Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I predict 5% chance of rain
100% chance of fun
its 109 deg right now in Riverside... hopefully its cooler in the OC for the weekend.

stay hydrated tomorrow guys. dont want anyone passing out from the heat.

good luck to all the racers.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
its 109 deg right now in Riverside... hopefully its cooler in the OC for the weekend.

stay hydrated tomorrow guys. dont want anyone passing out from the heat.

good luck to all the racers.
It's about 72 deg here right now.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Good Luck to all the Mini Masters running the Enduro tomorrow!

Just remember to have fun too.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I was at the track between 11 and 2, ran a couple times, melted the solder in my connector due to heat. We left early and my real cars temp gauge was indicating 110 dezgreezzz. Keep hydrated with H2O and with wet towel on your necks and have fun tomorrow. And if you see an aluminum folding chair with a small table on the side please don't take it home, I left it there. give it to max or Timmy and they will keep it for me. thank you.
Old 07-18-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default So?

OK guys, it's Sunday morning here in PA at the beach (ambient temp. 76 Deg. F) and I haven't had my RC fix. What are the Mini results? Did the "Mini Superteam" dominate again, was there an underdog or dark horse that pulled it out, or did Big Sponsorship Money take control? I saw Izzy's post, so who else/what else melted from the heat? And did SirSwift wind up asleep under a stripper again? Inquiring minds thousands of miles away want to know.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

It was an EPIC race! There were fast reliable cars, fast unreliable cars, teams that went from the front to the back, back to the front, and every other possible permutation. Six hours is a loooong time.

It was hot, but not devastatingly so.

Nobody's posting yet because we're all physically exhausted.

I don't know the results well enough to post except that my team, Brooker Tracker #2, came in 8th. We were running a solid 6th until we stripped a gear in the tranny and lost two places while changing it.

I'm sure the full results will be up soon.

I have pics to post as well as soon as I pull them off the camera.

And a HUGE thanks to everyone involved in holding this race!

We can't wait for the next one!

Last edited by reenmachine; 07-18-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
By the way Shermanator Bring those 20 crisp $1 dollar bills on Sat so when our team beats you we can head straight to Fritz's 2.

Uhhmmmmm WHAT?!?!?!... U need to go back to Fritz and work the Pole for a few hours... I WANT MY MONEY!!! PayUp SUCKA!!
Old 07-18-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up Big Thanks..

...goes out to Roger and TAMIYA for putting on this event...

I gotta personally thank our Team Captain Danny Eggard for inviting me to play with his AWESOME M05, it was primo!!!!.. good to have Big Fill come out of retirement and showing his wheel skills.. and our Battery-Daddy John 'JP' Peterson for keeping the juice flowing, hes still got it..

Also to the competitors, good hard fun racing.. good battles all the way down the board..

Team SanDiego Racers.. 2010 Mini 6-hour Enduro Champs
Old 07-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

sounds exciting, wish i could have played... more!
Old 07-18-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Well, you've heard from the winners, so I thought an interesting contrast might be to hear from someone on the team that finished dead last. We qualified 6th with no "A" main caliber drivers, so the car was very quick. However, we finished on our 4th set of gears and 3rd motor. 2+ hours in the pits did not help our chances any.

In spite of all that frustration, it was great fun. A big thank you to Tamiya for putting on this event and a special thank you to Roger for organizing it. Also an apology to those I may driven through in my driving stints trying to crawl out of the cellar.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Granpa
Well, you've heard from the winners, so I thought an interesting contrast might be to hear from someone on the team that finished dead last. We qualified 6th with no "A" main caliber drivers, so the car was very quick. However, we finished on our 4th set of gears and 3rd motor. 2+ hours in the pits did not help our chances any.

In spite of all that frustration, it was great fun. A big thank you to Tamiya for putting on this event and a special thank you to Roger for organizing it. Also an apology to those I may driven through in my driving stints trying to crawl out of the cellar.
Interesting. The pace of our car had me questioning our decision to run a box stock 540J in the interest of reliability, but we ran the entire race on one motor. Our experience was the opposite of yours -- we qualified 13th but were running a solid 6th purely out of consistency and reliability. The car got faster and faster as the day wore on, right up to the point where the gears went at hour 5 with the repair dropping us back to 8th.

We started the day on new 60D B's. The rears lasted the whole race and the fronts were splitting when the gears went. All we had to replace them with was kit box treads.

Other than that the car worked perfectly all day. Standard gear-diff M05 with bearings, universals, and TRF shocks. The Tekin FX hummed along all day without a hiccup.

It was amazing to see the guys up front running a sprint-race pace for 1000+ laps. Mad props to them for having speed and reliability!
Old 07-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default Missing out

Well this sort of fills in the gaps for me. I would really like to hear more details, smack talk, suggestions to SirSwift of his need to do more Pole-dancing and more. It sounds like it was stinking hot, but fun. I really wish I could have been there. Granpa, sorry to hear of your team's mechanical woes. I can tell you if I'd been there for ya, you wouldn't have spent 2 and 1/2 hours in the pits. Take care, all.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
Well this sort of fills in the gaps for me. I would really like to hear more details, smack talk, suggestions to SirSwift of his need to do more Pole-dancing and more. It sounds like it was stinking hot, but fun. I really wish I could have been there. Granpa, sorry to hear of your team's mechanical woes. I can tell you if I'd been there for ya, you wouldn't have spent 2 and 1/2 hours in the pits. Take care, all.
Actually it was only a little over 2 hours, but that was a moot point after about 30 min.

Check your e-mails
Old 07-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

I was on SoCal Mini's driving the yellow/orange #7. We had a blast, got in a little over 1000 laps and only one time where we were off the the track for about 10 minutes trouble shooting a drive train issue. Our car wasn't the fastest but it did handle well. We change batteries and drivers every 20 minutes and just tried to keep it on its wheels. We finished 5th and had run there most of the day.

Thanks to all the organizers and participants.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Only FIVE DAYS until the Glen Burnie, MD TCS EVENT!!!
NO RPM LIMIT ON SILVER CAN MOTORS!!!

FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!! FIVE DAYS!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.