Old 07-09-2010, 06:16 PM
B3x
Tech Adept

Is the Aliso track open tomorrow?
Old 07-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Did anybody happen to get a set of Tamiya sedan pre-mounts to test and try?
Jeff, I don't know if you have seen the rules since the 6/17/10 revision, but there are no Pre-mounts any more for sedan..............
Old 07-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Default Last hurrah for tire-tuning

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Jeff, I don't know if you have seen the rules since the 6/17/10 revision, but there are no Pre-mounts any more for sedan..............
For this year, that is. I have been assured by a Very Reliable Source that next year in the sedan classes, we should plan on using pre-mounts. But for now, pick your favorite inserts and dial in, boys.
Maybe now is a good time to start an argument about limiting sets of tires. I'd imagine it's too late for this year, but next year I'd sort of like to see a rule limiting the numbers of tires we can use. I'm actually one of the guys who can afford to throw money at tires, but I'd be more pleased if we had to marshal our tire resources. I think it'd lead to better racing, too.
Gentlemen, start your arguments...
Old 07-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Thanks for the update (I did) was asking as for 2011 interest since that will be the tire of choice for everything except carpet.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
I'd sort of like to see a rule limiting the numbers of tires we can use.
Actually I like that concept, especially after watching real sized race cars do that. Although that option sounds like a Nats thing.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A-Ko
Actually I like that concept, especially after watching real sized race cars do that. Although that option sounds like a Nats thing.
Not trying to start a fight or anything, but why does stuff like this have to be limited to the Nats? I understand that there are logistical issues with trying to do it at regionals, but if everyone knows and understands up front that they have to check their tires in when they check in for the event, then how much of a hassle is it?
You just need to come up with some way of marking the tires that cannot be transferred from one set to another, and be able to change the color or something from event to event.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Not trying to start a fight or anything, but why does stuff like this have to be limited to the Nats? I understand that there are logistical issues with trying to do it at regionals, but if everyone knows and understands up front that they have to check their tires in when they check in for the event, then how much of a hassle is it?
You just need to come up with some way of marking the tires that cannot be transferred from one set to another, and be able to change the color or something from event to event.
There's a huge hurdle to doing anything like this at a regional event....MANPOWER! The two regional races I attended this year had a very loose tech, primarily because of a lack of manpower. I saw over-capacity batteries, 24mm tires in spec, and several other violations which went undetected or unenforced. (FYI, I didn't see it as a game changer, so I just kept quiet and enjoyed the racing). If you added a rule like a tire tech, my guess would be it would not be enforced at several venues. So is that fair to the guy playing by the rules?

Hey, I'm all for saving money like the next guy. At regional events I usually use 2-3 run tires during the heats, and only put new shoes on for the main. The only place where a tire limit makes sense to me is the Nationals at Aliso.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but I have the following TCS items that I like to sell off since I won't be making the Nats this year:

Brand new B3 tires w/6 spoke black rims (#53453 +2 offsets) I have two complete sets of these, not mounted up. $45 shipped (for both sets)

51359 Xanavi Nismo GT-R body (IFS) $20 shipped
51306 Raybring NSX 2007 body (IFS) $20 shipped
and I have a 53604 racing wing to throw in if you pick up both bodies

Also a 51195 2004 NSX body (wide) $20 shipped. This I was saving for RCGT racing originally.

Please PM if interested. Thanks everyone

Steve
Old 07-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Hi Guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but I have the following TCS items that I like to sell off since I won't be making the Nats this year:

Brand new B3 tires w/6 spoke black rims (#53453 +2 offsets) I have two complete sets of these, not mounted up. $45 shipped (for both sets)

51359 Xanavi Nismo GT-R body (IFS) $20 shipped
51306 Raybring NSX 2007 body (IFS) $20 shipped
and I have a 53604 racing wing to throw in if you pick up both bodies

Also a 51195 2004 NSX body (wide) $20 shipped. This I was saving for RCGT racing originally.

Please PM if interested. Thanks everyone

Steve
Steve you have PM
Old 07-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tsquare
Steve you have PM
PM replied.

Sale pending on all items (except for the wide NSX)

Steve
Old 07-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
There's a huge hurdle to doing anything like this at a regional event....MANPOWER! The two regional races I attended this year had a very loose tech, primarily because of a lack of manpower. I saw over-capacity batteries, 24mm tires in spec, and several other violations which went undetected or unenforced. (FYI, I didn't see it as a game changer, so I just kept quiet and enjoyed the racing). If you added a rule like a tire tech, my guess would be it would not be enforced at several venues. So is that fair to the guy playing by the rules?

Hey, I'm all for saving money like the next guy. At regional events I usually use 2-3 run tires during the heats, and only put new shoes on for the main. The only place where a tire limit makes sense to me is the Nationals at Aliso.
Like Tom said pre-mount spec tires are use so inspection will be a breeze because the spec tires are mounted on a one of a kind rims. Unless there is a way to dye the rims to look like the spec rims it will be almost impossible to dupicate.
Just my 2$
Old 07-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Last edited by minimadman2003; 07-12-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamstrc
PM replied.

Sale pending on all items (except for the wide NSX)

Steve

Pm and money sent - Thanks Steve
Old 07-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys,

Thanks, all tires and bodies are sold

Good luck everyone at the Nats this year

Steve
Old 07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimadman2003

Bill,
I agree that the regional events are understaffed, however if every racer checked their tires when they check in at the event, and there was a way to mark tires that would only take a quick glance in tech, it would not be a big deal. IMO you could allow the guys that make the A and have to run triple A's to check another set of tires, with a forfeiture of their qualifying position as a penalty. No doubt this would take a bit to get it running smooth, but I think it is doable

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.