Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Racing Forum
Tamiya Championship Series >

Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree830Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 06-15-2010, 06:48 PM
  #13606  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (3)
 
tpczx6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fremont CA
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Advil
TCS Regional #155 Hobby Town USA Fremont

Results can be found here: Results

Thank you to everyone that came out. We had a great time. Hope to see you next year!
Any Photos from the event????
tpczx6 is offline  
Old 06-15-2010, 10:42 PM
  #13607  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,195
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Bummer.

Guess I just didn't want to believe the inevitable.

No F103s at the 2010 Nationals

I liked the 2 classes running. Coulda run F103 foam and F104 rubber and let just the F104 go to Japan?
I'll bet that in Japan those guys are bummin on no F103 too.

Also gotta buy a battery and a motor this year.

Unlike the mini class which impounds the motors, the F1 guys get to go F with the motors to reach or drop down to the 12,500 limit?
When Tamiya picks the motors, will they be close so if we don't/can't check em or F with em they will be in the "safe" zone after we just run em and keep em clean?
Will they check em for us if we ask?
Cuda,

I'll save you a pit spot at the proline race at OCRC

Steve
teamstrc is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 08:21 AM
  #13608  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (34)
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,908
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Steve but I'm thinkin that having won an F60 and having to buy a battery/motor combo is a decent balance so I'm thinkin I just need to focus on gettin this F104 as dialed as possible.
So far it feels pretty good, easy enough to drive, just hope I can get it around quick enough to be competitive.

Oh wait, is there gonna be handout tires for this class too?
If not, I better get to buying up everything I can afford cuz I've only got about 20 runs on my 1st set and they are starting to show wear already.

Friggin silver can motors are brutal on tire wear.
I want kit fronts and option rears
F N CUDA is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 08:27 AM
  #13609  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 1,885
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Any Photos from the event????
I uploaded photos to Tamiya yesterday and posted two or three at rcracing.
Advil is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:33 AM
  #13610  
Tech Adept
 
RogerHewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 182
Default 2010 M Chassis 6 Hour Enduro!!!!!!

There are only 2 spots left for July's 6 hour M-Chassis enduro!!! Looks like we are going to have a full field this year!!!If you want to enter and have not finalized your team, you can make changes after you have registered just make sure your team still meets the requirements after any adjustments you make. See you at the track in July!!!

Roger
Tamiya America
RogerHewson is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:42 AM
  #13611  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vallejo, ca
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Any Photos from the event????
I've uploaded a video of the 1st spec qualifier to youtube. I can't post a link but if you search "TCS 155" you should find it. I also have video of the 2nd spec qualifier and the GT1 main I should have up soon.
beast_C_A_T is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 12:38 PM
  #13612  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default FF03s are here

FF03s arrived at Speedtech today.

www.speedtechrc.com
Hebiki is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 01:10 PM
  #13613  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
over gear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,160
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

.
over gear is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 04:47 PM
  #13614  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
SirSwiftAlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SOCAL the fastest mini cooper guys in the nation
Posts: 862
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racenut123
No..unfortunately for the Norcal guys,this is year 3 of the SirSwiftalot domination.I am coming out of retirement to show them what needs to be done.Brandon was head and shoulders over everyone.He deserved the win.And yes,Brandon, I just purchased my mo5 this morning.
John thanks for the compliment I don't know if I would call it domination as much as I would call it the determination to find a setup and thats what I did. Ken, Troy and Frazier Frazzy were fast and even Tim had a really good motor and at one point in the main I got around him and he pulled a good 6-10 cars back up on me. Art told me that my motor dynoed out at 11,600 at 5volts and something like 16,900 -17,100 after the main. So that goes to show that it had alot to do with setup. I can't wait for you to get down here for Nats its always been a pleasure running against you and when I find a setup for the spec tire I will be more then happy to share it with you if you like. BTW make sure you build your car in the short version thats what everyone runs down here is the short car and its faster then the mid and long See you in August
SirSwiftAlot is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 PM
  #13615  
Tech Master
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 1,660
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
John thanks for the compliment I don't know if I would call it domination as much as I would call it the determination to find a setup and thats what I did. Ken, Troy and Frazier Frazzy were fast and even Tim had a really good motor and at one point in the main I got around him and he pulled a good 6-10 cars back up on me. Art told me that my motor dynoed out at 11,600 at 5volts and something like 16,900 -17,100 after the main. So that goes to show that it had alot to do with setup. I can't wait for you to get down here for Nats its always been a pleasure running against you and when I find a setup for the spec tire I will be more then happy to share it with you if you like. BTW make sure you build your car in the short version thats what everyone runs down here is the short car and its faster then the mid and long See you in August
So your setup gained you 5500 rpms???

Swifty, you really should try to get to Memphis next year. If you mastered the NorCal track, then the Memphis surface will be right up your alley!!!!
minimadman2003 is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 05:30 PM
  #13616  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (110)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,300
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by minimadman2003

Swifty, you really should try to get to Memphis next year. If you mastered the NorCal track, then the Memphis surface will be right up your alley!!!!
That'd be awesome!!

On another note...any word if there will be a replacement for Trackside on the calendar next year??
Core Creations is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 05:41 PM
  #13617  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (26)
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,922
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Core Creations
That'd be awesome!!

On another note...any word if there will be a replacement for Trackside on the calendar next year??
you got time to paint? i posted in your thread. lmk.
Hebiki is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 05:48 PM
  #13618  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (110)
 
Core Creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Back in the booth
Posts: 6,300
Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)
Default

Absolutely, drop me a PM with what u need.
Originally Posted by Hebiki
you got time to paint? i posted in your thread. lmk.
Core Creations is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 06:20 PM
  #13619  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
414MPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 989
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Core Creations
That'd be awesome!!

On another note...any word if there will be a replacement for Trackside on the calendar next year??
I birdie told me there will be a Trackside Parking Lot TCS next year...

Hopefully it will be a bit later in the year or we will have to have the Drift Classic, snow drift that is...
414MPH is offline  
Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 PM
  #13620  
Tech Master
 
T.MARSHALL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,133
Default

Originally Posted by 414MPH
I birdie told me there will be a Trackside Parking Lot TCS next year...

Hopefully it will be a bit later in the year or we will have to have the Drift Classic, snow drift that is...
Snow Drift

Marty, You're the Man Dude.
T.MARSHALL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.