Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
The rules are written to disallow the PAID drivers.
Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with this. Do you know how many full factory drivers are actually paid??? I'm going to guess about 5%...and that's probably shooting on the high side.

Most sponsorships go product (either free or some percentage), then product/travel, then product/travel/compensation. Like I said, there are only a handful of guys that get the product/travel/compensation.

Izzy, nice new toy. Yer gonna like it...
Old 08-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonC
just dont use them.... isnt that want the other cars on the track are for .. to slow ya down
i was victim a couple times this past weekend.. 'returned the favor' to a couple...
Old 08-30-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Uhuh.............................................. ..............................
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
He is NOT and never a sponsored driver for SERPENT! He is a FAMILY friend and I gave them deals for all their RC needs and it just happened that I gave him a Serpent gas car to drive.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TPhalen
Sorry, but I'm going to have to disagree with this. Do you know how many full factory drivers are actually paid??? I'm going to guess about 5%...and that's probably shooting on the high side.

Most sponsorships go product (either free or some percentage), then product/travel, then product/travel/compensation. Like I said, there are only a handful of guys that get the product/travel/compensation.

Izzy, nice new toy. Yer gonna like it...
Tony if i'm not mistaken, you are or at one time were a factory driver, so you have credibility.
IMO Product and Travel are forms of compensation, at least from an income tax point of view they are considered as such.
Most guys may not draw a salary from their sponsor, but they are being compensated.
Also IMO those are the guys that the rule was written for.
But most TCS participants are not sponsored, as well, there are plenty of drivers who have won without a sponsor
I have had good finishes at TCS races and I am not a sponsored driver, I have spent my own money to go racing, thats why I took offense to that post, because I have raced in the series since the Aliso track opened in 94 and while I havent made it out for the past few Nats, I still run the regionals when I can.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone have the rules on the FF03 race at CalRC?
Old 08-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to all the new champions. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you would like any tips to go fast in Japan.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:54 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Why was there only one GT2 "A" Main?
Old 08-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Congrats to all the winners. Now can someone post up the winning setup for Mini? Thanks. Gt4 was awesome.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gashuffer
.... Gt4 was awesome.
it was.. cant wait to start racing FWD bodies (hatchbacks and compact sedan with little or no wings) definitely need a different steup to get those to work... but it can be done..
Old 08-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OSherman
it was.. cant wait to start racing FWD bodies (hatchbacks and compact sedan with little or no wings) definitely need a different steup to get those to work... but it can be done..
Didn't you win a Civic body??? That'll look good with the 'baldylox' paint scheme!

I need to get a new body too, although the Porsche works pretty good!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eeyan
I'm backing up Ling on this one... he was not dominated at the track. It was somewhere else DOWNTOWN! Dark alley... Hot Japanese lady smoking something... I witnessed it all... LOL!

But really... 2004. that was the year 3 AmeriAsians went to Japan to represent the US accompanied by our grand tamiya daddy of all (Mr. FredM). Eyebrows were raised as we entered the event hall. And I literally heard the crowd chanting... "Are those the Westerners? They all look local... hahaha!" 2004 yup... we didn't get dominated. All of us made the A (and I think for the first time in US TCS History... correct me if I'm wrong.)
I think we all made the A in '02 also
Old 08-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Unhappy

Originally Posted by izzyracer
regarding the gt3 winner, if kamikaze considers him as family and not sponsored, then we need to respect that, plus Fred already checked up on him and gave him the go signal and his the last word. Plus Christian deserve that win because he has been running tcs since he was still a little baby and have been with the tcs locals ever since plus I won a nice raffle and I had a great time, so I'm happy.

That was supposed to go to the GT1 winner
Old 08-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by tony q
Most of the people that races Regional TCS or TCS Nationals are sponsored or have partly sponsored. The TCS rule states that any drivers that are sponsored or have any help/affiliate to rc company are not allowed to compete in the race. Sorry, but they need to be more strict on the rules.
Originally Posted by MD
Obviously, we cannot control what happens in Japan. The rules refer to "factory team drivers." They are not supposed to be driving in the TCS. I don't know if the guys who won are average Tamiya fans. I think that they are not factory team drivers. But, if the impression is that there are sponsored drivers competing some people will not enter regional races. With the nationals located in California, there is going to be less participation from the rest of country. I don't think it should be moved necessarily. I would like to see a true spec class where there are limits on hop ups, tires, electronics, and gearing. I hope the guys who won go to Japan win. But, locals will almost always have advantage.
All this complaining NOW is why I made my post 2 weeks ago! If you missed it here it is:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7855717-post14154.html

Originally Posted by MD
Why was there only one GT2 "A" Main?
Wasn't a trip winning class was what I was told. Although GT4 had a Triple A-Main (although the turnout justified it). I was bummed it wasn't 8 minutes myself.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

C'mon guys the race is over. Relish the good times Lookin for that winning mini set up.
I am going to place my order tomorrow for a FF-03. Should I get the pro vrsion or the Civic? I have a set of TRF shocks already. Once again great racing. I miss Cali.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
First of all why do you feel the need to start this $h*t? and second of all if you're gonna start it you better have your facts straight.
Most would comprise a large percentage, and since I have been running TCS since the first race ever held, I can tell you that you are wrong.
Getting a brother deal from a hobby shop is not a sponsorship.
The rules are written to disallow the PAID drivers.
I used to get my batteries from Peak Performance because I had a connection with Rick Howart, but I still paid for them, he just gave me a good deal on some great cells.
If you really believe that any of the drivers that won their classes were outside the rules, you should have protested them before they even took to the track.
Otherwise don't taint what looked like to me some great drives this past weekend
I'm not starting anything, that's my 2 cents only.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.