Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree839Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-23-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
22 sign ups for GT3 and only 4 for GT1..

I feel for last years spec winner who has "graduated" to GT3 only to run against the likes of (insert names of the many past podium winners running GT3 here). ...

... Without a reasonable expectation of graduating into a class in which they can be competitive, many new to RC will loose interest in the hobby. This is not only true for the younger racers, but also goes for sportsman racers who enjoy racing, but may lack the funds or skills to compete against past champs in GT3. It just seems to me that for all the money spent on GT3 cars, it would be nothing to buy a TT-01 and find a kid to sponsor.
These are good points - my son raced and won the TCS Spec National class last year - and has now moved up to race the GT3 class, unfortunately for him this is an especially tough year - having to race against the some of the best drivers in TCS - welcome to the bigs!

I would recommend to Fred / Tamiya TCS - to think about recognizing the top rookie drivers at the Regional's and National's. Young racers, who have just moved up out of the Spec class into the GT3 class in the last year. Have a Rookie of the Year award based on the finish of these first year GT3 racers at the Regional's and National's or have a race within a race for GT3, where an under 13yrs class(or older/younger) are racing not only in the overall class but against each other and recoginze the top finisher in that age bracket in GT3. Lot's can be done to keep, grow and incentivise young racers in RC at the TCS races.

I am sponsoring two of my son's friends in Spec this year. I have two extra TT-01's with radio gear that I have prepared for the Spec Nationals. I had originally sponsored these two boys for the June TCS Regionals this year and they had such a great time all they have talked about since is racing in the TCS Nationals. So I will be coming up again this weekend with my two sons and their two friends (6 cars total: 1- GT3, 3-Spec, 1-GT2, 1-GT4) - we are all looking forward to fun weekend of racing
Old 08-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
22 sign ups for GT3 and only 4 for GT1..

I feel for last years spec winner who has "graduated" to GT3 only to run against the likes of (insert names of the many past podium winners running GT3 here).

It is cool to see that 7 of the 9 spec drivers are rookies.

Think about this for a minute: The spec class should be the biggest class of them all. Without that class the on-road future for RC is bleak. Growing new racers is what the spirit of TCS is all about. Without a reasonable expectation of graduating into a class in which they can be competitive, many new to RC will loose interest in the hobby. This is not only true for the younger racers, but also goes for sportsman racers who enjoy racing, but may lack the funds or skills to compete against past champs in GT3. It just seems to me that for all the money spent on GT3 cars, it would be nothing to buy a TT-01 and find a kid to sponsor.

My daughter raced spec for the first time in Memphis and managed a 5th place finish. She was jazzed that she "qualified" for the Nats but unfortunately she had too many commitments this weekend to be able to join me on the trip. She took it well, however, and insisted that if she finishes in the top 3 next year in Memphis that she wants to go to the Nats no matter what else is going on.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tsquare
These are good points - my son raced and won the TCS Spec National class last year - and has now moved up to race the GT3 class, unfortunately for him this is an especially tough year - having to race against the some of the best drivers in TCS - welcome to the bigs!

I would recommend to Fred / Tamiya TCS - to think about recognizing the top rookie drivers at the Regional's and National's. Young racers, who have just moved up out of the Spec class into the GT3 class in the last year. Have a Rookie of the Year award based on the finish of these first year GT3 racers at the Regional's and National's or have a race within a race for GT3, where an under 13yrs class(or older/younger) are racing not only in the overall class but against each other and recoginze the top finisher in that age bracket in GT3. Lot's can be done to keep, grow and incentivise young racers in RC at the TCS races.

I am sponsoring two of my son's friends in Spec this year. I have two extra TT-01's with radio gear that I have prepared for the Spec Nationals. I had originally sponsored these two boys for the June TCS Regionals this year and they had such a great time all they have talked about since is racing in the TCS Nationals. So I will be coming up again this weekend with my two sons and their two friends (6 cars total: 1- GT3, 3-Spec, 1-GT2, 1-GT4) - we are all looking forward to fun weekend of racing
In the past they have recognized the top "rookie driver" (based on age) in classes outside of spec. They have done this at regionals, I hope they will also do at Nationals this year.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation TCS NATIONALS POLE POSITION FIRST ANNUAL GO KART THROW DOWN!"

Originally Posted by maxepower
Brandon,
Me and Tim would like to go but what day and time. Timmy starts school Monday and the only other day would be Friday,Saturday or Sunday. So I would think Friday or Saturday night after the track closes. Although Friday traffic would suck. Maybe Saturday would be better. Anyway we are in if you can get more racers to show up!
O.k. Chris, Oliver, Anthony, Tony,Rod,Tom, Christian, Alex, Kevin,Orlando etc.etc.
All you guys are being called out! Are you up for the challenge? OooH, how about a past champion race? That would be cool and then have the rest of us race each other. Wow, this would be cool if we could pull this off!
We would have a qualifier to set up positions for the mains and "DRIVERS
ON THE SOUND OF THE TONE"!
Come on everybody, lets make this happen. We will have a blast! O.k> O.k> this means you too Fred. You and Gary are both past champions and is Dave Jun in town for this weekend?
What do you say?
Come on guys I'm not giving up this idea!
Old 08-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lbckevin
Very true Jason...

Quite a few sponsored drivers in GT3. HMMMMm suppose to drive GT1 if you have any sponsors at all.
Well, I must say that's disappointing. As a lifelong Tamiya fan I've been itching to race TCS but have been sitting out with respect for the rules due to my little partial Tekin sponsorship. Now I see full chassis and electronics sponsored guys in GT2 & GT3...

Kinda makes me feel like a sucker for following the rules.

Last edited by reenmachine; 08-23-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
Well, I must say that's disappointing. As a lifelong Tamiya fan I've been itching to race TCS but have been sitting out with respect for the rules due to my little partial Tekin sponsorship. Now I see full chassis and electronics sponsored guys in GT2 & GT3...

That is what Gt1 is for
Old 08-23-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by izzyracer
Iphone's are perfect mind you!

Christina, I mean Christian, what happen to letting me try your F1? Now I 'm going to vote on banning you on Gt3 darnet!
Sorry Izzy totally got involved with the car, if you would like, you can run it on Thursday or Friday, just tell me what day you are gonna be down to practice. I can bring it by. Just bring a recievier.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine

You are not a sucker! I don't know why it is very difficult to make people understand this issue. Tamiya is designed for there customers and amateur racers. The rules are clear enough, no one should have to point people out. If you accepted sponsorship then you should honor Tamiya rules just like reenmachine. It is a basic rule of sportsmanship! Do not wait for Fred to grey things out. Out of respect to your fellow racers, clear the path for the people who are suppose to be in that class. Just because GT3 is the one being offered the ticket this year, you guys start sand bagging. Take on the faster class with your soup up speed controllers and that is where you prove you belong. Follow rules, as simple as that!
Old 08-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
Sorry Izzy totally got involved with the car, if you would like, you can run it on Thursday or Friday, just tell me what day you are gonna be down to practice. I can bring it by. Just bring a recievier.
Just giving you a hard time Christian. I like you because you're as chubby as me. Did you drop sponsorship yet? (Darnet, gotta go to work soon)
Old 08-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

Just giving you a hard time Christian. I like you because you're as chubby as me. Did you drop sponsorship yet? (Darnet, gotta go to work soon)
Fluffy for life!! and I can't drop my dad he's family
Old 08-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Come on guys I'm not giving up this idea!
i think im the chris you're talking about.

tell me when and where and i'll be there.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm counting 91 entries at the moment, seems a bit light to me, but it is only monday, well early tuesday here in the D
Bummed that I cant make it out again this year, but it is what it is.
The one surprise is that I dont see Swifty on the entry list
Im sure he'll surface sometime this week.
Someone might want to call down to the strip club and remind him to sign up
Old 08-23-2010, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo
Fluffy for life!! and I can't drop my dad he's family
Drop your dad!
Drop your dad!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Regular

Drop your dad!
Drop your dad!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Good luck to all racing the nats this year.

Steve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.