Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree824Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 09-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just when you thought it was over...

Just when you thought there could be no-more coverage of the NAF....

Just wait, there's more! I just created a Horizon Hobby Flickr Account and uploaded all the photos from the race there. Please feel free to check them out and tag yourselves in them.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/horizon...02308861/show/
Old 09-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Red face FWD Authentic looking bodies?

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
If this is the case, gonna need to see some of the cool bodies available.

So far, not a huge fan of the FWD bodies.

How bout some of those examples.

Personally, don't have a problem with other bodies. Wings could still be kit wings and not goofy Lexan ones tho.
The Porsche Cup wasn't too bad was it?
Let's pull back on the rules some, already hard enough to get onroaders to the tracks.

Not a bad idea to have the cars look real.
Thanks Cuda,
At least there is one man of reason that it's not all about the bodies. I still feel cool FWD bodies are great but how many of us have NSX's, Altezza's and EBRO's sitting in our garage,so why can't we use them for the regionals and then if Fred wants to implement FWD Bodies only in the Nationals so be it!

One it does keep the costs down using existing bodies we know works and do we really need to start spending tons of money now to find the body of choice and you know once that is determined, then everybody and their aunt will be using one type body!

Lets just go out and work on chassis set-up and have fun practicing for next year and let the hardcore authentic FWD body racers spend the time and money figuring out what works. Then I'll buy the FWD body!

Just my2$
Old 09-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Bring back the Honda RSX body for the FF03. That body is perfect for the FF03. I need to get the FF03 just to mount my RSX body on it.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by f1larry
Bring back the Honda RSX body for the FF03. That body is perfect for the FF03. I need to get the FF03 just to mount my RSX body on it.
I ran that on the TA03 Front drive, Amazing body! They should bring it back!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Drives great with RSX body have one painted with PIAA markings
Old 09-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Hi Guys,

I wanted to say thank you to all the racers that competed at this years TCS Finals. Good job and good racing!!! Thank you for your continued support. The updated rules and schedule will be posted soon. Feel free to debate suggestions on this thread. . . . . .

FM
The suggestions I have as follows.

Regionals
GT1 - open esc / 17.5 (either spec or open to roar)
GT2 - Tamiya BL system
GT3 - Silvercan
GT4 - FF03

Heard rumors about only 3 GT classes. With the BL esc wars going on seems like Tamiya would need to offer a something that is common locally and something common within the series. GT3 should stay GT3 due to many clubs are racing it, changing it would create confusion, deleting it does not make sense since it has been extremely popular.

Mini/F1 don't have a real opinion other than they should both stay.

Also think it might be good to allow 3 classes at the regionals. Means more $$ for Tamiya and more options for the racers. Sure time can be a factor, just race fuller heats.

Nationals
The only change that would be cool to see is bump up B-mains. There have been a few A-mains that either 8-9 guys competed all 3 mains. Usually the B there are many guys that could compete well in the A. For this to work, sure they would miss the 1st A but then start in last spot for the next 2 As. Would be good to give the guys who just missed the A another chance after winning the B.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Regular

Default Nom de plumes

Originally Posted by f1larry
Are you referring to the car body also known as the Beams Integra, part no. 50968 or SP 968? As of this summer, they were still available on Tamiya's warehouse website. Bought two of them. It's a beautiful bod, but a little tall; might need to have some "lightening" a la my VW Golf Cup body.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Are you referring to the car body also known as the Beams Integra, part no. 50968 or SP 968? As of this summer, they were still available on Tamiya's warehouse website. Bought two of them. It's a beautiful bod, but a little tall; might need to have some "lightening" a la my VW Golf Cup body.
That is the body I was talking about. Yep tall and long
Old 09-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
The whole idea of running FWD cars is to run fwd bodies. Any of the standard bodies will fit the long wheelbase FF03 and yes, that huge "stock" Lexan high downforce rear wing on the Altezza would look very nice and work very well on any car. If a rwd Altezza is okay to use, then a rwd NSX body with high downforce wing fits too. See where this is headed ? If FF03 becomes the new GT-3 class, it should be with fwd body only and stock plastic kit wing only, no adding hop-up wings. Hopefully this will, like mini, open up the class to more than just a one body class.

Gary - awesome job on the videos. All the hard work is appreciated by many racers !
When are people going to realize that much of the popularity of these class's ARE the scale bodies being used!!! It's NOT about going faster every time you hit the track---it's about having FUN racing your toy cars with your buddies and keeping them looking REAL and running together with equal power and handling. Let the driving make the difference--not the "High downforce" slippery bodies!! Run FWD bodies---and ENJOY them. There's OTHER class's already where you can get the slippery smooth big winged bodies.
FWIW
Tim
Old 09-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The honda accord from tamiya is only $20. We can all run that provided we all run awesome paint jobs.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmig
When are people going to realize that much of the popularity of these class's ARE the scale bodies being used!!! It's NOT about going faster every time you hit the track---it's about having FUN racing your toy cars with your buddies and keeping them looking REAL and running together with equal power and handling. Let the driving make the difference--not the "High downforce" slippery bodies!! Run FWD bodies---and ENJOY them. There's OTHER class's already where you can get the slippery smooth big winged bodies.
FWIW
Tim

I am all for FWD bodies used on the FF03 chassis.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
If this is the case, gonna need to see some of the cool bodies available.

So far, not a huge fan of the FWD bodies.

How bout some of those examples.

Personally, don't have a problem with other bodies. Wings could still be kit wings and not goofy Lexan ones tho.
The Porsche Cup wasn't too bad was it?
Let's pull back on the rules some, already hard enough to get onroaders to the tracks.

Not a bad idea to have the cars look real.
Tamiya has already re-released for the FF03 the following FWD bodies:

Honda Accord with no decals
Honda Castrol Civic Hatchback
Toyota Tom's Levin
Toyota Tom's EXIV
Volvo 850 saloon
Peugeot 406 ST
Alfa Romeo 156
Williams Renault Clio

The main reason for the "Porsche Cup" was to eliminate "who had the better body advantage" and Tamiya had lots of those bodies in stock so they were available to all. Just to keep it spec as this was an exhibition class at nats, Fred would not allow a third Porsche 911 GT-3 body that was different (based on the 996) than the two that were listed as eligible to use and came on the TL-01 chassis (The Beckers VIP Cup body set).
Old 09-13-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

Default Last time, I promise

Alright, we just finished and published the coverage of the NAF to our site this morning, link is below. What's nice about this is that all the mains, the Flickr player, the link to the interviews and such are all here on one page.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Articles...ArticleID=2193
Old 09-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Tamiya has already re-released for the FF03 the following FWD bodies:

Alfa Romeo 156
Hell yeah
Old 09-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Coverage

Nice Coverage GaryK.. we appreciate it..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.