Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 01-31-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Uh, I have had that signature for a while, and on more than one site I might add. Besides if I am not mistaken, your sig changes like every week or something. So you sir are the sig thief. As far as hacking goes, thats about your speed, just ask Chen Hwa (LOL). But if you can catch me you can hack me. Just be aware that I can give as good as I get, after all I have recently attended the Eric Whippler Driving Academy!
Old 02-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Any one have a good set-up for a EvoIII for indoor asphalt?? For the track in Hanover, PA???

I know Type "A" tires, but can't think of how else to set the car up..

Any help???

thanks
Old 02-08-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by k_bojar
Any one have a good set-up for a EvoIII for indoor asphalt?? For the track in Hanover, PA???

I know Type "A" tires, but can't think of how else to set the car up..

Any help???

thanks
Bring a bumper car and your own personal marshal....
Old 02-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by A-Ko
Bring a bumper car and your own personal marshal....
thanks...already have ran at Hanover - just haven't run with the EvoIII

And the last time I ran there, I chased my TA04R all day - it actually got worse on each and every run :x
Old 02-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by k_bojar
And the last time I ran there, I chased my TA04R all day - it actually got worse on each and every run :x
So did it get looser as the day went on?
Old 02-10-2005, 06:13 AM
Tech Champion

So did it get looser as the day went on?
Looser was/is an understatement...It went south very fast...

The worse part is, the night before - in the "warm-up" race - it worked awesome!!! Didn't touch anything on the car - even the same "A" tires, cleaned the same way...

I was baffled to say the least
Old 02-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Tech Master

That track really changes quite a bit during race day. Seems really sensitive to weather. If I ever went back there I would try a few more things like dropping the rear hinge pin holders to 0mm, which come at +2mm and sticking with a larger spur, like 96.

A setup like 50 oil, 3 hole pist, springs red,yellow or blue, med swaybars, 2F to 4R droop, 5mm height would be a good place to start. Even staggering the Type A inserts F hard & R softer can help with no airgap. I would not make the setup too soft, just look for something in the middle.

Since you are already in PA I would make a roadtrip practice with your setup. Well it is what I would do. I would start with my best stock motor with the evo few runs later switch to my 19T.

The back corner by the door seemed to give my Evo fits last year. I am sure it would be different this year, which I don't plan on finding out.

Jeff
Old 02-11-2005, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Too much droop in the back!

That track really changes quite a bit during race day. Seems really sensitive to weather. If I ever went back there I would try a few more things like dropping the rear hinge pin holders to 0mm, which come at +2mm and sticking with a larger spur, like 96.

A setup like 50 oil, 3 hole pist, springs red,yellow or blue, med swaybars, 2F to 4R droop, 5mm height would be a good place to start. Even staggering the Type A inserts F hard & R softer can help with no airgap. I would not make the setup too soft, just look for something in the middle.

Since you are already in PA I would make a roadtrip practice with your setup. Well it is what I would do. I would start with my best stock motor with the evo few runs later switch to my 19T.

The back corner by the door seemed to give my Evo fits last year. I am sure it would be different this year, which I don't plan on finding out.

Is 4 mm your actual travel or the distance under the arms. If it's the actual travel you better limit your travel in the back or the rear will be swinging out going into the corners!

Jeff
Old 02-11-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Champion

Jeff
Thanks for the suggestions...Actually even though I'm in PA, RCO is a 3 hour ride!! from philadelphia...So it would be hard to convince the wife that I "need" to go out there before March

I've just never run the evo up there - let alone a 19T motor at RCO, so I was just trying to find a starting point...

Yea, that portion by the door has been an adventure every year I've been up there (just missed last year because I moved that weekend)...
Old 02-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Funny Neil, funny.
I'm serious.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Too much droop in the back!

Originally posted by maxepower
It all depends on the rest of the setup.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I know the feeling, the 103's used to work awsome in the Saturday night race and would fall way off on Sunday. As far as the tire/insert goes, the track is notorious for graining tires, air gap will just increase the problem. I would run firmer inserts all the way around and soften the car up to get the traction back. Maybe run the wheelbase biased to the rear to get the weight on the rear tires. That back corner is a killer, it has to do with the heater kicking on and off and blowing the dust around. Not fun. As a side note, maybe B's with soft inserts and lots of air gap might be an option, I know it sounds crazy, but if you use tire warmers to get a little heat in them it might work.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

What changes in the mini do people find needed to run in a tcs race?

Also what do people do for the tb02 and the ta04r to get them ready to race gt2? are alot fo guys running ceramic bearings and stuff like that?

Also any motor tuning tips for the silver can ?
Old 02-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

TA04R... old but deadly...
Old 02-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

so right out of the box only needing a set up no parts needed anything?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.