Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 10-31-2010, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

As Granpa noted, a "we'll look into it" and a "we do listen" were both mentioned yesterday and as you should already know, these rules get revisited and sometimes revised.
It happened before the Nats and Regionals so nothing seems to be set in stone.
The Powers That Be do want the racing to fair and reasonable and of course they want it to be Tamiya racing.

I would suggest that everyone keep inputting postitve, reasonable responses to the rules.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I would suggest that everyone keep inputting postitve, reasonable responses to the rules.
. . . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _ . . .
Old 10-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
My fault entirely, but I think you missed the point of my post. I was mainly trying to address the point that the Aliso "crowd" was somehow being catered to with the rules changes. Not true and that we have as many challenges to adapt to the new rules as those in the "rest of the USA". Also was trying to point out that I was gratified that Tamiya lets us use their facility and puts on the TCS Series.

I was in no way "whining" or complaining about the new rules. If you gleaned that from my post, my apologies cause that was not my intention at all. Now as far as GT3 is concerned, some of the Aliso crowd lament it's passing, as do some in the rest of the country. That also holds true for the F103 as well. I do understand why it happened, but that doesn't mean that some equipment doesn't get shelved for whatever reason. The local "yokels" run to the same rules as every one else.

Hopefully, this will clear up any misunderstandings between us.
Never took it as whining.
The thing that gets me on all of this is that they are giving everyone plenty of advance notice that these are the rules. Seemingly the rules will be in effect for the next 2-3 years. Sorry if you have to buy new stuff, but you will not have to do so again for almost 4 years maybe longer, so I can't understand why there is all this debate going on about the rules. ANd to clarify Granpa, the above was not aimed at you, I was generalizing.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:48 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

BP SHADOW - What makes you think these rules will be in effect for 2-3 yearsa or more?
Old 10-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Fred/Tamiya.... I think that with the response regarding the mini premount tires that you should really look into offering the type B tire premounted as well. I mentioned it to you at Nats and obviously 90% of guys who run mini will agree. The rims are already made and the only thing that would change would be the price by a few bucks a set. This year at nats is the ONLY time I have run the same 4 tires on my mini. Other tracks and there means of prep and the type of traction/spray compound they use vary and therefor so should the choice of tire. OK just my opinion.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Fred/Tamiya.... I think that with the response regarding the mini premount tires that you should really look into offering the type B tire premounted as well. I mentioned it to you at Nats and obviously 90% of guys who run mini will agree. The rims are already made and the only thing that would change would be the price by a few bucks a set. This year at nats is the ONLY time I have run the same 4 tires on my mini. Other tracks and there means of prep and the type of traction/spray compound they use vary and therefor so should the choice of tire. OK just my opinion.
+1 on tires
Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MD
Whatever the source, reason or logic some of the rule changes will have a negative effect on some TCS veterans and new drivers considering participating. But, it's obviously Tamiya's choice.
How does the old saying go ? Be careful what you ask for ?

Let's see, boosted esc's and 17.5 are too fast, must slow cars down. Brand A's esc is faster than mine, not fair !

He has an advantage because he has the "special tire inserts".

Need to make things "more spec" to even the playing field.

So what do we have now ?

People whining about the price of spec tires from Tamiya.
People whining about the cost of new brushless sytem from Tamiya.
People debating if an 18T in FF03 is too fast and they are racing Tamiya FF03's here in HK with 13.5 and boosted escs.

Tamiya listened and gave the drivers what they wanted. Now the drivers don't want it ?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR

Tamiya listened and gave the drivers what they wanted. Now the drivers don't want it ?
FWD rules are perfect.. leave them alone!!! Thank you TAMIYA!!!

gonna practice with non-boosted 17.5 till i get my hands on the Tamiya system...

Old 11-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Let's see, boosted esc's and 17.5 are too fast, must slow cars down. Brand A's esc is faster than mine, not fair !

So what do we have now ?

People debating if an 18T in FF03 is too fast and they are racing Tamiya FF03's here in HK with 13.5 and boosted escs.

WHERE IS " I'M A WHINER" WHEN YOU NEED HIM ???
Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

YOU RANG
well first things first i have to agree with Kevin CBR and that pains me so
i know the people here can read but what i don't understand is why they can't take the time to read the rules before they POST A RESPONSE TO THE RULES
Old 11-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So what do we have now ?

The more spec the better, even if it costs a bit more it is worth it. IMHO, 1 - brand brushless, 1 - premounted spec tire and leave the rules for body, chassis and hop-ups alone for the two year period.

after two years all is good, then leave it alone again.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
FWD rules are perfect.. leave them alone!!! Thank you TAMIYA!!!

gonna practice with non-boosted 17.5 till i get my hands on the Tamiya system...

Non-boosted 17.5 geared to go slow was still a little faster than a 21.5. Easy, managable speed. Temps were 115-120F after 20+ minute runs However, if the 17.5 were to be geared with a racier gear ratio, then all bets are off and it's going to be significantly faster.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rtypec
Non-boosted 17.5 geared to go slow was still a little faster than a 21.5. Easy, managable speed. Temps were 115-120F after 20+ minute runs However, if the 17.5 were to be geared with a racier gear ratio, then all bets are off and it's going to be significantly faster.
Want to run boosted 17.5 in em when I get back ? If they can run boosted 13.5 in the FF03's over here, that means the drive train can take it. Only question is can the drivers take it ?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tsquare
The more spec the better, even if it costs a bit more it is worth it. IMHO, 1 - brand brushless, 1 - premounted spec tire and leave the rules for body, chassis and hop-ups alone for the two year period.

after two years all is good, then leave it alone again.
Costs "a bit more" ? Looks like it is going to more than a "bit". So when everyone goes "spec", what will be the next reason / excuse people will use for getting beat ? It's not fair that he practices more..... he is spending more....he runs new tires every run ? Sadly, you hardly hear people at the track anymore say they got beat because "he outdrove me" or "he can set-up a car better than me".
Old 11-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
BP SHADOW - What makes you think these rules will be in effect for 2-3 yearsa or more?
Well if I am not mistaken, Fred said that they were locked for 2 years with an option on a 3rd( motors and speedos). If they do go 3 years, then you would not have to buy anything till the 4th season. With how long the old chassis were allowed to run, I would guess that the stuff that is new today will still be legal 3-4 years from now, just applying current thinking to the equation

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.