Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
yes indeed!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
Isn't the guy who won GT3 a sponsored Gas driver for Serpent?
Can you define sponsored?
Got a break on some stuff or make 6 figure salaries racing, R&D ing and designing for the factory?

Originally Posted by tony q
Most of the people that races Regional TCS or TCS Nationals are sponsored or have partly sponsored. The TCS rule states that any drivers that are sponsored or have any help/affiliate to rc company are not allowed to compete in the race. Sorry, but they need to be more strict on the rules.
So if most of the people that attend these races fall into this category and you eliminate them, what will the turnout be like?
The rules could be a little more specific or lax or should they all just stay away?
Maybe split classes into skill levels?
That's always a tough one.

Originally Posted by MD
tony q - That's sad to hear. It really makes it hard for the average Tamiya fan to compete. It's discouraging.
Seems as tho these are the average Tamiya fans.
You do know that when the winners get to Japan that they get dominated by the locals right?
Who's policing those guys?
Old 08-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
You do know that when the winners get to Japan that they get dominated by the locals right?
I'm a winner and I didn't get dominated by any of the Japanese locals - not on the track anyways
Old 08-30-2010, 11:36 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Obviously, we cannot control what happens in Japan. The rules refer to "factory team drivers." They are not supposed to be driving in the TCS. I don't know if the guys who won are average Tamiya fans. I think that they are not factory team drivers. But, if the impression is that there are sponsored drivers competing some people will not enter regional races. With the nationals located in California, there is going to be less participation from the rest of country. I don't think it should be moved necessarily. I would like to see a true spec class where there are limits on hop ups, tires, electronics, and gearing. I hope the guys who won go to Japan win. But, locals will almost always have advantage.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
"Come on Tony!!"
That was some funny stuff, O!

I define sponsorship as anyone that continually gets product at a free or heavily discounted price...be it a friend deal or not. Getting a one-time free car to drive does not necessarily mean sponsored...however some will disagree that someone that gets a free car has an advantage over someone that doesn't and has to pay full price. It's a fine line.

There were rumors around the track about Christians 'sponsorship' with Serpent, however I can guarantee you that there were others in the GT3 class that got SOMETHING in their RC career free or at a heavily discounted price.

It's a tough call for Tamiya and I certainly wouldn't want to be in their shoes. I'm not even sure how you would go about monitoring that, however I have a pretty good idea that might help take some of the responsibility away from Tamiya...but that's another story.

All in all it was a great event. PERFECT weather helped keep the race fun. I have to say if you haven't tried one of those FF-03 cars yet, they're pretty dialed!!!!! Congrats to all the winners and good luck in Japan.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
I'm a winner and I didn't get dominated by any of the Japanese locals - not on the track anyways
I stand corrected and congratulations.
What and when were your victorys?
I like hearing that you were successful.

[QUOTE=MD;7874835] I would like to see a true spec class where there are limits on hop ups, tires, electronics, and gearing. QUOTE]

I was under the impression that the controlled spec classes of F1, Mini and GT3 were very well done.

The only variable I could see would be set gearing on the F1 and GT3 as in Mini where as the motors that were all used and installed in tech could all be randomly distributed each round as in Mini.

With the user controlled gearing in those other 2 classes, the responsibility was on the user to not fry his motor cuz he was gettin the same one back.
Control the gearing and you can truly control any advantage one may get thru luck of the draw.
The staff and the racers could agree on a comfortable safe ratio.
Probably could also agree on handout tires for those classes also.
Everything same same thruout.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Most of the people that races Regional TCS or TCS Nationals are sponsored or have partly sponsored. The TCS rule states that any drivers that are sponsored or have any help/affiliate to rc company are not allowed to compete in the race. Sorry, but they need to be more strict on the rules.
First of all why do you feel the need to start this $h*t? and second of all if you're gonna start it you better have your facts straight.
Most would comprise a large percentage, and since I have been running TCS since the first race ever held, I can tell you that you are wrong.
Getting a brother deal from a hobby shop is not a sponsorship.
The rules are written to disallow the PAID drivers.
I used to get my batteries from Peak Performance because I had a connection with Rick Howart, but I still paid for them, he just gave me a good deal on some great cells.
If you really believe that any of the drivers that won their classes were outside the rules, you should have protested them before they even took to the track.
Otherwise don't taint what looked like to me some great drives this past weekend
Old 08-30-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

GT4 (FF03).. I vote... Kit Gearing. Cirtix (or Tamiya rebadged something or other) 17.5 or 21.5.

Those silver cans just get too hot under FWD heavy braking, till the point of no brakes. Brakes would make for much closer racing than there already is..

Fred, start testing.. lol
Old 08-30-2010, 12:45 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

F N Cuda - The classes you mentioned are unlimited Tamiya hop up classes. The idea has been discussed before and now is probably not the time. I would support a TT01 Spec Class similar to what they run in Maryland. Again, best wishes to the guys going to Japan and congratulations to Tamiya for a great race. I enjoyed watching it on line when I could.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I stand corrected and congratulations.
What and when were your victorys?
I like hearing that you were successful.

I'm backing up Ling on this one... he was not dominated at the track. It was somewhere else DOWNTOWN! Dark alley... Hot Japanese lady smoking something... I witnessed it all... LOL!

But really... 2004. that was the year 3 AmeriAsians went to Japan to represent the US accompanied by our grand tamiya daddy of all (Mr. FredM). Eyebrows were raised as we entered the event hall. And I literally heard the crowd chanting... "Are those the Westerners? They all look local... hahaha!" 2004 yup... we didn't get dominated. All of us made the A (and I think for the first time in US TCS History... correct me if I'm wrong.)
Old 08-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default wow

regarding the gt3 winner, if kamikaze considers him as family and not sponsored, then we need to respect that, plus Fred already checked up on him and gave him the go signal and his the last word. Plus Christian deserve that win because he has been running tcs since he was still a little baby and have been with the tcs locals ever since plus I won a nice raffle and I had a great time, so I'm happy.

Old 08-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

GT4 (FF03).. I vote... Kit Gearing. Cirtix (or Tamiya rebadged something or other) 17.5 or 21.5.

Those silver cans just get too hot under FWD heavy braking, till the point of no brakes. Brakes would make for much closer racing than there already is..

Fred, start testing.. lol
make that fwd japan class next year!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

GT4 (FF03)..
Those silver cans just get too hot under FWD heavy braking, till the point of no brakes.
just dont use them.... isnt that want the other cars on the track are for .. to slow ya down
Old 08-30-2010, 01:15 PM
Tech Elite

Most tcs participants are not sponsored but most winners have help from manufacturers or distributors and that's true except prior to 2004, HAHAHAHA!
so you better be nice and get your hookups right.
(pogi! Kung ano ano na naman yang sinasabi mo, !)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.