Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree828Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by linger
For the right price, I can build "1" battery that may last the entire race. Just give me a mini body and I'll fill it with battery. LOL!
If i had the money i'd be all over that, Sir-Battery-Guru!!..
Old 06-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
shame to be once again be on wrong coast. 6hrs of mini's. lotta tires there i'm sure!

R
Tire use will depend on who wants to play rabbit. At the last 6hr mini enduro, we ran the S-grip radilas and used one set of rears for the entire race and used only two sets for the front on a M03.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)
Default TCS Regional HOF - updated through #154

I have updated the TCS regional hall of fame for results through race #154. I also received a lot of older race results back to race #1 (still missing 42, 47-64, 66 (GT2 only), 68 , and 76, 77). If anyone has results for these races, I would appreciate it. I summarized based on race wins, podiums, etc. The main critera for making the list was a minumum of 3 wins or 10 podiums. Sorry in advance if I missed anyone on the list.

Thanks to Jeff Stevens for sending much of the older race results.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-hof-154.jpg  
Old 06-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nice job Eric but I need to add myself LOL. I have in Mini -
4 - 1st place finishes in
3 - 2nd place finishes
1 - 3rd place finish
4 - TQ's in Mini

So when do I get my damn shirt that says I made the EW List
Old 06-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ewippler
I have updated the TCS regional hall of fame for results through race #154. I also received a lot of older race results back to race #1 (still missing 42, 47-64, 66 (GT2 only), 68 , and 76, 77). If anyone has results for these races, I would appreciate it. I summarized based on race wins, podiums, etc. The main critera for making the list was a minumum of 3 wins or 10 podiums. Sorry in advance if I missed anyone on the list.

Thanks to Jeff Stevens for sending much of the older race results.
Happy to help your effort. Although the missing race results I miiiight be able to dig up on the distant future. Dig is pretty much a literal term...

I look at some of my past TCS races and tried to figure how many races should or could have been wins to improve my standing, it seems 5 was the magic number. Although I wish the number was 24 . I should have raced easier classes instead of harder ones. Seems with GT1 in the early days I always had a fast car, either dumped, hung a brush or was looooosey goosey.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

No T-shirts or rewards for making the list, other than the Tamiya awarded swag.

Again, sorry if I missed some people. The results are by no means 100% complete. I even found cases were results were available, but still missing a class or two from a given race. TQ, Best of Show were spotty at best, especially in the 1990s. Tamiya has been very good posting from 2002 on ward so we almost have a modern era (qualifiers and main event) and the begining era (best 2 out of 3).

I also excluded the national results. Reason being is for the last 10 yrs, it is its own race, even though some of the early Nats actually have a race #. Also, I personally only attended one nats, so my record would be pretty poor and I wouldn't make my own list ...

Anyway, I sent it to the boys at Tamiya USA to look at. Not sure if they want to post it officially, but I will try to update it periodically as time and future race results allow.

Enjoy

Erik
Old 07-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Will the Tamiya track in A.V. be open tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

YES!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
YES!
Thanks Max I will see you tomorrow.
Tiko
Old 07-03-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Shameless commercial plug

How, all. Wanted to share a useful bit of tech that came my way today thanks to Steve Valenzuela over at R1 Wurks. He brought by and shared with me a new motor-fan with specialized mount, that's especially useful for the FF03 and might be good for the Minis too. The fan has an encircling-clamp-type mount and fits well on the end of the Johnson-motor can, and into the space below the front bulkhead on the FF03. It positions the fan right over the end of the motor can, so the big breeze blows right through the can. It was easily worth 15 degrees or more of motor temp today, and with a gear change and the fan, I was actually able to keep up with RtypeC and OSherman. Until my diff melted. So while I am eagerly hoping for the arrival of some sort of Tamiya aluminum diff halves, and ordering replacement parts, I can definitely recommend the R1 Wurks fan. Hope these pics make sense.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-motor-fan-01.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-motor-fan-02.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-motor-fan-03.jpg   Tamiya Championship Series-motor-fan-05.jpg  
Old 07-04-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Tamiya open Monday

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
How, all. Wanted to share a useful bit of tech that came my way today thanks to Steve Valenzuela over at R1 Wurks. He brought by and shared with me a new motor-fan with specialized mount, that's especially useful for the FF03 and might be good for the Minis too. The fan has an encircling-clamp-type mount and fits well on the end of the Johnson-motor can, and into the space below the front bulkhead on the FF03. It positions the fan right over the end of the motor can, so the big breeze blows right through the can. It was easily worth 15 degrees or more of motor temp today, and with a gear change and the fan, I was actually able to keep up with RtypeC and OSherman. Until my diff melted. So while I am eagerly hoping for the arrival of some sort of Tamiya aluminum diff halves, and ordering replacement parts, I can definitely recommend the R1 Wurks fan. Hope these pics make sense.
Tom,
His stuff "Wurks" good ! HaHaHaHa Steve knows what the racers need and that's because he is a racer also.
Keep the " COOL" parts coming Steve!
Not to change the subject, want to let everybody know that the Tamiya track will be open Monday around 9 ish!!! But, make sure nobody tells the Hickman brothers!!
Old 07-04-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

you have skills Tommy-boy... no lil fan alone makes you THAT fast... But im sure the Fan will allow you to have BRAKES at the end of a hard run.. 8 hot minutes of hard running, equals brake fade.. lol

fun as usual...

had a weird handling issue at the end of the day with my FF03... got the nasty groove in my diff outdrives... Aluminum, Steel or carbon reinforced bits would be wonderful... although, i am using the stock dogbones. that maay have something to do with it...

fun times all-in-all...
Old 07-05-2010, 12:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default The weakest link is still the nut holding the wheel

Originally Posted by OSherman
you have skills Tommy-boy... no lil fan alone makes you THAT fast... But im sure the Fan will allow you to have BRAKES at the end of a hard run.. 8 hot minutes of hard running, equals brake fade.. lol

fun as usual...

had a weird handling issue at the end of the day with my FF03... got the nasty groove in my diff outdrives... Aluminum, Steel or carbon reinforced bits would be wonderful... although, i am using the stock dogbones. that maay have something to do with it...

fun times all-in-all...
O, you're very kind. Always a pleasure to try to keep up with youse. I wish I had an outdrive-grooving (groovy outdrive?) issue. My diff kept slipping, and I took it apart at the end of the day; found bits of gray, molten plastic among the diff balls on the diff gear. Even after going over the outdrives carefully with a clean X-Acto knife--to which the diff rings had fused themselves, BTW--the diff wouldn't assemble correctly, and the outdrives wobbled in the bearings when I reassembled the gearbox. Also, today at TA a certain fast FF driver who I won't name had his diff give up after running with some very quick GT3's. Too bad, as his car was really fast in a straight line.
A thought, O: you think the dogbone "paddles", that go on the ends of the 415/416 CV's, would fit the dogbones and cut wear/eliminate slop? They've helped on the M-05 diffs. Might make a good cheap fix.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

O, you're very kind. Always a pleasure to try to keep up with youse. I wish I had an outdrive-grooving (groovy outdrive?) issue. My diff kept slipping, and I took it apart at the end of the day; found bits of gray, molten plastic among the diff balls on the diff gear. Even after going over the outdrives carefully with a clean X-Acto knife--to which the diff rings had fused themselves, BTW--the diff wouldn't assemble correctly, and the outdrives wobbled in the bearings when I reassembled the gearbox. Also, today at TA a certain fast FF driver who I won't name had his diff give up after running with some very quick GT3's. Too bad, as his car was really fast in a straight line.
A thought, O: you think the dogbone "paddles", that go on the ends of the 415/416 CV's, would fit the dogbones and cut wear/eliminate slop? They've helped on the M-05 diffs. Might make a good cheap fix.
That is an interesting idea on the paddles.. very interesting.. i've never used paddles ever, but the concept sounds promising especialy for these soft diff-halves.. as long as the paddle doesnt interfere with the diff-nut..

Does this 'fast straight-liners' name start with a C? lol
Old 07-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Default Deceptive letters

Originally Posted by OSherman
That is an interesting idea on the paddles.. very interesting.. i've never used paddles ever, but the concept sounds promising especialy for these soft diff-halves.. as long as the paddle doesnt interfere with the diff-nut..

Does this 'fast straight-liners' name start with a C? lol
I'm thinking that paddles might not interfere with the diff nut, assuming one leaves out the rubber O-ring or pink neopreme stoppers that the instructions often call for, when using loose dog-bones. Believe me, I've had a few clearance issues that way before. So that way, you'd just need stoppers on the axle end of the dogbones. I'll admit I don't know if the paddles will clear the plastic outdrive slots, but only one way to find out, right? And if the plastic's already grooved, then it's Dremel-and-cutting-wheel time.
The "fast straight-liner" has a name starting with a T. I didn't want to say their name unless they want to reveal their secret identity.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.