Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Great job, Jeff.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I like to call it retirement from all non TCS rc

It was great seeing u Bill.

As always the MSRA crew put on a fantastic race. Awesome layout, great traction and great racing. Great seeing everyone. We'll see about Nats....maybe try to redeem myself on the TA track!!
Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Thanks MSRA for a wonderful race weekend at the Memphis TCS! A smooth run event with plenty of Southern hospitality!!! I don't think anyone clocked the minis at the end of the straight, but some looked like GT2's w/Tekins.

Charlie Lydon continued his Memphis Mini Mastery and won one more time before he "retires" from TCS racing --- again.

Kudos also to Jeff Stevens for his GT2/GT3 back-to-back racing. A 2nd in GT3, followed immediately by a 1st in the 8 minute GT2 main.

Todd Marshall pulled double duty as well in the F1 classes. I can't remember exactly how he finished, but he had a stash of Tamiya goodies going home with him.

Hopefully someone can post the rest of the winners.

Last edited by Core Creations; 06-07-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

no videos?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hickmeister
Bruce and I will be there, flying in from the East. We will be doing F104 Rubber, who else if running F1? I know there is a huge F1 contingent in the Bay area? last year there were 2 heats of F103? Come on you F1 Fanatiacs come out and race? Heck we are traveling 2500 miles to get there and fliying out Sunday on the "Red Eye" I am sure if you want to go to Japan "The Nats in Aug/2010 @ Tamiya will be "F104 Rubber" to qualify??
John will you be using the "Super Zambony Sprayer" That is pretty cool sprayer and unreal traction! also will there be AC power or Generators to hook up to? and is there a "Get Ready Race on Saturday" when does it start?

Hope to see all the NorCal guys at the race?
Steve.

Hey Steve
Yes there will be a Saturday Race and the Super Zambony Sprayer #2 will be in full effect, Traction will be up as Wheather calls for bule skys and warm air so track will be off the hook. I will be running Mini again.
Tim C
Old 06-07-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Hey Steve
Yes there will be a Saturday Race and the Super Zambony Sprayer #2 will be in full effect, Traction will be up as Wheather calls for bule skys and warm air so track will be off the hook. I will be running Mini again.
Tim C
Is there going to be an RPM limit for silver can classes (F1, GT-3 and mini) ?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yes...I think this is imposed by Tamiya.Same as for nats.
Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Is there going to be an RPM limit for silver can classes (F1, GT-3 and mini) ?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tpczx6
Hey Steve
Tim C
Tim,
Looking forward to race with you and Ashby, Rose and the old gang again! just like the "old days of Norcal vs Socal 1/12th scale @ Campbell, Sheldons"
Do you know what time the track will be set up on Saturday?? and will there be AC Power available??
Steve
Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default tcs

here you go

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hobby Town Saturday Racing
Hobby Town USA Fremont -- Track opens at 9am. Racing to start about 11am. Race fees: $20 for your first class, $5 for your second. Novice entries are $10. Your first Novice Race is FREE! ROAR membership is required. If you are not a ROAR member you can sign up at the track. Come out and join in the fun!

from rcracing.com
Old 06-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A big Memphis thanks to the guys at MSRA for putting on yet another fantastic program- eight years now! Anybody who usesportable track equipment should get ahold of the guy who rebuilt their mobile drivers stand- best I've ever seen. And red.

As usual, we had an awesome display of driver skill. Charlie and Jimmie rolled in from Kansas ready to do business, and that they did- Charlie taking F104 Rubber and Mini, Jimmie taking home GT3 and 2nd in Mini. Both classy guys- not handsome, but classy

Todd Marshall snapped up the F103 win from Chance and also took home 2nd in F104. Neither class was that large, but some excellent driving skills displayed.

Ultimate Tip O' The Doctor's Hat, however, goes to Jeff Stevens (aka A-Ko) who really had it together for the GT3 and GT2 classes. He's been working on his chassis setup, motors, and driving all winter and it showed. Nice job!

Good luck to the guys at Fremont!
Old 06-08-2010, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

For any coming to the Fremont Stop,please feel free to bring your Rally cars.Will go by TCS rules,but its a silvercan class for the regional.See you guys this weekend.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
For any coming to the Fremont Stop,please feel free to bring your Rally cars.Will go by TCS rules,but its a silvercan class for the regional.See you guys this weekend.
Will rally be in addition to the two class limit or part of ?
Old 06-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great job done by the Memphis MSRA crew and excellent job on the red driver's stand! Thanks doc for the kind words and glad my motor's did not melt in a pile of goo. Seems like the season is so short, even though it was my 3rd TCS race of the year.

Looking forward to next year as well as a rematch with Jimmie for GT3 hopefully in Omaha.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Great job Jeff!

Doc, how did your mini run?

For those of you that have not heard, Tracksides last carpet race is this Sunday. They have sucumbed to evil dirt ways of the slash and are converting over to a dirt only program. Let's face it, the money is in dirt for now and business IS busness. We all hope the best for Trackside in the future, and who knows, maybe carpet will come back stronger in the not to distant future. It WAS a great run.

Anyway, if you can make it to the summer sizzler this Sunday for one last run on the carpet and a ton of bench racing, It would be nice to see as many of your faces as possible.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Marty:
Mini = 5th
GT3 = 4th
Old 06-09-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

Hi Marty,
Does this mean trackside will not run carpet for the summer or for good? Our local track now only runs stadium (started in fall of 2009), but another track sprung up that only runs onroad and oval (on the same night and same piece of carpet).

Great job Jeff!

FYI - I have compiled a list of race winners, podium finishes and TQs from what is posted on Tamiya's web site. I was curious this past year after Doc mentioned attending his 60th regional race. I will send a snap shot of the top 25-30 racers over TCS history. Just waiting for the results from Memphis before posting.

Erik

Originally Posted by 414MPH
Great job Jeff!

Doc, how did your mini run?

For those of you that have not heard, Tracksides last carpet race is this Sunday. They have sucumbed to evil dirt ways of the slash and are converting over to a dirt only program. Let's face it, the money is in dirt for now and business IS busness. We all hope the best for Trackside in the future, and who knows, maybe carpet will come back stronger in the not to distant future. It WAS a great run.

Anyway, if you can make it to the summer sizzler this Sunday for one last run on the carpet and a ton of bench racing, It would be nice to see as many of your faces as possible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.