Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree818Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 07-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Bill,
I agree that the regional events are understaffed, however if every racer checked their tires when they check in at the event, and there was a way to mark tires that would only take a quick glance in tech, it would not be a big deal. IMO you could allow the guys that make the A and have to run triple A's to check another set of tires, with a forfeiture of their qualifying position as a penalty. No doubt this would take a bit to get it running smooth, but I think it is doable
I don't see it happening at a regional.
Would enjoy it for the Nationals!

GT3 Memphis I used the same set all weekend that included multiple practices and the mains, no real ill effects, not even A blister in 103 deg heat. Could a new set made me faster in GT3, possibly, guess that will be my thing for next year.

GT2 with the speeds, I bounced between 3 sets all weekend, not being like minimadman, I did not reserve a new set for the mains. I needed it, I took the best tires out of two sets and those were my main tires.

F1, mini and spec would mean more costs on tires that last a long time.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Roger, could you post the schedule for the Enduro????
Old 07-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Roger, could you post the schedule for the Enduro????
Here you go Grandpa -

8:00 am track opens
10:00 am race starts
6 hours later My team Wins
Somewhere between 8-10 am will be the following
Drivers Meeting - 20 Min
Two sets of Practice - 8 teams for 30 min then the next 8 Teams
I beleive a 5 min race to set grid ( 2-16 we TQ ) and driving positions
SMACK TALK for 10 min
Rebuttle Smack Talk 20 min
Smoke Break 5 Min

Hope this helps
Old 07-13-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Here you go Grandpa -

Drivers Meeting - 20 Min
SMACK TALK for 10 min
Smoke Break 5 Min

Hope this helps
???????

The official Tamiya page says the following:

Tamiya America track gates will open at 7:00 am.
Open practice 7:00 am to 8:45 am.
Qualifying race 9:15 am.
9:40 am Drivers meeting.
10:00 am Race Starts... and concludes 6 hours later.

Which is it?

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/fe...article-id=405
Old 07-13-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

The schedule is as follows:

Tamiya America track gates will open at 7:00 am.
Open practice 7:00 am to 8:45 am.
Qualifying race 9:15 am.
8:50 am Drivers meeting.
10:00 am Race Starts... and concludes 6 hours later.

I am going to have the drivers meeting BEFORE Qualifying because it makes more sense. Practice is open from 7am till 8:45. I want to explain everything to everyone, answer questions, etc. during the drivers meeting and I think it makes more sense to do that BEFORE qualifying starts.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
There's a huge hurdle to doing anything like this at a regional event....MANPOWER! The two regional races I attended this year had a very loose tech, primarily because of a lack of manpower. I saw over-capacity batteries, 24mm tires in spec, and several other violations which went undetected or unenforced. (FYI, I didn't see it as a game changer, so I just kept quiet and enjoyed the racing). If you added a rule like a tire tech, my guess would be it would not be enforced at several venues. So is that fair to the guy playing by the rules?

Hey, I'm all for saving money like the next guy. At regional events I usually use 2-3 run tires during the heats, and only put new shoes on for the main. The only place where a tire limit makes sense to me is the Nationals at Aliso.
I agree manpower is the biggest issue. However, some additional food for thought.

Why have a spec tire / insert combo at a regional ? Why not let locals use their insert of choice, their tires and rims up ? I just bought a new FF03 kit that has the white 5-spoke rims (and no tires). If I bought that kit next year, then I could not race a Tamiya race with the rims my kit came with ?

Tire compound - So what does one do when they are racing at a TCS race and the weather is cold ? If B3 is the spec tire, no A's are allowed. Is it really more fun to see a pile up in the first tight turn because everyone is on cold tires sliding around ? With GT-1 and GT-2 speeds, it could easily happen.

Teching the tires - Okay, I have to throw this out only because when the top prize for some classes is a trip to Japan, people will look for any advantage they can whether it be the "best" body for that track or tire sauce or their lucky underwear that always gains them 1/10th second a lap when they wear them. For the Nationals, only B3 tires are allowed. No B or B2's. Now, nobody in their right mind will run a B2 unless it is air temp of about 120F out so that just leaves B tires that some people still own. The Nat rules say "tires will be cut open for all A mains and suspect performances". Now, does someone really think a B or B2 tire will be a 1/2 second or more a lap better ? If you run a fresh set of tires in a qualifier and you TQ, will you have your tires cut open ? And then when they are legal, you get to throw away your set of 1-run tires ? And what if you planned to run 2 or even three qualifiers on that set of tires to save your new tires for the triple A mains ? Now you will have to use your tires you wanted to save for the mains in the qualifiers ? For the triple A mains, are the rims going to be marked each main for every car in all classes ? If not, run whateve you want in A1, only the winner of A1 needs to make sure they have "legal" tires in A2 and anyone with a chance of finishing in the top 4-5 better have "legal" tieres in A3. The idea is well intended, but it opens another can of worms as how do you properly police the rule and what kind of manpower does it take to police the rule.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR

Tire compound - So what does one do when they are racing at a TCS race and the weather is cold ? If B3 is the spec tire, no A's are allowed. Is it really more fun to see a pile up in the first tight turn because everyone is on cold tires sliding around ? With GT-1 and GT-2 speeds, it could easily happen.

You change your setup... Thats what GT2 and DEFINITELY GT1 is about.. Advanced Racers.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default .

Here you go Grandpa -

Drivers Meeting - 20 Min
SMACK TALK for 10 min
Smoke Break 5 Min

Hope this helps
you forgot the stripper for half time
Old 07-13-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

4 more days til the biggest, longest, most exciting Mini Coopper Enduro EVER. 16 teams approx. 50 drivers or more, expert drivers attending such as Fred Medel, Barry Baker, Brandon Koslosky, Lee Pahsel, Kevin Niino, Craig Richter, Jeremy Fellas. I know your saying WOW Brandon Koslosky? YEP. Dont miss out this Saturday at Tamiya. 1 Track 16 Cars and Drivers Absolute Mayhem is guranteed. May the most consistent man win!!!!

By the way Shermanator Bring those 20 crisp $1 dollar bills on Sat so when our team beats you we can head straight to Fritz's 2.

Hey Roger does the $20 per team include Donuts ?
Old 07-14-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Roger does the $20 per team include Donuts ?
Sure if you go to the Donut store and buy them yourself.

Last edited by RogerHewson; 07-14-2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes a pretzel
Old 07-15-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default SETUP AND PIT SPACES FOR THE M CHASSIS ENDURO ON SATURDAY

To everyone racing the enduro:

There is no reserving pit spots on Friday or anything like that. They are first come first serve. The track officially opens at 7AM, but Gary and I will be there closer to 6:30-6:45 to open the gates. The only person who has a spot reserved is Don Barry so he can park his van in the back corner where he normally does because he has the generator to power the timing and scoring. Without Don Barry this could not be possible. Everyone give him a thank you for donating his generator and his time for helping us out. There is pitting against the fence on the back straight, BUT THERE IS TO BE NO PUTTING CARS DOWN OR PICKING THEM UP ON THE TRACK THERE!!!! All cars must enter and exit the track from the pits we will put up. I will cover this in the drivers meeting. I am so excited about this years enduro it will be a blast!! See everyone Saturday morning!!

Roger

Last edited by RogerHewson; 07-15-2010 at 08:23 AM. Reason: It is really early....
Old 07-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default GLEN BURNIE TCS REGISTRATION

For everyone who is has tried or is going to register for the TCS Race at the Glenn Burnie, MD Hobbytown the registration is up, and working now. We had some issues with the link. It works now. Get to registering!!
Old 07-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

who is going to win tomorrow? any input, predictions, etc.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I predict 5% chance of rain
100% chance of fun
Old 07-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Default We want to see it go down!

What are the chances of having Live Streaming for this M-Chassis Enduo Race! I'd love to watch this Race. Maybe you could call the guys from therczone to come out and do their Magic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.