Tamiya Championship Series

Like Tree822Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Old 05-24-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Enduro!

Originally Posted by GTRtuned
Hey Guys, I just built a Mo5 for the enduro race but I'm not too sure what body to run. I did like the way the Red bull mini looked. What were the bodies used that placed in the top 3 last week?

Suzuki Swift first, 2nd and third I believe. The new long wheel base Alpha Romeo isn't proven to be better as of yet. So come out on Saturday and we'll help set up your car.
Max
Old 05-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Suzuki Swift first, 2nd and third I believe. The new long wheel base Alpha Romeo isn't proven to be better as of yet. So come out on Saturday and we'll help set up your car.
Max
Cool! Thanks Max and Brandon. Just need to get a few more things and I'll be ready to run in a couple of weekends. See you guys soon...
Old 05-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Local TCS Racers...

Some of you might or might not know/remember Richard Smith (he raced F201 back in the day at TCS).. but he recently passed away from cancer.

There's a memorial race being held this sunday if you guys need to get your RC fix. proceeds will go to his family and his RC stuff will be auctioned off.

Info here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...rial-race.html

I thought this was a good cause to warrant a post in here. Hope no one minds.

Back to our regularly scheduled TCS programming.. Fred where's the nats rules?
Old 05-25-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerHewson
We updated the rules a little bit to clarify some stuff. Brandon you can't add Chris Lim to your team. Its 5 members per team. THE 5 MEMBER RULE INCLUDES ALL MEMBERS! MECHANICS, DRIVERS, PIT MEN, WHATEVER. IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS AS TO THE INTERPRETATIONS OF THE RULES, JUST ASK. I am not hard to get ahold of.I'm at Tamiya from 8 till 4 Monday through Friday. Just call. I will be happy to answer ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THE RULES. I am running the race. They are my rules. The rules say 5 members, not 5 drivers, and a mechanic. You have been warned. I'll be at West Coast racing mini this Tuesday for people who have questions too. Sign ups are already starting to fill up!! get your entry in!! Your entry form doesn't have Lees dad Brandon. We have added him per your post here. Now if you want that changed let me or Gary know.
Roger,

Do you have an updated list of teams for the event?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Some of you might or might not know/remember Richard Smith (he raced F201 back in the day at TCS).. but he recently passed away from cancer.

There's a memorial race being held this sunday if you guys need to get your RC fix. proceeds will go to his family and his RC stuff will be auctioned off.

Info here:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...rial-race.html

I thought this was a good cause to warrant a post in here. Hope no one minds.

Back to our regularly scheduled TCS programming.. Fred where's the nats rules?
Sorry to hear about Rick, he was a great guy, always helped me at the track when I first started racing, very generous - he was good one - he will be missed.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Richard Smith...

Yeah.. i couldnt believe it when i first heard. Such a cool dude and racer. Lots of memories racing against him.. Since the old Hitec Races..

RIP my friend..
Old 05-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally Posted by madjack
Roger,

Do you have an updated list of teams for the event?
I think we are already 1/2 full. If you want to put a team together do it asap! 1 week into sign ups and we are already 1/2 full! This one is shaping up to be a battle before anyone has even hit the track!

Roger
Tamiya America
Old 05-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RogerHewson
I think we are already 1/2 full. If you want to put a team together do it asap! 1 week into sign ups and we are already 1/2 full! This one is shaping up to be a battle before anyone has even hit the track!

Roger
Tamiya America
I'm on a team... I think

I was just wondering who the competition is
Old 05-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Anyone in Norcal know who is running the race? Can they confirm with the race director regarding track conditions. Before I spend over $ 500 to travel up there and I am sure others will spend more, I would like to know what is going on with the track. FRED can you comment please on what the situation is. Rant and Rave coming soon!!!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Anyone in Norcal know who is running the race? Can they confirm with the race director regarding track conditions. Before I spend over $ 500 to travel up there and I am sure others will spend more, I would like to know what is going on with the track. FRED can you comment please on what the situation is. Rant and Rave coming soon!!!
Brandon,
Just get to Fremont! raise up your little mini to a 8mm ride height, and enjoy running!

See ya there.

Oh, Stop worrying about it and have fun, remember its a toy car, and your racing for a bowling trophy. Not a trip to Japan (yet)
Old 05-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Track conditions will be good for DF-03ra.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirSwiftAlot
Hey Swifty.
might I suggest an alternative chassis

Old 05-29-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

You guys are right !! See you there. I will be running my 501 X and Mini with buggy tires.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

It's Sunday here in Panda Land so Saturday night for you guys so I hope you are all getting your cars ready for the Richard Smith Memorial race. Rich was a great guy on and off the track and will be missed by the RC community.

As for Nor Cal, rooms are already booked and just plan to have fun. Will wait to see what the track is like to decide what class to race so I am going to bring the 416 for GT-1, both TA05 V2's to cover Gt-2 or GT-3, the M05 for mini and might as well bring the F103 up for F1 just in case. I think Nemo said he was bringing up his DB-01 with 13.5 motor for GT-1 class.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Who from Socal plans on making the trip up to Norcal ? Other then Kevin

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.