Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Tamiya America Track usage announcement:

To our valued Tamiya R/C enthusiasts,

Beginning August 21, 2010 Tamiya America will be charging a usage fee at its R&D track facility in Aliso Viejo, California. This fee will be $5.00 and itís inclusive for the use of the facility for the entire day. As a reminder, the track hours are from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, every Saturday except holidays and special events.

For any questions regarding our facility please contact us at this URL: http://www.tamiyausa.com/contact/index.php
does inclusive mean power also
Old 08-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FMW
Tamiya America Track usage announcement:

To our valued Tamiya R/C enthusiasts,

Beginning August 21, 2010 Tamiya America will be charging a usage fee at its R&D track facility in Aliso Viejo, California. This fee will be $5.00 and it’s inclusive for the use of the facility for the entire day. As a reminder, the track hours are from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, every Saturday except holidays and special events.

For any questions regarding our facility please contact us at this URL: http://www.tamiyausa.com/contact/index.php
OH, The sign of the times.*sigh*, BTW, do we get a receipt?
Old 08-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default Mark Donohue fan?

Originally Posted by F1Jet
Wow! Tamiya finally put out a F103 beater and had to disavow it!

I guess now we won't get one of those famous Dave Jun comparison articles: 15th aniversary F103 vs the F104wolf.

Any specific details other than the obvious that it would whoop azz?

I wonder now will it be banned at the world finals where the advantage on carpet would be even larger?

Thanks for the update.
The usual reason why any such product isn't eligible has to do with availability. Products have to be available to the general consumer for long enough (like about a month before, for example) for anyone who wants to spend their money on such untried things before such a big event as the Nats. Also, the Nats rules are usually written around what will be available at the time the race is held.
Being able to hurriedly ship something only available in Japan to yourself isn't really an example of general availability. So, it has less to do with legendary tuners being able to crank something up, than it does with whether anybody who wants the item, being able to get it.
As for whether the parts and the Wolf body will be able to turn the F104 into a consistent F103 beater, well, we'll see. I'll build one when I can get the parts and I'll bring it to Show and Tell. Meanwhile, I think those with F103's will continue to enjoy them. After all, until we know otherwise, an F103 can still run rings around an F104 on carpet; it's that whole short-vs.-long-wheelbase thing...
I do hope, F1Jet, you noticed what kind of tires the Wolf has; looks like the specs describe them as vinyl rather than rubber. If anyone's going to run this car with scale-size rubber tires, they'll have to get some of the old Tamiya rubbers--harder to find than Pam Anderson's G-spot or Rod Blagovitch's soul--or some nice Ride or Pit Shimizu donuts.
Of course, you could always run foams...
Old 08-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default Candygram for Mongo

414MPH, old buddy, you have PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How to destroy a left front corner of a newly rebuilt FF03

Yesterday was a fun day with everybody going fast and gearing up for the Nats. As for me, I ran a freshly rebuilt (with the good stuff) FF03 and for the most part was taking it easy not wearing the car out. Unfortunately, on one of the later runs during the day, an F104 jumped the curb from straight and landed somewhere in the kink/dogleg and continued moving forward, towards oncoming traffic. Meanwhile I was coming out of the inner sweeper at full trottle and saw it too late. Needless to say, the collision wasn't pretty...I don't know what happened to the F104 but my car's forward momentum was instally converted into vertical motion: I just rebuilt the car (again) this morning and total damage: bent front rear suspension block, bent hingepin, cracked hub carrier, and an s-bent aluminum universal shaft. Freaking AWESOME!
Old 08-22-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

POLE POSITION RACEWAY Indoor Kart Racing I have the hookup so if guys from out of town and locals want to go its in corona and I can get us in for half the cost of K1 if your interested let me know and I will make the call. I just need a roll call on how many people. Its much better then K1 and the girl that works there is freakin hot. I can get the F1 room reserved and in fact I will buy the pizza. It holds about 30 people and would make for a fun time.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default Porsche Rennsport has lots of replacement parts

Originally Posted by rtypec

Yesterday was a fun day with everybody going fast and gearing up for the Nats. As for me, I ran a freshly rebuilt (with the good stuff) FF03 and for the most part was taking it easy not wearing the car out. Unfortunately, on one of the later runs during the day, an F104 jumped the curb from straight and landed somewhere in the kink/dogleg and continued moving forward, towards oncoming traffic. Meanwhile I was coming out of the inner sweeper at full trottle and saw it too late. Needless to say, the collision wasn't pretty...I don't know what happened to the F104 but my car's forward momentum was instally converted into vertical motion: I just rebuilt the car (again) this morning and total damage: bent front rear suspension block, bent hingepin, cracked hub carrier, and an s-bent aluminum universal shaft. Freaking AWESOME!
Jeez. Anybody get the number of that F104?

R, here's hoping it all went back together correctly. I do know a guy in Stuttgart if you need to contact the motorsport department.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default In my hood

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
POLE POSITION RACEWAY Indoor Kart Racing I have the hookup so if guys from out of town and locals want to go its in corona and I can get us in for half the cost of K1 if your interested let me know and I will make the call. I just need a roll call on how many people. Its much better then K1 and the girl that works there is freakin hot. I can get the F1 room reserved and in fact I will buy the pizza. It holds about 30 people and would make for a fun time.
Let me know a date; I literally live down the street from there.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Fragile FF03s!

Geez, I don't know about this FF03 class. I was putting mine in the box getting it ready for the flight out this week, and the wing busted off.

Not sure why the lexan gave out, but I do have to wonder if I screwed up using a little threadlock on the screws.

Time to get the shoe goo out already.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Not sure why the lexan gave out, but I do have to wonder if I screwed up using a little threadlock on the screws.

Crap, I did the same thing. Hopefully I won't need to test its durability....much.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Mini-Madness

This may have already been posted but it's still cool:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation TCS NATIONALS POLE POSITION FIRST ANNUAL GO KART THROW DOWN!"

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Brandon,
Me and Tim would like to go but what day and time. Timmy starts school Monday and the only other day would be Friday,Saturday or Sunday. So I would think Friday or Saturday night after the track closes. Although Friday traffic would suck. Maybe Saturday would be better. Anyway we are in if you can get more racers to show up!
O.k. Chris, Oliver, Anthony, Tony,Rod,Tom, Christian, Alex, Kevin,Orlando etc.etc.
All you guys are being called out! Are you up for the challenge? OooH, how about a past champion race? That would be cool and then have the rest of us race each other. Wow, this would be cool if we could pull this off!
We would have a qualifier to set up positions for the mains and "DRIVERS
ON THE SOUND OF THE TONE"!
Come on everybody, lets make this happen. We will have a blast! O.k> O.k> this means you too Fred. You and Gary are both past champions and is Dave Jun in town for this weekend?
What do you say?
Old 08-22-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Geez, I don't know about this FF03 class. I was putting mine in the box getting it ready for the flight out this week, and the wing busted off.

Same issue with two bodies I painted for the Nats. The thread locker seems to eat into the lexan and makes it brittle. Sho Goo or something similar will help the repairs.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Postman
Same issue with two bodies I painted for the Nats. The thread locker seems to eat into the lexan and makes it brittle. Sho Goo or something similar will help the repairs.
I had that problem with spoke wheels. Used threadlock to keep the wheel nut from backing off and they spider cracked and broke. CA is now my threadlock.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rtypec

Rod,
Unfortunately the F104 that was involved with you was Hung from the Bay area he and a few of the Fremont crowd did a "Bonzai" run down to So Cal yesterday to practice fro the Nats. His F104 was hurt pretty bad also, I gave him some front end parts so he could rebuild his car for the upcoming TCS Nats? I am sorry to hear about your FF03 damage, this is a great example why there should be "Controlled Practice" for Thursday and Friday. We certainly do not need somebody getting there car demolished just before the "Biggest Race " of the year. I was just behind Hung with my F104 when he tried to pass on of the 33 Gt3 or 42 Minis that where going down the front straight and you know the rest of the story and the carnage! " that was one hard hit"
Steve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.