fair to racers while making the learning curve for newcomers to the series less steep.

Oh! Make sure to read the site. The regional motor and motor/esc rules will be exactly the same for the TCS finals. No surprises come Finals! Well, maybe one or two, but that's more product related You all know what you're getting into You will also have to race the class you qualify in. No switching classes come finals.
Hi FMW, I plan to run TCS either GT1 or GT2 classes. I have the Speed Passion Cirtix Stock Club Spec ESC but I also have the Speed Passion Ultra Sportsman V2.0 17.5R (no timing adjustment) that came as a combo. There are several of us have that Cirtix combination and would you consider adding that motor to the list?

Thank you very much!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

silver can GT2.. interesting.. should be good close racing there
Old 12-15-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Now I'm pissed because I want to race pretty much every class!

How many can I race?

Mini of course...FF03 silver can sounds good with the fixed gearing...I have everything needed to run GT1 and 17.5/no boost is a great speed....

decisions, decisions!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eComet
Hi FMW, I plan to run TCS either GT1 or GT2 classes. I have the Speed Passion Cirtix Stock Club Spec ESC but I also have the Speed Passion Ultra Sportsman V2.0 17.5R (no timing adjustment) that came as a combo. There are several of us have that Cirtix combination and would you consider adding that motor to the list?

Thank you very much!
I second that!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Hey! That was my very first R/C car. Had I not bought that thing I wouldn't be in this crazy business
Its coming back again, plan to get that thing, hopefully not too expensive!
Old 12-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Fred,

Great Job on the rules.

Now my issue is which 2 classes do I run.

Time to get ready to race. No reason not to have some nice turnouts this year at all the venues.

Thanks again Fred.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation Place your order in for $40 silver can now!

Not silvercan again? Fred, you just made all the the motor tweekers very,very happy! Why didn't he implement hand-out motors or something. Not good!

I know Fred had to make a decision fast but it's not what I expected at all?
Old 12-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Rules look good..

Thank you.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs

well done fred.now what class to run.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

HOT DOG!!!!!!
FF03 and Mini!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FMW
There are some of you who seem to believe that certain racers have influence on me Not so. Nobody has deep enough pockets to bribe me. Well, maybe one or two of you. Anyway, I make decisions based on market research, my own testing, current conditions and ultimately what Tamiya feels is best for the consumer during this economic climate. The motor and ESC rules that we will use for 2011 is the best balance I could live with and hopefully it's a good compromise that's fair to racers while making the learning curve for newcomers to the series less steep.

Fred,
Great job on the rules! I agree "Silver Cans" takes the ESC and the Boost issue and the availability issue out of the equation. I know we will have some real close racing in all "Silver Can" classes. You still gave the "Die Hard Horsepower people that opportunity to destroy there cars??? in GT1. The RPM Rules are very interesting to say the least?? I am sure Granpa, Mr. Hinkley and Doc "Red Dot" Mertes will be burning the "Midnight Oil" trying to squeeze the (Correct amount of usable HP and RPM) and still be within the Motor Guidelines?? I CAN HEAR THE DYNO'S HUMMING RIGHT NOW!!!!
All Kidding aside, I believe this will be a very close season of racing especially in the "Silver Can" classes!!!
(I SEE FREDERICK,MD GOT ANOTHER TCS RACE IN JULY??) GREAT CHOICE!
I WILL BE THERE THIS WEEKEND FOR THE TRF RACE.

THANK YOU, FRED!
SH

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.