Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree805Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is that CharlieBs new project?? Might be time for my first road-trip in a long time... Lol
Old 06-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA

Tell us more.
its located off 55fwy and Tustin. behind Walmart. The street name is Canal.. dont know the exact address. There's a soccer park/track and a golf course there along with the track.

Originally Posted by OSherman
Is that CharlieBs new project?? Might be time for my first road-trip in a long time... Lol
yup.. CB's new project. it opened last sat.

More info here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...l-raceway.html
Old 06-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
its located off 55fwy and Tustin. behind Walmart. The street name is Canal.. dont know the exact address. There's a soccer park/track and a golf course there along with the track.

yup.. CB's new project. it opened last sat.

More info here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...l-raceway.html
Thanks, that's the info I was lookin for.

Raced BCR before, glad to see it coming back to life.

See you soon Charlie!

Post up some hours as soon as you can!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
say it isnt so..
Tamiya Aliso track is closed this Saturday the 26th. They are repaving the asphalt area outside the track, behind drivers stand, pit area and where people park / pit along the back straight.

That gives you an extra week to get those electronics installed neat and tidy.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
I too have an RS that I will end up using in my brushed silver can for GT-3.Talk about a redundant combination but at least I don't have to go out and buy a Tekin FX just to run the finals. I guess even if I did I could still put it in my mini.
I know exactly where "O" is coming from. All we want is to compete at a level playing field without buying the latest greatest every few months just to keep it equal and let the better driver prevail.
I might be somewhat to blame for Fred's revised edition. I let him know that for my own selfish reasons that I didn't want a spec tire and spec esc and motor. So, little did I know that I talked my way out of competing for the championship in GT-2 by maybe causing Fred to re-think his decision on what is the more equal class to go to Japan. I myself probably didn't have much of a chance anyway to make it to the winners circle but I felt confident that I could have gotten far with a little luck!
Unfortunately, I feel sorry for a lot of the GT-2 drivers that spent the long hours preparing and practicing with their set-up to be as ready as possible to have a shot at the trip to you know where!
You see now what's going to happen is all the what I would call expert class drivers are now going to overwhelm the lets say sportsman class drivers for lack of a better term in GT-3.
I don't think thats what Fred intended to see happen but that "is what's going to happen".
Now that myself have tried running GT-3 I now have to change my set-up because you have to run a one-way or diff up front to keep your speed up in the corners because the motor rpm issue. I really dont want to spend anymore money or time to do that so it looks like mini for me!
So, "in my opinion" there are a lot of drivers that deserve a shot at the title but are now forced to switch classes and set-up with only 7 Saturday's left and probably have to buy more equipment to be at that high level to make it to the "A" main and have a shot at the " trip to you know where!"
just my 2$
Actually I was hoping GT2 was the Japan class so I can run GT3.
It had something to do with getting experience with winning a triple A format without the big ticket crazys. Everybody jumping into GT3 now would not make me run GT2 for the same principle. I feel the rules are best suited for me in GT3 for 2010 if/when I make the decision to come.

As far as locals having an advantage maybe they do. If I REALLY felt they did, I would not ever bother to come. There were many Nats won by out-of-towners some from Wisconsin, Washington and even Canada. I do think Lee could have won if he still lived in Wisconsin, it might have taken a year or two extra. Nobody from Illinois, which I hope will change.

GT2 in Memphis a local was faster than everybody else, I was 2nd, then there were many guys 3rd fastest. Luck did help me a little with worn out tires. Perhaps if I had another day and mounted new tires, I would have gotten that 1st fastest time.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default ONE MORE SPOT!!!!!!!!

Ok everyone, time for a short break from the TCS nats talk. There is ONLY ONE SPOT left for the 2010 M Chassis Enduro. We currently have 15 teams, which means 15 cars all on the track together for 6 hours straight. Who is going to be the 16th and final team to sign up? When registration closes, I will come back here and let everyone know. We have limited the race to 16 teams because of the space on the drivers stand. I might even muster up enough motivation to list the teams and roster here for all to see.
I have one last thing, I will discuss this in the drivers meeting too, your qualifying position will determine the order in which you get to choose your spot on the drivers stand. I.E. TQ will get first choice on your spot on the driver stand. 2nd chooses next, then 3rd and so on. I did this to make qualifying a little more meaningful and important to the race. Lastly I have agreed to make Brandon the trophy girl. He has been asking for a while and he nagged enough for me to give in. He said he has been "dying" to try the new wig he has at home. Any more questions, call me at Tamiya.

Roger Hewson
Tamiya America
Old 06-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerHewson
Lastly I have agreed to make Brandon the trophy girl. He has been asking for a while and he nagged enough for me to give in. He said he has been "dying" to try the new wig he has at home. Any more questions, call me at Tamiya.

Roger Hewson
Tamiya America
Roger Thanks so much I am honored!!! I will be sure to bring something nice to wear like maybe your underwear that you left at my house last night!! Or even more provacative since you wear granny panties I will wear that sheeps outfit you brought over a few weeks ago!!! NAAAAAAH
Old 06-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

The Sheep outfit will work just fine. Can you drive in that? BTW I thought the granny panties were just between us.

Roger
Old 06-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Default ENTRIES ARE CLOSED FOR THE M CHASIS ENDURO!!!!!

We have just received our last entry for the 2010 M Chassis Enduro!! We have a full 16 team field. I will put together a list of the teams and members later and post it up here.

Roger
Old 06-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Roger Thanks so much I am honored!!! I will be sure to bring something nice to wear like maybe your underwear that you left at my house last night!! Or even more provacative since you wear granny panties I will wear that sheeps outfit you brought over a few weeks ago!!! NAAAAAAH
The Sheep outfit will work just fine. Can you drive in that? BTW I thought the granny panties were just between us.

Roger
Ewe (get it?)

where the men are men and the sheep are scared
Old 06-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

... Lastly I have agreed to make Brandon the trophy girl.
Tamiya's budget cuts have hit us again!
Despite the "prize", I'm looking forward to my first enduro
Old 06-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dread Pirate
I'm looking foraed to my fist enduro
I hope that's a typo
Old 06-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

fist enduro

Old 06-23-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Bring in the gimp!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
fist enduro

Ouch. You guys just jump on something with no mercy. Of course, he did write fist enduro..... I guess pirates get more lonely at sea than I thought.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.