Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 10-25-2010, 09:10 PM
Tech Initiate

I have a Jun TA-03 too, not planning on racing it though.

I'm looking for a newer TC and looking really hard at a TRF 416x or a 417
Old 10-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FoxRob
I have a Jun TA-03 too, not planning on racing it though.

I'm looking for a newer TC and looking really hard at a TRF 416x or a 417
I gave up on all the really high dollar chassis. I would take a look at the TA05 V2R and the TB03R, both are plenty competitive
Old 10-26-2010, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Three
But they they are "out of stock".
When will they be restocked? Not a bad price, had a feeling that they were going to cost more.
Sorry, Three. They literally sold out over the weekend after I posted that!

Stay tuned for the premounted B3 pre-order...
Old 10-26-2010, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I gave up on all the really high dollar chassis. I would take a look at the TA05 V2R and the TB03R, both are plenty competitive
Hello Bad Bad!
I won the last fun Race @ Tamiya on 10/9/2010 with a TB03R with a Hinkley House of Horsepower Silver Can in the GT3 class it was the maiden race for that car with a Silver Can since the future rule change for 2011. But I really like the TB03R I used the Porsche Carrerra GT Body and it was dialed!
I turned numerous 16.4 sec laps going in the reverse direction !! I know this car will be very competitive in GT2 next year with the Brushless 16T Tamiya Motor. If I were you, I would go with the TB03R and get out to Aliso Viejo and run pack after pack after pack!!!!!
Steve
Old 10-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the insight guys. I'm also thinking of just getting a M06 Pro and a F104 and just buy a new TC6 for club racing I cannot help it I still have my original RC10 and RC12L I bought back in 1986.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Hello Bad Bad!
I won the last fun Race @ Tamiya on 10/9/2010 with a TB03R with a Hinkley House of Horsepower Silver Can in the GT3 class it was the maiden race for that car with a Silver Can since the future rule change for 2011. But I really like the TB03R I used the Porsche Carrerra GT Body and it was dialed!
I turned numerous 16.4 sec laps going in the reverse direction !! I know this car will be very competitive in GT2 next year with the Brushless 16T Tamiya Motor. If I were you, I would go with the TB03R and get out to Aliso Viejo and run pack after pack after pack!!!!!
Steve
Yeah I bought Lee's TB03 from Don back in January and I ran it outdoors in stock all summer, I really like the car, and I got a good deal on a TA05 V2, so I ran that a couple of times, and with no real development, I was within a 1/2 second of the TB03 right out of the box.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Old 10-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs

here ya go.

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...d=362&id=10402
Old 10-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
It sucks having to retire cars when they still have some life in them, but once the parts dry up, its hard to justify putting a car on the track that could get broken once and for all. I have toyed with the idea of doing something with the vintage cars, though some of them will never turn a wheel, like the Dave Jun TA03 that I am working on restoring.
Yes,
It's very disappointing having to retire a car due to rules as well.
My Mini & 20 plus pairs of tires are all just history now.

I tip my hat to Tamiya for the last 15 years of Mini racing & by far this has been the most fun for me.

Do also believe that Mini may have been the most popular class last year but I do have some reservations about the new tire spec rule.

I suspect that there is going to be a lot of very frustrated drivers due to the traction roll of the spec tires.

The past 15 years I can't ever remember me having the same tire & insert in my Mini (front & rear). The tires have always played a huge role in the handling.

Many drivers may find this very challenging or mission impossible.

This will shrink the class dramatically in the coming year.

Really think that the M grips would of be better to use or even add as a second option pre mounted.

We will see.........
Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chef88
Yes,
It's very disappointing having to retire a car due to rules as well.
My Mini & 20 plus pairs of tires are all just history now.

I tip my hat to Tamiya for the last 15 years of Mini racing & by far this has been the most fun for me.

Do also believe that Mini may have been the most popular class last year but I do have some reservations about the new tire spec rule.

I suspect that there is going to be a lot of very frustrated drivers due to the traction roll of the spec tires.

The past 15 years I can't ever remember me having the same tire & insert in my Mini (front & rear). The tires have always played a huge role in the handling.

Many drivers may find this very challenging or mission impossible.

This will shrink the class dramatically in the coming year.

Really think that the M grips would of be better to use or even add as a second option pre mounted.

We will see.........
The spec tire in Mini is like having the hamdout motors or rpm limits. One takes out the "magic" motors and the other the boxes of tires with exotic combinations of inserts. Like you said you have 20 pairs of tires and some guys would have twice that. Levels the playing field.

It would be nice to have a second option available for the HI-Grip tracks tho. Most of the guys around here only use the spec tire and are running as fast or faster than they ever did. I really like showing up at the track with the car and an extra set of tires and running all day. No more motor box or tire box. Life is good. Give it a chance before you condemn it.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Well I hope that you are right & that I am wrong.
My home track has a lot or even TONS of traction.(The Coliseum)
The traction roll issues will be much higher there trust me.

Last edited by chef88; 10-29-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chef88
Well I hope that you are right & that I am wrong.
My home track has a lot or even TONS of traction.(The Coliseum)
The traction roll issues will be much higher there trust me.
Not a question as to who is right or who is wrong. The guys around here (Tamiya at Aliso Viejo) just adapted and made the cars work. I understand where you are coming from cause West Coast Raceway is a super hi-grip track and traction rolling etc is a problem and eventually caused the Minis to stop racing there. For your track, you might ask for a carpet track exemption on the tires.

The motor rules are way too loosely written and I can see several huge loop holes in the rules. Very frustrating.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yeah, well...there you have it. An opportunity wasted, if you ask me.

Seems like pretty much every rule change is being dictated by what works best at Aliso and what the general opinion is at Aliso.

The rest of the USA? Not so much.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccardr
Yeah, well...there you have it. An opportunity wasted, if you ask me.

Seems like pretty much every rule change is being dictated by what works best at Aliso and what the general opinion is at Aliso.

You are so wrong Doc. The powers that be (TPTB) don't listen to anyone, except a select few. The crowd at Aliso may learn about "stuff" earlier so they react quicker, but we are as out in the cold as anyone else. Where some of this stuff TPTB come up with are as much a frustration and mystery to us as it is to you.

We have as many GT3 cars on the shelf or F103s gathering dust as everyone else. Most of us here are just happy that Tamiya lets us run at this fine facility and puts on the TCS series. But, then again, it could just be me.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccardr
There's a "rest of the USA"?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.