Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree829Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 11-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robk
How did the rest of the guys do?
Danny did not make the main in f-1. Lacked motor.Mike made the main and was running as high as third until he picked up some fuzz on his rear tires and fell back through the field. If that had not happened to him I think he could have definetly finished third.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kyuss
Quick question: Does the carpet tire rule exception for sedans also apply to minis? Do we have to run S Grips there too?
I am not sure, I think you have to run S-Grip, but any insert, atleast for this year, rules from 09 to '10 changed almost 100%, so who knows what it will be next year, we have a great carpet setup now for the winners of the next years trip!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maxepower
GEEZ, how old is the first place winner. He looks like 10 years or something?
Christian,
I noticed your not holding the Lambo body, did you end up switching to the NSX? The NSX is my favorite on carpet or asphalt!
You and your dad deserve all the credit, getting to this point you can't substitute lots of practice, set-up and just sheer driving skill that put you and your dad (yes your dad) both of you did the hard work preparing for the race and this is the payoff!
Man when I grow up I want to learn to drive just like you!
Both of you need to come to the track this weekend and bring your trophy with you. I would like to take pictures and get your autograph.
Enjoy the rest of your trip in Japan!
Talk to both of you soon!

P.S. We will be opening the track Friday and Saturday, weather permitting!
FYI
I will be there max, probably gonna run some touring car or something
Old 11-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by 2CARTEAM
Danny did not make the main in f-1. Lacked motor.Mike made the main and was running as high as third until he picked up some fuzz on his rear tires and fell back through the field. If that had not happened to him I think he could have definetly finished third.
Alex,
Great job dude, welcome back.
P.S. Hows the jet lag? If any!
The week just flew by didn't it? Get it flew by.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

So Tamiya Aliso will be open on Friday? Do you guys need help with prepping it or anything?
Old 11-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

Default Christian's the man!

Hi Everybody,
This forum has been great fun for me to visit every few days and read all the contributor's 2 cents worth, but this is my first actual posting (Virgin Poster). All us "Tamiya regulars" have known Christian since he was a little kid playing in the mud on the dirt track behind the driver's stand. Now I just had to chime in to tell Christian how proud we all are of him, not just his R/C accomplishments, but his humble and helpful attitude. Alex, you have raised a terrific young man!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and I can't wait to hear all the "war stories" next weekend at Tamiya.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maxepower
Alex,
Great job dude, welcome back.
P.S. Hows the jet lag? If any!
The week just flew by didn't it? Get it flew by.
Thanks Max. That was one of the fastest weeks Actually the jet lag is not bad at all. I went to sleep at 12:30 last night and woke up at 6:30 this morning. Will most likely bring the hardware this weekend. Thanks for all the good vibes. See you saturday
Old 11-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Hi Everybody,
This forum has been great fun for me to visit every few days and read all the contributor's 2 cents worth, but this is my first actual posting (Virgin Poster). All us "Tamiya regulars" have known Christian since he was a little kid playing in the mud on the dirt track behind the driver's stand. Now I just had to chime in to tell Christian how proud we all are of him, not just his R/C accomplishments, but his humble and helpful attitude. Alex, you have raised a terrific young man!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and I can't wait to hear all the "war stories" next weekend at Tamiya.
Craig glad to see you enjoying the thread. Thanks for the compliments love & good vibes . I cant tell you how much it means to me. Jr drove a great race and win or lose he will always be the apple of my eye. I'm very blessed to have him as my son. I hope to see you and the rest of the gang and tell you how great an adventure we had. All I can say is just keep truckin guys cause the whole experience is well worth it.Happy thanksgiving to you and to all the TTL LOcals
Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Tron
So Tamiya Aliso will be open on Friday? Do you guys need help with prepping it or anything?
Tron,
You got P.M.
Yes,
We will be open on Friday at 10:00am. We will also be open Saturday FYI!
Later
Max
Old 11-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey Homies!

Lookin for a base gearing setup for a TA05 with a silvercan, 64 pitch.

My daughter's boyfriend (Max, some of you have met him) is starting with a fresh spur and pinions and wants to know where to start.

Thanks, and of course I PMd Gordo cuz we want to know what the Champ thinks!
Old 11-25-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tron
Brett,
I will be at Tamiya on 12/4/2010, maybe see you there?
Bruce will be there Friday and Saturday with Mr. Hinkley.
I will be running my TB03 with a 17.5 GT2

Happy Thanksgiving

Steve
Old 11-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default Lots of props

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Brett,
I will be at Tamiya on 12/4/2010, maybe see you there?
Bruce will be there Friday and Saturday with Mr. Hinkley.
I will be running my TB03 with a 17.5 GT2

Happy Thanksgiving

Steve
Steve, tell the good Doctor I'll be there Fri. and Sat. with a new FF body to test and a new one for the GT2 car as well, as I try to prepare for the new regs. Hope maybe this time I can be his huckleberry.

Christian, just my two cents, glad you and dad are back safe, and my heartiest congrats. I think we all know the kid who beat you was just Honda's latest robot project. Man their Asimo's are getting good. I'm thrilled at how you did, and wish you could go back again--after you get some experience.

I'll admit I'd like to see a few more kudos for Danny and Mike. I'm proud of them too, and think they showed off their class and skill very well.

Craig H: Christian can advise on how he geared for the Nats, but don't know if you want to try that unless your teammate has some serious experience. You could try to gear him at 4.2 or so, with a 50 pinion and a 100 spur, depending on the car's final drive ratio. I used to really like 49 and 100--until Christian came along...
Old 11-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks Mr. Slick!
That's why the song goes like this..."he's the best of all good guys, Tom Slick..."

I needed the ballpark spur numbers and pinion numbers to get started with cuz we haven't a clue what the FDR of this car is.
Pulleys etc...?
V1 or V2?

Just want to put a 64p spur in it and start throwing pinions at it, so a starting point is great.

So what are you FF03 guys running for motors tomorrow? 21.5 or 17.5 (cuz I don't have a 17.5)?
Old 11-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Cuda,

I PM'd you a TA-05 gear chart for 32 tooth diff pulleys and 18 tooth center pulleys.

Happy Holidays.........

Last edited by 414MPH; 11-26-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Christian great finish,nice to see you make it after all the years seeing you and you Dad at Tamiya. It's always fun to pop in and see old friends, faces and screen names... Lol

Alex nice to see all your support through the years. Hope you guys had fun.

How come Brandon wasn't there?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.