Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
All this complaining NOW is why I made my post 2 weeks ago! If you missed it here it is:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7855717-post14154.html

Wasn't a trip winning class was what I was told. Although GT4 had a Triple A-Main (although the turnout justified it). I was bummed it wasn't 8 minutes myself.
i'm not complaining, i stop racing TCS 3 or 4 yrs ago.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
Congrats to all the new champions. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you would like any tips to go fast in Japan.
Ling, i want tips
Old 08-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by gashuffer
C'mon guys the race is over. Relish the good times Lookin for that winning mini set up.
I am going to place my order tomorrow for a FF-03. Should I get the pro vrsion or the Civic? I have a set of TRF shocks already. Once again great racing. I miss Cali.
get the Civic.. and maybe (depending on what comes in non pro kit) the Blue Alum MotorPlate..

just landed me a civic body.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Difuser
I think we all made the A in '02 also
Yeah, you're right Dan... I won't doubt that at all. You and our buddy "Yovan" led the way... (BTW, he forgot your name yesterday. "Who's that big guy I went with to Japan again?" Hahaha... just kidding Joven, I know your reading!)
Old 08-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonC
That was supposed to go to the GT1 winner
I stole it!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony q
I'm not starting anything, that's my 2 cents only.
You said in your next reply that you stopped running TCS 3 or 4 years ago.
If this is the case, then why are you pointing fingers at someone who obviously put the time in to compete and came out on top.
I dont personally know Christian, never met the guy, but if Fred let him race, and the guy that is supposedly his sponsor came on here to say that he isnt in fact sponsored, then to me thats the end of the story.
At that point you are causing trouble for no good reason.
If you are too good, or above racing TCS, then thats your deal, good luck with whatever you're into. But if you've got something to prove then shows what you got. I can guarantee that sponsored or not, every single driver that showed up on the podium this weekend put in a massive effort to get there, and not only that, but they are all obviously very talented drivers.
Theres your 2 cents back with change
Old 08-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I can guarantee that sponsored or not, every single driver that showed up on the podium this weekend put in a massive effort to get there, and not only that, but they are all obviously very talented drivers.
Perfectly put. Whether or not Christian was, is or will be a sponsored driver, he showed why he SHOULD be in the A-Main 2. An absolute perfect drive, perfect pass, and deserves the win. The only thing, IMO, his 'sponsorships' would have helped with is driving experience...not chassis, motors, tires, etc.

Again, great job by Tamiya and all the winners at the event. A full write up will be (hopefully) in the next issue of RC Driver magazine.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

If this is the case, then why are you pointing fingers at someone who obviously put the time in to compete and came out on top.
I dont personally know Christian, never met the guy, but if Fred let him race, and the guy that is supposedly his sponsor came on here to say that he isnt in fact sponsored, then to me thats the end of the story.
If you are too good, or above racing TCS, then thats your deal, good luck with whatever you're into. But if you've got something to prove then shows what you got. I can guarantee that sponsored or not, every single driver that showed up on the podium this weekend put in a massive effort to get there, and not only that, but they are all obviously very talented drivers.

Ouch, settle down BP, Tony Q. is cool and cute. His just making his point and I'm sure he is happy for the winners and he knows christian as well as myself and he is also a talented driver, he is not above tcs, and his address is 1234 myway ln., escondido california so visit him anytime and punch each other out. Seriously, Christian grew up with TAOB and we love the kid but with Kamikaze, articles and his gas racing. He sure turned out to be looking like a sponsored driver in the rc community that is why eye brows raised. But what is said here is what we have to take as the truth and he showed his talents at the race with lots of support from his dad and friends... and that is what it is!

Ummm... Christian, can I get my winning pinion gear back?
Old 08-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TPhalen
Perfectly put. Whether or not Christian was, is or will be a sponsored driver, he showed why he SHOULD be in the A-Main 2. An absolute perfect drive, perfect pass, and deserves the win. The only thing, IMO, his 'sponsorships' would have helped with is driving experience...not chassis, motors, tires, etc.
+1

And for those that were not there, in A-main #1 Christian was sent to the box for some "agressive" pass attempts. But rather than rattle him, he came back in A-main #2 and #3 with poise, patience, and very clean passes each time. The TQ (Joe) was doing everything he could to keep out front, but each time he let the door open once, and that was all it took. It didn't hurt that Christian had WAY more motor than Joe, but he still had to make the clean pass. You have to give the kid props for that.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by izzyracer
Ouch, settle down BP, Tony Q. is cool and cute. His just making his point and I'm sure he is happy for the winners and he knows christian as well as myself and he is also a talented driver, he is not above tcs, and his address is 1234 myway ln., escondido california so visit him anytime and punch each other out. Seriously, Christian grew up with TAOB and we love the kid but with Kamikaze, articles and his gas racing. He sure turned out to be looking like a sponsored driver in the rc community that is why eye brows raised. But what is said here is what we have to take as the truth and he showed his talents at the race with lots of support from his dad and friends... and that is what it is!

Ummm... Christian, can I get my winning pinion gear back?
Izzy,
I can appreciate what your saying, and I dont know Tony Q, but what I do know is that he doesnt post very regularly on here. So to show up out of the blue and make those kinds of comments i dont think is too cool. I just have a real problem with people questioning others integrity when they dont have all the facts. I enjoy TCS and I have had many great outings to the nats even when i didnt do well. Made a lot of friends in Socal over the years and I hope to make it back out real soon.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I just said some of them are sponsored so if u r not one of them don't worry about it. I stop racing for personal reason not because of this reason.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony q
I just said some of them are sponsored so if u r not one of them don't worry about it. I stop racing for personal reason not because of this reason.
yup, I have the same personal reason...too slow j/k Tony Q, what up man!

Congrats to all the winners...will someone PLEASE take home the gold this year???? it's been what? 10+ year since an American driver won the whole thing?

Steve
Old 08-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by over gear
Ling, i want tips
Henry - did you win TCS nats? No?? Then no tips for you. You have 51 weeks left. Get to work.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default Congrats!

Congratulations to all the winners especially Brandon and Christian. Great job Christian, Joe has always made it tough on us in GT1. For you to beat him really shows that your skills have improved. Keep it up...and good luck to you all in Japan...
Old 08-30-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GTRtuned
Congratulations to all the winners especially Brandon and Christian. Great job Christian, Joe has always made it tough on us in GT1. For you to beat him really shows that your skills have improved. Keep it up...and good luck to you all in Japan...
Thanks wally! I owe it to Steve Villanueva of R1wurks and Timmy Valles for helping us with a bit of setup. Without them, my family and everyone who supported me, I wouldn't have done nearly as well this year

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.