Tamiya Championship Series

Old 08-15-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Captain Ahab vs. the R35

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Tom,
Its the latest Xanavi GTR, the one that comes with the TB03 kit
I guess you could call it a whale if you wanted
Just picked up a TA05V2 kit with the Lambo body, so I am trying to offset the costs by sellin this one
Coolness. I want to add the Lambo to the menagerie too, but am also looking for an R34 to slap on the GT1 car. Trouble is, I've run the R35 Xanavi GTR, which as you say comes on such as the latest TB kit. I love how that car looks, but I found it rolled too much--was too tall compared to other such beloved bodies as the NSX and the slammed R34's. So thanks for the offer. OK, TCS dudes, somebody step up and grab it.

Christian, nobody better give you any s--t about running GT3. Seems like everybody now recognizes that those of us that were "slumming" or "sandbagging" in GT3 were trying to have some cheap, driving-skill-rather- than-best-motor-and-battery fun, and you got just as much right to run and try to go to Japan as anybody else. You were just running F1 before because you were warming up for something better to come along, right? Like you said, time to just line them cars up and have some fun.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
Coolness. I want to add the Lambo to the menagerie too, but am also looking for an R34 to slap on the GT1 car. Trouble is, I've run the R35 Xanavi GTR, which as you say comes on such as the latest TB kit. I love how that car looks, but I found it rolled too much--was too tall compared to other such beloved bodies as the NSX and the slammed R34's. So thanks for the offer. OK, TCS dudes, somebody step up and grab it.

Christian, nobody better give you any s--t about running GT3. Seems like everybody now recognizes that those of us that were "slumming" or "sandbagging" in GT3 were trying to have some cheap, driving-skill-rather- than-best-motor-and-battery fun, and you got just as much right to run and try to go to Japan as anybody else. You were just running F1 before because you were warming up for something better to come along, right? Like you said, time to just line them cars up and have some fun.
Thanks Tom, Hopefully nothing stirs up but I think something may be coming.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking "MINI ME" driving GT-3!

Originally Posted by Serpent_Gordo View Post
I fell alot more confident with the GT3 car, the F1 was just to difficult for me to consistently drive, the car was on edge most of the time.
Dude,
Stop drinking those NOS drinks and feeding the rest to your F1 and you wouldn't be so much on the edge!

Find a way to bottle that confidence and I'll be the first to buy a case of it!

You'd make a fortune!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman View Post
Speaking of Rules.. Are you really planning on running GT3 at Nats? Mr. Pro. I remember the year you ran the Past Champs/Pro Drive class.

........I think everyone will be running GT-3 this year given the rules
Old 08-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
Dude,
Stop drinking those NOS drinks and feeding the rest to your F1 and you wouldn't be so much on the edge!

Find a way to bottle that confidence and I'll be the first to buy a case of it!

You'd make a fortune!
Man, i still remember that, I still got the twiches I think I should go to the doctors now
Old 08-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamstrc View Post
........I think everyone will be running GT-3 this year given the rules
I have no problem with that. The more the merrier. He wanted to talk rules, so i did.. lol
welcome to the Pre-Nationals 'smack-talk'.. let the games begin.

in all honesty when i heard first hand from 'pitcrew' that he was running, my reply was "cool, should be fun"
Old 08-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

According to the Driver's manual F1 needs a spec battery now and not just a ROAR approved battery, correct?

Rules said ROAR approved, Driver's manual says spec.
Driver's manual is the bible since it is the current list of rules?

Just want to be certain, thanks.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
According to the Driver's manual F1 needs a spec battery now and not just a ROAR approved battery, correct?

Rules said ROAR approved, Driver's manual says spec.
Driver's manual is the bible since it is the current list of rules?

Just want to be certain, thanks.
Does the Peak PowerFlo 4000mAh 7.4v Lipo Battery out perform last years Orion 3400 7.4 Lipo?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default butting in!

Is it now that I am a factor that you have to compete with that you are getting worried?? Hopefully not, I ran with guys last weekend and I am not a bit faster than the top runners in GT3. So are you really going to tell me this because you are questioning me or are you saying this because you are now angered that I am running the class, or that you now have new competition. Lets just get through this TCS with good times like the past years and it will be alright!
-Christian Lopez
Christian the Pro (that confidence is at least there)? I don't know if I can ever thought of you as such. To me you're just that TAOB boy walking around saying "what's up izzy" while still growing armpit hair. Do you even have some now? (LOL). Seriously, you're a great driver and you should be after all these years... you know timmy right? but along great driving there is also strategy and preparation aaaannnnd a bit of luck which all of us deal with. When at first I learned you were driving F1 and the class is going to Japan this year, I said to myself right away, whooopps Christian gets to go this year, I hope Alex have saved up enough money for the trip. Why? because I thought with your driving (great) and experience (with F1, check!) and the way less entry F1 is going to get (strategy), your chances are super high! But now, with you switching to GT3, you're just another great driver among many hoping to get that .00001 second better finish than the next. We would love for you to be with us in GT3, punting our cars behind along the way. I would love to see you win with your dad because you guys just works so hard and nothings better to see than a kid getting a lollypop in his hands with smile from ear to ear. I wish you the best in Nats and hope you made the right decision. Now about being sponsored, this is such an old debate, Gordo is right, he is no D.Jun and he is racing Nats... wait are you even setting up and driving your own car or is it Steve the RC parts distributor, ehehee just kidding!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

what's the c rating on those packs you mentioned? the higher c one will be better because it can provide higher current.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Mr. Pro... you crack me up and yes I am running GT3 and I knew I would get alot of crap for this, but I can run GT3 because I am not sponsored. I drove the expert F1 because I wanted to run with Rod Canare (RtypeC) and it was good times, but I am in no way a pro driver. If I was a pro driver I would be running another car, Testing another car every day and being payed to do it. Now that would be the life, but I am not that good of a driver, but hopefully I can become a pro someday.

Before anyone complains think of this, If you are going to try to tell me I can't run now because of whatever reason, why wasn't I getting haggled about running F1 for the past few weeks? Is it now that I am a factor that you have to compete with that you are getting worried?? Hopefully not, I ran with guys last weekend and I am not a bit faster than the top runners in GT3. So are you really going to tell me this because you are questioning me or are you saying this because you are now angered that I am running the class, or that you now have new competition. Lets just get through this TCS with good times like the past years and it will be alright!
-Christian Lopez

I believe this is the Rule Mr. Sherman was refering to:

Full factory sponsored and professional drivers are not eligible to participate in the TCS North American Finals. Drivers who have received 50% sponsorship deals from any RC company may ONLY race in the GT-1 class. Drivers who receive 50% deals from RC companies are banned from racing GT-2, GT-3 and MINI. You know who you are!!!

As for no comments about F1, probably because people knew that the "50/50" drivers would be allowed to run F1 as was the case with Mr. Arluck up North since GT-1 was not going to be a trip class.

At the end of the day, it is Tamiya's decision who to allow to compete in which classes and the driver and their family who is staking their conscience and their reputation if they are knowingly skirting the rules.

Good luck in whichever class you race.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dick Dillinger View Post
Does the Peak PowerFlo 4000mAh 7.4v Lipo Battery out perform last years Orion 3400 7.4 Lipo?
Yes, by a bunch
Old 08-16-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
Yes, by a bunch
Thanks Granpa!
Old 08-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

I fell alot more confident with the GT3 car, the F1 was just to difficult for me to consistently drive, the car was on edge most of the time.
Are you serious? I guess you made it look great then, cause your car always looked like it was on rails
Old 08-16-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by superspeed View Post
what's the c rating on those packs you mentioned? the higher c one will be better because it can provide higher current.

30C.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.