Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? Body Posts..

Anyone have a new set of FF03 body posts they can part with??
Old 09-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yes!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

talk about timing.. lol nice.

i could still use a set tomorrow if some at the Tamiya track has a set handy.. i hope to be practicing tomorrow..
Old 09-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Which Tamiya shocks will work for the Atomic VMll?
Old 09-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Acting Bad
Which Tamiya shocks will work for the Atomic VMll?
The newer Tamiya aluminum shocks (TC or mini) will work. I ran the Tamiya Aluminum TC shocks with the Atomic springs on mine to get the ride height down to 5mm on my VM II.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hot news from the Tamiya stand

Found a link to some photos of possible upcoming Tamiya bodies. If you ask me, this whole "no wings for front-drive cars" and "cowl has to be tall enough to clear the FF motor plate" is getting a little out of hand.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-tamerrari.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-tamlambo.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-tamorsche.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-tamvette.jpg  
Old 09-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

You can park those 3 to a stall.

I'm down with the Ferrari and the 44" rims, yeeeeeah booooey!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Would be a cool rule for this class and definitely set it apart from the rest.
+1
If I were doing the rules, it would go something like this
GT1- Open body dish wheels
GT2- Current chassis rules, Ferrari 360 or 430, Lamborghini Gallardo, Porsche 911, or Corvette. 24mm spoked wheels. Make it a true GT2 class
GT3- FF03 chassis FWD bodies only , 26mm tires
But thats just me and i'm a freak
Old 09-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

In Doc's Perfect World:

GT1 would be "open" 17.5. Any motor, any battery, any ESC with any software, any chassis- plate or tub- and bodies that represent superfast cars. Allow the 'special' Subie too. That's the way most clubs run their weekly events. Tamiya would sell a lot more 416's (or whatever their top level platform is) because people would run them regularly at club events. No more complaining about having to buy a 'special' car, motor or ESC for one or two events. 13.5 just ain't that relevant any longer because "open" 17.5's are so fast.

GT2 would be 'spec' 17.5. Any motor, any battery, any tub chassis, timing permitted but no ESC boost/turbo software allowed. This gives the tub guys a class that's faster than silver can but not as crazy fast as open 17.5. Lots of tracks around the country are heading in this direction and it seems to be working. Speed is somewhat faster than the old 27 turn stock but slower than the old 19 turn brushed motors. Again, Tamiya will sell more TA05 iterations and people will race them more frquently. I'm running this class at our local track and the 05 is competitive. Don't really care about body/wheel rules but there are probably some mid-level speed cars that would work well here, like the Skyline, Corvette, Subaru, Ferrari, etc.

GT3 would be FF03 with some sort of spec motor/gearing combination. Maybe silver can, maybe a Tamiya brand brushless setup because let's face it, in most of the country the only time you'll get to run it is in a Tamiya event anyway. Slower than GT2, front wheel drive bodies only.

Mini and Novice are fine the way they are if you ask me. No need for us to discuss RPM limits at this point because that's all been hashed out many times before.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rccardr
In Doc's Perfect World:

GT1 would be "open" 17.5. Any motor, any battery, any ESC with any software, any chassis- plate or tub- and bodies that represent superfast cars. Allow the 'special' Subie too. That's the way most clubs run their weekly events. Tamiya would sell a lot more 416's (or whatever their top level platform is) because people would run them regularly at club events. No more complaining about having to buy a 'special' car, motor or ESC for one or two events. 13.5 just ain't that relevant any longer because "open" 17.5's are so fast.

GT2 would be 'spec' 17.5. Any motor, any battery, any tub chassis, timing permitted but no ESC boost/turbo software allowed. This gives the tub guys a class that's faster than silver can but not as crazy fast as open 17.5. Lots of tracks around the country are heading in this direction and it seems to be working. Speed is somewhat faster than the old 27 turn stock but slower than the old 19 turn brushed motors. Again, Tamiya will sell more TA05 iterations and people will race them more frquently. I'm running this class at our local track and the 05 is competitive. Don't really care about body/wheel rules but there are probably some mid-level speed cars that would work well here, like the Skyline, Corvette, Subaru, Ferrari, etc.

GT3 would be FF03 with some sort of spec motor/gearing combination. Maybe silver can, maybe a Tamiya brand brushless setup because let's face it, in most of the country the only time you'll get to run it is in a Tamiya event anyway. Slower than GT2, front wheel drive bodies only.

Mini and Novice are fine the way they are if you ask me. No need for us to discuss RPM limits at this point because that's all been hashed out many times before.
ditto..

except the 'spcial subie' and 'dish whels' part ... BLAH!!... Lets keep it to realistic bodies and wheels. Tamiya has plenty to choose from.. more funnerest to watch too.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OSherman
ditto..

except the 'spcial subie' and 'dish whels' part ... BLAH!!... Lets keep it to realistic bodies and wheels. Tamiya has plenty to choose from.. more funnerest to watch too.
++ on the dish wheels there lame......
Keep it real guys thats what made touring cars cool!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I like Doc's suggestions on classes...

but,

GT1 - Open 17.5 class
GT2 - 21.5 class non timing
GT3 - Silver can class , same as now
GT4 - FF03 ...they looked sweet at the nats
Mini
F1
Old 09-22-2010, 11:18 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago I promised we'd be having more events at the Tamiya track. With that said, I wanted to announce today we will be having our first "Fall Fun Race" on October 9th.

I will post the flyer on this post for details shortly. I will also have the information posted on Tamiya America's site shortly.

Get ready for some fun! We will be testing some new formats

FM
Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 AM
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Here's the Flyer.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-flyer1-fun-race.jpg  
Old 09-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Cool Fun Race

Alright, FF03 and mini. So, does anybody have a spare Subaru Legacy body I can borrow and a set of Muchmore tires?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.